RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

AltitudeJunkie

Feb 25, 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #1 of 4 (673 views)
Shortcut

Red River Gorge in April?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I am looking for a female climbing partner for a trip to the Red in April since my current partner is unavailable. I can climb 5.9 fairly solidly, I can sport 5.7 and would like to push 5.8.

I'm fairly new to trad, and I would like to practice on some easier routes. The person I started trad climbing with was not a safe person to be learning from. (i have plenty of stories from that one lol yikes) i'd like to learn trad climbing in a way that isn't guaranteed to get me killed at some point.

If there is anyone out there that can trad 5.9 or higher, knows how to do things the correct way, and would be interested in a trip to the Red send me a message and I'll divulge the details :)

(This post was edited by AltitudeJunkie on Feb 27, 2009, 2:00 PM)

napoleon_in_rags

Feb 27, 2009, 7:10 PM
Post #2 of 4 (624 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AltitudeJunkie] Red River Gorge in April? [In reply to]
Report this Post

1) I am not female

2) I can't climb in April

So I obviously in no way meet what your looking for in a partner. But that being said, I am looking for a partnerat RRG for March 7 - 15th if you are interested. I climb Trad and Sport and am a very safe climber/ teacher.

karmiclimber

Feb 28, 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #3 of 4 (604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Heya! I don't really fit your requirements, other than I am a female! But I climb hard, I'm dedicated, have a small trad rack and my last partner was a great trad climber- I lead a couple routes and followed many, but it's been awhile since then. Um, I take it you are a female also, if so, I'd love to tag along with you if you find the trip leader you are looking for. Please let me know!!

uptick

Mar 1, 2009, 5:38 AM
Post #4 of 4 (594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

If in doubt, just go to Miguel's and hang out. Sure you could talk it up with one of the 100's of people there to hang with . That or go to one of the popular crags and find a group that appears to be intelligent and ask to hang with them.
It's a pretty casual community.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook