RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Announcements

Premier Sponsor:

Partner j_ung

Jan 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #1 of 1 (2200 views)
Shortcut

New Security Measures in Classifieds
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Hi all,

In the past, Rockclimbing.com hasn't been much of a target for Classified scammers, and in all honesty it still isn't. But since I've now dealt with two of these assholes in the last few weeks on BASEjumper.com -- both of whom were also active on Dropzone.com -- I thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and put similar infrastructure in place here.

I encourage you to report ads and responses to ads that seem suspicious. You'll see "Report" links in responses to your ads and in classified ads themselves. What constitutes suspicious? Click to read more about buyer scams and seller scams.

Along with report buttons, I'll post scam warnings in the Security & Scams Forum. When I do that, an announcement will automatically appear atop the main Classified page. Alerts only stay live for a week, so if you use the Rockclimbing.com classifieds, it's probably a good idea to check the Security & Scams Forum regularly. (I often receive scam reports from Dropzone.com users in regard to scammers I posted about weeks or even months prior.)

Lastly, new ads have always automatically excluded responses from users who have not been registered for long. The default is three days. Now, when you post an ad, you have the option to extend that exclusion period to as long as a month.

But listen, the addition of all these pro-tek-shuns mean nothing to your responsibility to protect yourselves when using the Classifieds here. Rockclimbing.com is a middleman, and that's about it. You have to do your own due diligence. If you know nothing about such scams, click those links above to learn a little more.

Happy hunting,
J

(This post was edited by j_ung on Jan 14, 2009, 10:00 PM)

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Announcements

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook