Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
20 Ticks and 10 minutes later
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

subantz

May 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2074 views)
Shortcut

20 Ticks and 10 minutes later  (North_America: United_States: Georgia: Georgia_North: The_Palisades)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I went there yesterday to look around. I found a couple of boulders and a couple of small walls. I came back out. Greeted the girlfriend who did not want to walk the very thin trail. What happened next she took off running. Yelling something something TICKS. So I look around my pant legs and holy shit. were did all those come from. I striped down in the parking lot picked 16 ticks off my clothes and will not be back there till the weather cools. END

andersjr

May 26, 2009, 7:18 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [subantz] 20 Ticks and 10 minutes later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i thought you did 20 problems in 10 minutes. . .

Vorago

May 26, 2009, 7:38 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1943 views)
Shortcut

Re: [andersjr] 20 Ticks and 10 minutes later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like North-West Scotland...only difference being that those 16 bitches actually bit me...Unsure

kitling89

Jul 2, 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1822 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Vorago] 20 Ticks and 10 minutes later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you can always plunge in the hooch to avoid the bugs

milesenoell

Jul 2, 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1801 views)
Shortcut

Re: [subantz] 20 Ticks and 10 minutes later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A few years back I ended up sleeping in a field without a groundpad or bag, and when I got up went over to a grocery store to get some food. While standing in line I saw something move on my shoulder, so I look over and out of the corner of my eye see a tick crawling around. I immediately start slapping at it trying to get it off me, but I couldn't see it very well and was kind of spazzing out so basically I just starting jumping around slapping at myself and shrieking "Tick, tick, there's a fucking tick on me!" To make it worse I had long hair at the time so I'm taking my hair out of a pony-tail, thrashing around and generally making everyone in the store think I'm a lunatic (sorry for the pun), but I can't just run out of the store 'cause I'm really hungry and still need to get through the line. So after all that I'm now trying to settle back down so I can buy my food, but nobody wants to go back to standing in line next to the crazy tick guy, and meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the tick, and telling myself that it had to be just one of them.

My buddy who was there still gives me shit about it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook