RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

chigori

Apr 17, 2009, 8:55 AM
Post #1 of 4 (13872 views)
Shortcut

Photography Setups
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. To rock climbing and photography I'm not new, I just have never combined the 2 in a creative way.

I am doing some research and found the following photo on a setup for taking shots of climbing... do you guys know any other setups like this? Have photo's of them? Tips, Comments?

Many thanks!

(This post was edited by chigori on Apr 17, 2009, 11:03 AM)
Attachments: rigsetup.JPG (81.3 KB)

JoshCaple

Apr 17, 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #2 of 4 (13819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chigori] Photography Setups [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

The guy in the photo is actually a good friend of mine and it's hilarious watching his face every time he fields yet another question about that frame.
Contraptions like this can work really well for certain shots but for the most part they are a huge pain in the ass and don't improve your photos.
My sentiments are that if you are both a photographer and a climber you should be able to use a little brain power to figure things out yourself.
Aside from the basics of jugging & aiding, redirections, equalising multiple ropes etc there are plenty of options you just need to figure out the best way for you to do it with your own competencies and resources on the day.

pico23

Apr 17, 2009, 7:54 PM
Post #3 of 4 (13811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Finding detailed info on these setups is tough. Believe me I've looked. I think I do have a setup somewhere saved on the hard drive but the HD is worse than my garage.

Jeff Ackey talks about booms and such but I don't think there is a detailed setup in his photography book.

To get really good shots it would seem you do need a setup like this, especially on routes without vantage points off the rock for the photographer.

Looking forward to seeing what you get if you go this route.

chigori wrote:
Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. To rock climbing and photography I'm not new, I just have never combined the 2 in a creative way.

I am doing some research and found the following photo on a setup for taking shots of climbing... do you guys know any other setups like this? Have photo's of them? Tips, Comments?

Many thanks!

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3501;[/image]

marcolopez

Dec 3, 2017, 2:05 PM
Post #4 of 4 (10973 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is always best to have some printed references for this kind of interest,, it could be much helpful.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook