Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

majid_sabet

Apr 24, 2009, 5:57 PM
Post #26 of 48 (2126 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Cow climber is someone or can be group of people who follow the same set up and practices while climbing without ever understanding the reasons behind why things are done in a certain way .

For example; if a climber uses Fu*Klete multi-point with a cam and two nuts for an anchor, others will follow same set up without ever asking why its done that way.

In the image below, lead cow used 8 for belay and others will follow using the same device.

[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3666/cow1v.jpg[/IMG]

On the other hand, Goat climbers do not follow each other's method and have a tendency to create their own system so;

are you a goat climber or cow climber ?

[IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4198/a126goat1.jpg[/IMG]

Majid that is some funny fucking shit!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Ima GOAT by god! You can see it in my eyes.

DMT

you are a naturally born goat

a gifted one

dingus

Apr 24, 2009, 6:05 PM
Post #27 of 48 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Angus and I did an 11-hour car to car ascent of the East Buttress of Mt Whitney (PeeWee Pillar).

So we were like, in a hurry?

We got to the erberscheberdeebersteeber ledges to get up out of the brush gully on the approach, some of you will know exactly where I am talking about?

On the way in a slow moving (crawling) back packing party was infront of us and wouldn't move. So on a switchback I just shouldered my way through, quite rudely.

"Ddddddhhhude!" I goated. "Mmmmmoooove outta da way."

"Asshole!" was the well intended response I received from behind. I WAS rude, but so was fat boy Mr Backpacker who knew damn well i was behind hinm and refused to yield.

About 9 hours later we were coming back down and ANOTHER group of slow moving twits was in front of us. Again, no yield. Again, I made a rush for it.

This time I sorta headbutted the offending slowpoke out of the way to get to a short little down scamble (to be done wiht the Ledges).

As I turned to make the step down? My back hit the slowpokes pack and SHIT!

THE DUDE WAS ABOUT TO TOPPLE OFF THE LEDGE!

That's bbbbaaaaaaaaaad!

Luckily for SlowPoke... Angus reached out and steadied him.

"Easy there buddy." he said pleasantly to the dude, obviously fed up with my goat ways as well (goat ways? I didn't mean to headbutt him... I just couldn't help myself!!!1111 You know... GOAT!

"Asshole!" Again the comment. Only this time?

It was Angus! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

That's bbbbaaaaaaad dddhhhhuuuuude!

Goat climbers. Don't turn your backs on us! (yes, I meant it THAT WAY)

DMT

majid_sabet

Apr 24, 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #28 of 48 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [desertwanderer81] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
desertwanderer81 wrote:
I'm thinking something was lost in the translation.....

do not forget that similar type of cows voted for GW Bush for 8 years

What do you call someone who voted for GW the first time, but for Kerry the second?

an enlighten cow that has been rejected by others to become a goat

billcoe_

Apr 24, 2009, 6:08 PM
Post #29 of 48 (2109 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

GREAT STUFF MAJID!!!!

patmay81

Apr 24, 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #30 of 48 (2098 views)
Shortcut

Re: [no_email_entered] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no_email_entered wrote:
mule and sheep were good adds. here's the more complete spectrum for the confused and relatively bored [is it friday?]---

---the only other one missing was my own predisposition: chupacabra[/quote]
I'm gonna have to second the addition of the chupacabra into the mix!
maybe also the addition of the Tasmanian devil between wolf and chupacabra!

caliclimbergrl

Apr 24, 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #31 of 48 (2098 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm ... I think the analogy would work better if you used sheep and goats. Although cows do tend to just follow along with the heard as do most herding prey animals, as a culture, we've given that characteristic to sheep to make the analogous point you're trying to make. And we use goats as the devious animals who go against the grain rather than just following the heard. Although I think that's only because of the Judeo-Christian influence on our culture where sheep have come to represent Christians who just believe on faith and don't rebel or question what they're told whereas goats have come to symbolize paganism and all of the "devious" behavior that goes along with it.

And really, goats have the same instinctual herding behavior as both cows and sheep. If you really wanted to make a good analogy based on real animal behavior you should use sheep (or cows or goats) and foxes or coyotes or some other clever hunting animal.

Besides, it would sound way cooler to say I'm a fox climber than a goat climber!!

(This post was edited by caliclimbergrl on Apr 24, 2009, 6:25 PM)

caliclimbergrl

Apr 24, 2009, 6:29 PM
Post #32 of 48 (2093 views)
Shortcut

Re: [herbertpowell] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

herbertpowell wrote:
One time I followed some goats, hoping they would lead me to a source of water. I was right.

I would be careful employing that technique for finding water. Goats around here drink climber pee.

dingus

Apr 24, 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #33 of 48 (2089 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caliclimbergrl] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caliclimbergrl wrote:
Hmmm ... I think the analogy would work better if you used sheep and goats. Although cows do tend to just follow along with the heard as do most herding prey animals, as a culture, we've given that characteristic to sheep to make the analogous point you're trying to make. And we use goats as the devious animals who go against the grain rather than just following the heard. Although I think that's only because of the Judeo-Christian influence on our culture where sheep have come to represent Christians who just believe on faith and don't rebel or question what they're told whereas goats have come to symbolize paganism and all of the "devious" behavior that goes along with it.

And really, goats have the same instinctual herding behavior as both cows and sheep. If you really wanted to make a good analogy based on real animal behavior you should use sheep (or cows or goats) and foxes or coyotes or some other clever hunting animal.

Besides, it would sound way cooler to say I'm a fox climber than a goat climber!!
Oh come on cali gurl, admit it... majid made a funny.

I know... I know... admission is painful.

But damnit if he didn't go and do it (be funny, that is)

Cheers caligurl!

DMT

herbertpowell

Apr 24, 2009, 6:37 PM
Post #34 of 48 (2083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caliclimbergrl] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think there are enough climbers here to supply a goat.

The worst is when the goats have a path down a cliff that I would still need to rap. They always make me feel like such an inadequate climber.

no_email_entered

Apr 24, 2009, 6:48 PM
Post #35 of 48 (2075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
We got to the erberscheberdeebersteeber ledges to get up out of the brush gully on the approach, some of you will know exactly where I am talking about?

shoulda taken the shortcut behind the big pine tree up right before the trail cuts left down to the creek crossing---

---stays on the right the whole way and scares the bejeezubs outta the packers

majid_sabet

Apr 24, 2009, 6:51 PM
Post #36 of 48 (2075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

caliclimbergrl wrote:

Goats are never happy at where they are. if you really study them, you will find out that they like to stay at top of things.

caliclimbergrl

Apr 24, 2009, 6:52 PM
Post #37 of 48 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
caliclimbergrl wrote:

Goats are never happy at where they are. if you really study them, you will find out that they like to stay at top of things.

LOL -- okay that may be true. But I still wanna be a fox climber.

dingus

Apr 24, 2009, 6:54 PM
Post #38 of 48 (2069 views)
Shortcut

Re: [no_email_entered] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no_email_entered wrote:
dingus wrote:

shoulda taken the shortcut behind the big pine tree up right before the trail cuts left down to the creek crossing---

[image]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/no_email_entered/eledges.jpg[/image]

---stays on the right the whole way and scares the bejeezubs outta the packers

BwahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAWHAWHAW!

That's funny!

Thanks
DMT

dingus

Apr 24, 2009, 6:57 PM
Post #39 of 48 (2060 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caliclimbergrl wrote:
LOL -- okay that may be true. But I still wanna be a fox climber.

You already are Julia, you already are....!

DMT

MikeSaint

Apr 24, 2009, 7:30 PM
Post #40 of 48 (2048 views)
Shortcut

The George W comment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What about all the sheep who voted for Obama?

What about all the cows who voted for Obama?

(This post was edited by MikeSaint on Apr 24, 2009, 7:32 PM)

curt

Apr 24, 2009, 7:43 PM
Post #41 of 48 (2037 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MikeSaint] The George W comment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MikeSaint wrote:
What about all the sheep who voted for Obama?

What about all the cows who voted for Obama?

What about the Baboon who tried to insert your Avatar?

Curt

MikeSaint

Apr 24, 2009, 7:53 PM
Post #42 of 48 (2025 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] The George W comment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It was an avatar of caviar.

theguy

Apr 24, 2009, 8:07 PM
Post #43 of 48 (2013 views)
Shortcut

Re: [herbertpowell] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

herbertpowell wrote:
One time I followed some goats, hoping they would lead me to a source of water

Cow Tongue

ladyscarlett

Apr 24, 2009, 8:13 PM
Post #44 of 48 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

theguy wrote:
herbertpowell wrote:
One time I followed some goats, hoping they would lead me to a source of water

Cow Tongue

As a goat following cow.....even cows can learn....right?

heh

ls

onceahardman

Apr 24, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #45 of 48 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Majid, I would have thought your post was funny, but your latest promise of a report of your injured thumb is a week late.

So, no respect for you.

LunaClimbs

Apr 24, 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #46 of 48 (1995 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
desertwanderer81 wrote:
I'm thinking something was lost in the translation.....

do not forget that similar type of cows voted for GW Bush for 8 years

Is this the type of cow that voted for Bush? Looks like hippos in D.C. voted for Obama. But hippos don't climb.

Then there are the Chicago cows. That type probably voted for Obama.

Don't forget the cows in California. They are happy, liberal cows. Probably voted for Obama too.

So, I don't know what type of cows you are talking about with all this political nonsense. Have you even asked a cow who she voted for? Perhaps you assume too much.

irregularpanda

Apr 24, 2009, 9:10 PM
Post #47 of 48 (1966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
This is great. Majid is stoned out of his mind.

This is correct.

He is such a stoner that he will be the next one caught up on the side of el-cap in the wee hours of the morning, pissing himself, shivering, and asking for cheetos.

dingus

Apr 24, 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #48 of 48 (1941 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] Cow climbers vs Goat climbers ,The true definition [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WE NEED SOME CHEETOES UP HERE!

DMT

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook