RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

hans

Nov 10, 2002, 4:01 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1507 views)
Shortcut

Chongo Book?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I'm really glad I found this forum - I'm learning a lot, and am getting really psyched to get back on the rock after a few years of slacking.

Before I do, however, I'd like to learn as much as I can of the Better Way. Is driving to the Valley and tracking down a guy named Chongo basically the only way to obtain his book, or is there a Better Way?

Thanks,

-Hans

flamer

Nov 10, 2002, 4:21 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1507 views)
Shortcut

Chongo Book? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pretty much....but be careful! You don't want him to start talking about "Strings".

jhwnewengland

Nov 10, 2002, 5:11 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a "better way," hans. Go to passthepitonspete's profile page, and clik on recent messages by PTPP. You will see a bunch of threads entitled "Ask Dr. Piton... about XXX." Fish around the site for the rest of these as well. You can learn much of what's in Chongo's book (with improvements) from these posts. Unfortunately there's no directory for all the threads right now, but you should be able to find them all with a little detective work. Also check out the article "PTPPs Ultimate Big Wall Checklist." It's a good one.

Jan

passthepitonspete

Nov 10, 2002, 5:56 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First of all, welcome aboard!

You have come to the right place to find out about stuff.

Especially the aid forum - lots of good stuff here.

The post you are looking for is called Dr. PTPP: Your Book?

I'm afraid that the Better Way is either the way you describe, or else to mail him the bucks and wait.

May I make some suggestions to Andrew the moderator?

I suggest NO FURTHER REPLIES HERE - instead, please reply in the post linked above.

May I also suggust this post sit here for a few days, and then be deleted in its entirety.

Hans, here in the Aid Climbing Forum we really really try to keep the choss, clusterf*ck and wank factor to a minimum.

While I maintain redundancy in my climbing systems, here it just creates unnecessary duplication.

Some time this week I hope to sit down and link all of my Dr. Piton posts into a single post that for now you can use as an index.

This will help reduce the clutter, and help you find stuff.

Cheers,

Pete

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook