RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

saltspringer

Oct 26, 2001, 12:33 AM
Post #1 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Beta in photo gallery
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

How about adding an option for photo info (camera type, lens, films, etc..) in the gallery submissions form? This was one of the great features of National Geographic in years gone by & it lets people know what it takes to make a great photo...what do you think?

metoliusmunchkin

Oct 26, 2001, 1:48 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Beta in photo gallery [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

An option for suggestions to make great photos? I'm in! I think that this is an excellent way to inform and educate people on how to make excellent pictures for their own good, and for the good of this site (the submition of photos). Right on saltspringer, I am behind you 100%!
Pat

beta

Oct 26, 2001, 2:30 AM
Post #3 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, I agree, I work in the photography/digital imaging field, f-stop, exposure, lens, and film speed woud be ideal info to start. Composition, lighting info preferences, etc... would also be imformative. If using digital, resolution and equivalent aperture, shutter speed would be good to know.

Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: beta on 2001-10-25 19:41 ]

woodse

Oct 26, 2001, 2:46 AM
Post #4 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yeah that would be sweet!!!!

I like the idea, and I'll speak for my girl too cause she is an avid photographer who is always looking to learn more especially from other climbing photos.

Good Idea.

kriso9tails

Oct 26, 2001, 4:06 AM
Post #5 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think what would be useful is info on the set up eg. ropes and rigging, available angles, gear required and so on

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 26, 2001, 4:21 AM
Post #6 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm, I didn't know it took all that to make a good shot. I thought it was all in the angle and antisipating the move in relation to the shot. All my pictures are taken with a point and shoot.

rrrADAM

beta

Oct 26, 2001, 4:33 AM
Post #7 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrAdam, that shot appearing on the homepage of you pulling that roof, looked like it was taken with something better than a P&S camera, (good depth of field), seriously, there are some great shots in the photo gallery, knowing the thought process of the photographer and technical details would only serve to improve the memberships ability and interest in posting their shots. Very cool stuff once you get in to it.

Let me know if I can help.

Jeff

saltspringer

Oct 26, 2001, 6:41 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah, good, seems like everyone is interested...FYI rradam, it doesn't take much to take one good shot: just luck. To shoot consistently well & come out with a "usable" photo each & every time requires some knowledge of the fundamentals of photography. I'm a nature/landscape photographer by profession but I enjoy shooting on my days off while climbing & what I enjoy the most is getting unique perspectives without all of the fancy rigging of the pros so beta can help with setups as well. Also, if someone did use a P&S to get a great shot it will probably inspire others to do the same: any way you look at it, the photo beta would add an extra dimension to the Galley section that would benefit most visitors

[ This Message was edited by: saltspringer on 2001-10-26 00:22 ]

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook