Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Adopt a Crag at Truman Lake
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jlasseter

Sep 30, 2008, 5:31 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Adopt a Crag at Truman Lake  (North_America: United_States: Missouri)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The Adopt a Crag at Truman will start at 9:00 am Saturday, October 4th. I expect we will work until mid-afternoon, climb a little and have dinner at about 5:00pm. Bring gloves, shovels, picks, rakes and sledge hammers. The plan is to finish the bottom half of the east walk down by Weenie Buttress and work on the top of the trail to the west.

I met with Bob Marchi, the COE project director for Truman Lake last Thursday. He is a really nice guy and has been very supportive of climbing at Truman. He understands that COE property can support multiple user groups. That being said, the City of Warsaw has plans to expand Shawnee Bend Golf Course from nine to eighteen holes. I have seen the plans, and it will encompass the entire cliff line. The city does not have the 3 million or so needed for development, but is currently looking for financial backers. Mr. Marchi plans to visit with our group Saturday. It is possible that when the golf course expands, we could still preserve climbing access, but that would require approval by the city of Warsaw who will be leasing the land from the COE. We could use a good turnout this Saturday to show the COE that climbers are interested in the future of Truman.

Jim Lasseter
Kansas City Climbing Club
jlasseter@cox.net
785-478-1185

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook