RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

unigod2005

May 18, 2009, 4:38 AM
Post #1 of 3 (752 views)
Shortcut

Looking for possible Denali 2010 climbing partners
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a team of guys (5) that are looking to climb Denli next spring (2010). We are technically experienced in rock and some alpine climbing. We are doing a private trip but none of us have ever climbed Denali before. Do you know where I could find someone who has climbed before that might join us?

graniteboy

May 18, 2009, 6:45 PM
Post #2 of 3 (714 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unigod2005] Looking for possible Denali 2010 climbing partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, you could talk to me, fr'instance.
I might be persuaded to take another lap on the big mountain.....but I refuse to slog up the Wet Butt Route. I'd maybe be interested in taking another lap on the Muldrow, and doing the full traverse, and Rafting off the mountain via the Tokositna river...did that one once.

Or, what I'm REALLY interested in is the almost never climbed, but reasonably easy, Northwest Ridge, out on the Peters Glacier.

unigod2005

May 20, 2009, 4:55 AM
Post #3 of 3 (683 views)
Shortcut

Re: [graniteboy] Looking for possible Denali 2010 climbing partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if we are up for the traverse. I mean most of us are kayakers but I don't think I want to mix trips yet. We are looking for a pure alpine big mountain climb nothing more nothing less. I also don't think I could handle the logistics of an alpine climb of Denali AND a river tirp. . .?

Peter's Glacier sounds fun. I would actually prefer to to climb a unique route. Climbing the W Butt sounds so cliche. My only concern is that I don't think our group is experienced enough. I don't know what you mean when you say "reasonably easy". Is their technical ice climbing? Rock climbing? From the pictures it looks like a huge rock headwall, which is awesome. . . but how do we do the route?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook