RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

bertrand

Oct 4, 2008, 8:14 AM
Post #1 of 5 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Lovers Leap's "Extra Car" parking
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ya ya, I already heard the Forest Service decided to ignore the Access Funds legacy stipulation that camping at Lovers Leap shall remain free of charge....BUT, I just returned from 2yrs in the east coast and got a parking ticket today at Lovers Leap...WTF!!! the signs say "camping = $10" and "extra car parking = $5", w/ some detail explaining how you get one free parking spot w/ your campsite but your EXTRA car will be another $5.

But I'm a day-user..there's no sign about that! has anybody else gotten a bullsh*t ticket for this? What method was most successful in fighting this?

porkchop_express

Oct 5, 2008, 9:34 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3057 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bertrand] Lovers Leap's "Extra Car" parking [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell yes! That is a crock of dung to be sure- I parked there the first day and didnt pay anything because it said extra car parking and since i only have one car, there was nothing "extra" about it. No problem. Next day We come back from climbing and theres a ticket saying we have to pay up. I had just gotten all my hiking gear stolen while camping on FS land (we have been on a road trip since june) so I was not in the mood to stick around and argue the ticket. I paid it in pennies and left some comments that im certain were roundly ignored. The next day I found some parking to the east that was more direct, following better trails and was free.

bertrand

Oct 7, 2008, 1:43 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [porkchop_express] Lovers Leap's "Extra Car" parking [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that's a great answer. thanks. what did it cost to send the pennies through the mail?

salamanizer

Oct 7, 2008, 2:25 AM
Post #4 of 5 (3010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Park in the free spot from now on, send the pennies in the mail then do everyone else a favor by cutting down the misleading sign.

When parking in the "other area" please remember to be considerate of other climbers avoiding the fraudulent day use charges and park close to each other and in an orderly fashion to maximize parking space.

evanwish

Nov 21, 2008, 3:13 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i usually park back by the Y intersection by the lodge or the east side...

the last few years i've worked/lived up the hill at camp sacramento so i usually just hike down from there and don't worry about parking.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook