Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

karmiclimber

Mar 6, 2009, 1:59 AM
Post #26 of 33 (650 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

WHAT. Why do you climber men marry chicks who hate climbing! I want a climber man, but all of the ones I have met are nutcases (no offense :p) who marry these women who hate dirt, then the men complain about it!

I for art thou woodcraft!

DMT
WTF does that mean? Are you fun poking?? You are about to rouse the wrath of calypso!:p

Sin: sorry, I used you for an example. I've seen it so many times- man loves climbing. Woman he is with is some control freak who hates it when he goes climbing BUT he stays with her. And complains about it. So unfair. That's what you guys get for picking pretty ladies over rad dirt barbies! I'm gonna climb til I die, believe it:-D, and I can't wait to meet my permanent belay partner.

hp

Mar 11, 2009, 8:01 PM
Post #27 of 33 (611 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karmiclimber] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Smile oh dear

My wife doesn´t complain at all if I go climbing without her (she climbs periodically her self). If we are on a cliff and she doesn´t feel like climbing anymore she belays and doesn´t whine at all. I quess she´s happy when she sees me having a hard time Sly It´s the other trips(with guys u know) she finds not so necessary Wink

majid_sabet

Mar 11, 2009, 8:21 PM
Post #28 of 33 (596 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rockweasel] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rockweasel wrote:
Hi everyone,

My wife is an outdoor lover and really likes to go hiking and camping. She is however, deathly afraid of heights. So, getting her to climb will never happen. Now, being the devious little Rockweasel that I am, I've proposed a camping trip during spring break (I'm a teacher) with the hopes of getting in a little bouldering and possibly some top ropping if the wife is willing to learn to belay.
I live in B'ham, AL and would like to take her some place she has never been. We have hiked and camped in just about every place possible in Alabama, so I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for Tenn. or North Georgia. I've been to Foster Falls several times, but I'm saving that for warmer weather so we can enjoy the waterfall and the pool below.

Thanks,

Josh

ohh honny i amsorrrrry

aaa i just pull that handle on that thing and then ooohh my god

are you going to be ok, ohhh sh*t what did i do please honey talk to me

I am scared

(This post was edited by majid_sabet on Mar 11, 2009, 8:25 PM)

acorneau

Mar 11, 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #29 of 33 (585 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
ohh honny i amsorrrrry

I am scared

minibiter

Mar 11, 2009, 9:33 PM
Post #30 of 33 (561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karmiclimber] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
WHAT. Why do you climber men marry chicks who hate climbing! I want a climber man, but all of the ones I have met are nutcases (no offense :p) who marry these women who hate dirt, then the men complain about it!

Hey now, I'm climber man and I'm not nuts! Too bad you live in OH... the Red is kind of a halfway point. You going there this weekend? I probably am, if I can stand the threat of dreary weather.

I will never marry a woman who hates dirt, that is my solemn oath!

caliclimbergrl

Mar 12, 2009, 3:41 AM
Post #31 of 33 (530 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Sin] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sin wrote:
Rockweasel wrote:
I'm sure glad I'm not married to your wives. Your life as a climber must suck. I can walk into the room right now and tell her I'm going climbing and she won't say a word. Maybe, like my climbing buddies say, I really am married to the coolest girl in the world. For one, she is smart enough to know that if I'm in the woods that my shoes and chalk are in my backpack. She even lets me keep an old pair of shoes in her car in case I spot a boulder from the road when we aren't in my car. Over Christmas she drove me to a creek where her friends used to hang out as kids. There was a thirty foot long traverse (V1/V2) that she thought I would like to play on for a while.
So, I'm not worried about her getting angry. If she did it would be the first dumb thing that made angry in ten years. You see, she isn't your typical girl. She knows that she isn't the only thing in the world and is independent enough not to need constant affirmation and attention to feel secure in our relationship.

That is on of the reasons I married her. She was one of the guys then and still is now. Man I love that girl.

But other than superimposing your life experiences on me, do you have any suggestions in Tenn. or North Georgia?

Josh

Have you ever thought about what she does when you go out climbing so easily?????

Fishing buddies
A woman is in bed with her lover who also happens to be her husband's best friend. They make love for hours, and afterwards, while they're just laying there, the phone rings.

Since it is the woman's house, she picks up the receiver. Her lover looks over at her and listens, only hearing her side of the conversation...

(She is speaking in a cheery voice)

"Hello? Oh, hi. I'm so glad that you called. Really? That's wonderful. I am so happy for you. That sounds terrific. Great! Thanks. Okay. Bye bye." She hangs up the telephone and her lover asks, "Who was that?"

"Oh" she replies, "that was my husband telling me all about the wonderful time he's having on his fishing trip with you."

Just something to stop and think about it a bit.

eye roll My boyfriend isn't a climber and he allows me the same kind of freedom to climb. In fact, if a few weekends go by and I haven't gone climbing, he gets worried and checks in to make sure nothing is wrong! And I know what he does when I'm out climbing -- he pulls out his video games. Just because you have a SO that's supportive of the things that make you happy doesn't mean they're cheating on you!

Sin

Mar 12, 2009, 4:03 AM
Post #32 of 33 (523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caliclimbergrl] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caliclimbergrl wrote:
Sin wrote:
Rockweasel wrote:
I'm sure glad I'm not married to your wives. Your life as a climber must suck. I can walk into the room right now and tell her I'm going climbing and she won't say a word. Maybe, like my climbing buddies say, I really am married to the coolest girl in the world. For one, she is smart enough to know that if I'm in the woods that my shoes and chalk are in my backpack. She even lets me keep an old pair of shoes in her car in case I spot a boulder from the road when we aren't in my car. Over Christmas she drove me to a creek where her friends used to hang out as kids. There was a thirty foot long traverse (V1/V2) that she thought I would like to play on for a while.
So, I'm not worried about her getting angry. If she did it would be the first dumb thing that made angry in ten years. You see, she isn't your typical girl. She knows that she isn't the only thing in the world and is independent enough not to need constant affirmation and attention to feel secure in our relationship.

That is on of the reasons I married her. She was one of the guys then and still is now. Man I love that girl.

But other than superimposing your life experiences on me, do you have any suggestions in Tenn. or North Georgia?

Josh

Have you ever thought about what she does when you go out climbing so easily?????

Fishing buddies
A woman is in bed with her lover who also happens to be her husband's best friend. They make love for hours, and afterwards, while they're just laying there, the phone rings.

Since it is the woman's house, she picks up the receiver. Her lover looks over at her and listens, only hearing her side of the conversation...

(She is speaking in a cheery voice)

"Hello? Oh, hi. I'm so glad that you called. Really? That's wonderful. I am so happy for you. That sounds terrific. Great! Thanks. Okay. Bye bye." She hangs up the telephone and her lover asks, "Who was that?"

"Oh" she replies, "that was my husband telling me all about the wonderful time he's having on his fishing trip with you."

Just something to stop and think about it a bit.

eye roll My boyfriend isn't a climber and he allows me the same kind of freedom to climb. In fact, if a few weekends go by and I haven't gone climbing, he gets worried and checks in to make sure nothing is wrong! And I know what he does when I'm out climbing -- he pulls out his video games. Just because you have a SO that's supportive of the things that make you happy doesn't mean they're cheating on you!

Holy crap, it took awhile didn't it. It's called a joke, which usually extends the truth a bit. Just because you make a joke about something, it doesnt mean you are generalizing a whole host of people. Don't take it so personal, I was only pulling his chain when he decided to verbally attack me and my family life,LOL that sounded serious..........

altelis

Mar 13, 2009, 7:06 PM
Post #33 of 33 (488 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Camping trip with the wife. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

acorneau wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
ohh honny i amsorrrrry

I am scared

he was clearly describing what would happen when "the wife" is taught to belay for the first time, learns on a grigri, pulls the handle and causes the husband to deck. not so hard.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook