Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Banta

Oct 17, 2008, 4:47 PM
Post #1 of 19 (1904 views)
Shortcut

Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

These newer climbing videos coming out are kind of ridiculous with the amount of product placement and bad acting. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys are putting makeup on before they go to shoot.. i mean.. send. So many of the problems in these movies look rehearsed and are often time climbed in a manner that looks "cool". Am I the only one who prefers the good ol' dirt baggish movies? I mean really who goes to send their problem wearing a brand new prana sweater and jeans? or when tommy caldwell is bouldering with that petzl headlamp on lol...

(This post was edited by Banta on Oct 17, 2008, 4:52 PM)

Rubicon

Oct 17, 2008, 7:47 PM
Post #2 of 19 (1846 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Banta] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ppl love to complain about everything... something new and interesting comes out and u have to bitch about it instead of appreciating new material...

ridiculous imo

cush

Oct 17, 2008, 8:04 PM
Post #3 of 19 (1835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

both these movies rule and get my psyched to go out and climb. they're pro climbers. they get paid to make these videos and the more product placement they have the more money the video will make allowing these people to climb for a living. if you want to see more old school/dirt bag style climbing videos then go spend a hundered bucks on a sony handycam and make one yourself. I'll watch your videos just like i'd watch a video made by prana or some other overly priced apparel comany. quit bitching about climbing videos and go make one you'd want to watch. or better yet, quit bitching about climbing videos and go redpoint whatever line you've been working on.

Banta

Oct 17, 2008, 8:22 PM
Post #4 of 19 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rubicon] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can see it now, your one of those "new age" bouldering kids whos been on real rock 3 times in his life and spends the rest of his time in the gym and you still call yourself a climber.

cush

Oct 17, 2008, 8:58 PM
Post #5 of 19 (1791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yep, it sounds like you've got me pretty much figured out.

dj69

Oct 17, 2008, 9:15 PM
Post #6 of 19 (1776 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Banta wrote:
... or when tommy caldwell is bouldering with that petzl headlamp on...

First off that’s some bad product placement, tommy was using a black diamond headlamp FYI. (Tommy isn’t currently sponsored by petzl.)
Secondly, I couldn’t even see a logo on Tommy headlamp, even now when I watched the first dose specifically looking for it.

Sounds to me like someone might be jealous..

wzrdgandalf

Oct 17, 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #7 of 19 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Banta wrote:
These newer climbing videos coming out are kind of ridiculous with the amount of product placement and bad acting. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys are putting makeup on before they go to shoot.. i mean.. send. So many of the problems in these movies look rehearsed and are often time climbed in a manner that looks "cool". Am I the only one who prefers the good ol' dirt baggish movies? I mean really who goes to send their problem wearing a brand new prana sweater and jeans? or when tommy caldwell is bouldering with that petzl headlamp on lol...

What do you expect them to wear while they are climbing? They are climbers with no job, prana supplies them with all of their clothing. If prana gave me my wardrobe then i would probably not argue and wear it.
Did you expect Tommy caldwell to wear a cheap headlamp from wal-mart? NO, why would he do that when his sponsors give him one? Should he renounce his sponsors for the sake of capturing the true essence of climbers worldwide.... oh wait, most people who night boulder would probably be found wearing the same or similar headlamps.

Get off it!

Zerogeist

Oct 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #8 of 19 (1703 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wzrdgandalf] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wzrdgandalf wrote:
Banta wrote:

What do you expect them to wear while they are climbing? They are climbers with no job, prana supplies them with all of their clothing. If prana gave me my wardrobe then i would probably not argue and wear it.
Did you expect Tommy caldwell to wear a cheap headlamp from wal-mart? NO, why would he do that when his sponsors give him one? Should he renounce his sponsors for the sake of capturing the true essence of climbers worldwide.... oh wait, most people who night boulder would probably be found wearing the same or similar headlamps.

Get off it!

qft.

please stop further feeding of the troll

Banta

Oct 17, 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #9 of 19 (1685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wzrdgandalf] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The brand of his head lamp is irrelevant. My point is it's not needed. Maybe you guys are too ignorant to realize they are jamming these products down your throat. who the hell boulders with a head lamp? I can guarantee someone made him wear that stupid thing so that retards would think "oh wow thats cool ill go buy one so i can night boulder" he had flood lights as well wich is ALL you need.

wordless_chorus

Oct 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #10 of 19 (1678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carry out flood lights to boulders or carry tiny headlamp in case it gets dark???? flood lights fit well in my pad...
banta you suck

Gravitron5000

Oct 17, 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #11 of 19 (1678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Most people that boulder at night use a headlamp. Conditions can be better at night if it's hot. Maybe trolls are afraid of the dark, and go home before the streetlights are turned on.

jakedatc

Oct 17, 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #12 of 19 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you watch any other sports? Football, baseball, hockey, golf, tennis.. they are ALL sponsored and ALL wear what they are sponsored by. Golf guys are the easiest example.. Nike shoes, Titlist balls, Callaway clubs, big ass Callaway bag. Hat, sunglasses etc. Many wear their sunglasses backwards half the time but keep them on so the sponsor gets air time. Hell one of the US olympic guys beach Vball players wore no lenses in his sunglasses for a few games.

How else do you think they get paid and free gear? Crazy

They have been plugging sponsors in climbing vids too.. Big Petzl patches on draws, Cordless pads, everyone using Gri Gri's, brand new harness, latest or most popular shoe from 5.10 or sportiva

someone is too ignorant to think this is something new.

Banta

Oct 18, 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #13 of 19 (1653 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

watch rampage then watch dosage v and tell me its not new.

jmvc

Oct 18, 2008, 7:26 AM
Post #14 of 19 (1616 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Banta wrote:
who the hell boulders with a head lamp?

Errm.. Me?

boombewm

Oct 18, 2008, 8:40 AM
Post #15 of 19 (1606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

damn, I can't find it. I have this awesomely bad picture of me wearing jeans a brand new prana hoodie (with the tag still on it), bouldering in the dark at red rocks, trashed beyond all belief...When I find it, I'll post it. noob.

bayinghounds

Oct 18, 2008, 2:44 PM
Post #16 of 19 (1561 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Banta wrote:
watch rampage then watch dosage v and tell me its not new.

there's prana gear all over rampage. obe is wearing a hat blatantly displaying the prana logo pretty much throughout the entire film.

jakedatc

Oct 18, 2008, 3:57 PM
Post #17 of 19 (1541 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bayinghounds] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, They also had FEWER sponsors in Rampage.. Prana.. 5.10.. Petzl were still all in there plenty.

haven't seen Dose 5 yet.. want to send me your copy since you hate it?

rhythm164

Oct 18, 2008, 4:57 PM
Post #18 of 19 (1523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jmvc] Dosage V King Lines. Less acting more climbing. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jmvc wrote:
Banta wrote:
who the hell boulders with a head lamp?

Errm.. Me?

me too

gt29905

Oct 18, 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #19 of 19 (1502 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've really enjoyed everything that bigupproductions has offered and I think Banta's argument is pretty ridiculous BUT I see what he's getting at. MY POINT is that there was one source of media that was relatively pure and now it's DEAD!

ALPINIST IS DEAD!

I'm in mourning. The NPR of the climbing world is dead. I'm trying to motivate some type of reader based plot to save the company but it's a long shot at best. I should start a thread but the bullshit flamers would make me even more depressed.
PiratePiratePirate

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook