RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

pico23

Apr 13, 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1590 views)
Shortcut

First The Storm Trooper, Now The Leica White Knight
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A few months ago I posted the limited edition white K-m/K2000 from Pentax on some thread. I noted how it was either a brilliant idea or brilliantly stupid (just like Pentax pulling print based advertising out of the US market and concentrating on internet based, or pulling out of many retail stores rather than get hosed when they went bankrupt, aka Nikon and Canon with Ritz and Circuit City). I also noted that it would eventually be copied by other camera makers...anyway, most people with any sort of historical perspective on photography know that Leica and Leitz are among the storied names in photography. Leica still consistently produces the best lenses in the world, even if they are the most expensive such as this beautiful f/0.95

Which according to Leica
In reply to:
Out-performs the human eye!

After more than 30 years, Leica breaks its own record and introduces the world's highest-speed aspherical lens: the LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH.

So without further delay I present the White Knight, aka. the Leica M8 Limited....

Yes, it's as obnoxious as the white K2000/K-m, but really when you look at the obnoxious silver/champagne D50 and Rebel series it's not really that bad. Would I shoot with a white camera? Umm, hmm, if the M8 showed up at my door with the 50mm f.95 Noctilux, yeah, I'd shoot with it. As someone said on Gizmodo when the K2000 came out in white, "it's hideous, but if it was a Mac I'd be all over it." I agree it's hideous, but if it's a Leica I'd be all over it.

Good ideas are always copied!

(This post was edited by pico23 on Apr 13, 2009, 12:07 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook