RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

dingus

Apr 15, 2009, 3:08 PM
Post #1 of 17 (4500 views)
Shortcut

Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (10 ratings)  
Can't Post

From another thread:

a-e-jones wrote:
maybe you should be less of an vague idiot and just tell people that someone died because he fell while not on belay

You know what? I am sick to fucking death of these goddamn stupid comments about majid.

Shut the fuck up, all of you.

And you moderators - Majid is attacked on a nearly daily basis on this site... I know you know because some of you DO IT TOO.

How about, like, doing your jobs????? Like, setting aside your petty personal opinions (because they are irrelevant in the context of your job) and enforcing the rules about personal attacks.

Shit, people can't ask about some name brand climber's marital status but can feel free to take pot shots at Majid all the live long day.

Man UP buckeroos. Stop the charade. Majid is one of us too.

At any rate, any time I noticed someone attacking majid I intend to start a muthafuggin flame war - every time I see one. Then you can moderate me.

DMT

DMT

d0nk3yk0n9

Apr 16, 2009, 8:59 PM
Post #2 of 17 (4448 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In all honesty, I'm tired of seeing personal attacks against anyone. I can understand when people disagree with each other. That's fine. Debating and argument of that sort don't bother me at all. But when people start flaming each other and it devolves into what would be a shouting match in real life, it starts to get absolutely pointless for anyone else to read. If someone really feels the need to insult someone else they should do it in PMs or something. Preferably not at all, but some people can't help themselves.

I also wish that the mods would try to do more to control the flame-fests.

In summary, I second what dingus said about not insulting Majid and extend the notion to encompass everyone.

P.S. Except trolls. They're flameable in my opinion.

mojomonkey

Apr 17, 2009, 2:39 AM
Post #3 of 17 (4434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [d0nk3yk0n9] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

d0nk3yk0n9 wrote:
P.S. Except trolls. They're flameable in my opinion.

There's a loophole you can drive a bus through.

Besides, a troll wants any response.

Adk

Apr 18, 2009, 1:18 AM
Post #4 of 17 (4402 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
From another thread:

a-e-jones wrote:
maybe you should be less of an vague idiot and just tell people that someone died because he fell while not on belay

You know what? I am sick to fucking death of these goddamn stupid comments about majid.

And you moderators - Majid is attacked on a nearly daily basis on this site... I know you know because some of you DO IT TOO.

How about, like, doing your jobs????? Like, setting aside your petty personal opinions (because they are irrelevant in the context of your job) and enforcing the rules about personal attacks.

Shit, people can't ask about some name brand climber's marital status but can feel free to take pot shots at Majid all the live long day.

At any rate, any time I noticed someone attacking majid I intend to start a muthafuggin flame war - every time I see one. Then you can moderate me.

DMT

DMT

I second Everything in this post!!! It needs to be dealt with. Mad Oh wait....I won't start a flame war.

Edit to add the "oh wait..."

(This post was edited by Adk on Apr 18, 2009, 1:20 AM)

notapplicable

Apr 19, 2009, 7:56 PM
Post #5 of 17 (4371 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Adk] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

RC.coms greatest and most enduring troll deserves much better treatment than the hate and slander often heaped upon him.

FREE THE SABOTEUR!!!!

ATTICA...ATTICA...ATTICA...!!!

Partner angry

Apr 20, 2009, 4:57 PM
Post #6 of 17 (4346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He attacks me far more than I've ever attacked him.

I think he deserves 100% of the shit he gets. Name another user who post so often about stuff he doesn't know anything about? That won't stop, no matter what?

The guy might mean well but he's nothing more than a menace. He hasn't added shit. The only meaningful benefit his existence has provided is the input the people who do know WTF they're talking about have to give to correct or clarify his misinformed and frequently dangerous ideas.

The only reason he's not on my killfile list is that he so frequently posts shit directly to me.

I'd be happy to climb with anyone on this site, I wouldn't even consider roping up with him, not for a 30ft sport route.

If this site lends legitimacy to his crap, it will even further damage the place.

You've got three options. Ban him, allow him to be flamed, or assign a mod to keep very close track of his posts and edit/delete at will.

Partner macherry

Apr 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #7 of 17 (4328 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

crap flinging is crap flinging. i'm not defending any attacks on majid, but majid has flung his fair share of poo.

i'm not about to become a net nanny and supervise any one user, but i will do my best to stop personal attacks on anyone.

jakedatc

Apr 20, 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #8 of 17 (4324 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Bring back Kodos.. that'll straighten Majid out real quick ;)

majid_sabet

May 28, 2009, 4:27 PM
Post #9 of 17 (4210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

angry wrote:
He attacks me far more than I've ever attacked him.

I think he deserves 100% of the shit he gets. Name another user who post so often about stuff he doesn't know anything about? That won't stop, no matter what?

The guy might mean well but he's nothing more than a menace. He hasn't added shit. The only meaningful benefit his existence has provided is the input the people who do know WTF they're talking about have to give to correct or clarify his misinformed and frequently dangerous ideas.

The only reason he's not on my killfile list is that he so frequently posts shit directly to me.

I'd be happy to climb with anyone on this site, I wouldn't even consider roping up with him, not for a 30ft sport route.

If this site lends legitimacy to his crap, it will even further damage the place.

You've got three options. Ban him, allow him to be flamed, or assign a mod to keep very close track of his posts and edit/delete at will.

Angry

You started personal attack on me first and now you are play the innocent girl who was attack by a man in the forest. Be a man and accept responsibility for what you have done .

Beside that, when I am log out of RC ,I do not carry any of this sh*t on my back and treat every one equal.

majid_sabet

May 28, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #10 of 17 (4209 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Dingus

But now I feel bad to see you been locked in their radar as an enemy of RC state.

That hardcore cop in the other side of ocean is going to take you down.

desertwanderer81

May 29, 2009, 9:15 PM
Post #11 of 17 (4162 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
crap flinging is crap flinging. i'm not defending any attacks on majid, but majid has flung his fair share of poo.

i'm not about to become a net nanny and supervise any one user, but i will do my best to stop personal attacks on anyone.

You mean like his repeated sexist comments like the one he made two posts up?

Partner macherry

May 29, 2009, 9:57 PM
Post #12 of 17 (4155 views)
Shortcut

Re: [desertwanderer81] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
macherry wrote:

You mean like his repeated sexist comments like the one he made two posts up?

yes, it doesn't help anyone's case.

Partner angry

May 31, 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #13 of 17 (4127 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I never said I was innocent.

I showed two failure modes to a trick you were touting as an effective solution to a bad situation. In reality, it's practically a death sentence.

It wasn't an attack, it was an effort to keep your BS from being taken serious.

Keep in mind Majid, I'll know who you are when I run into you, you'll have no idea who I am.

majid_sabet

Jun 1, 2009, 8:40 PM
Post #14 of 17 (4057 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I never said I was innocent.

I showed two failure modes to a trick you were touting as an effective solution to a bad situation. In reality, it's practically a death sentence.

It wasn't an attack, it was an effort to keep your BS from being taken serious.

Keep in mind Majid, I'll know who you are when I run into you, you'll have no idea who I am.

you showed how you failed in using your brain during SOL situations so may be you should stop reading and or follow advance solutions to complicated problems.

Partner philbox

Jun 1, 2009, 9:27 PM
Post #15 of 17 (4049 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is so full of ironing that I could nearly start a Chinese laundry.

tradrenn

Aug 13, 2009, 8:02 AM
Post #16 of 17 (3885 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:

Whatever, I don't care.

dingus wrote:

Why don't you take your own advice.
Recently I noticed that there is something wrong with you, now you covering his back. WTF dude ?

dingus wrote:

Post like an idiot and you will get attacked like an idiot should. That's always been the rule around here and you know about it.
You are getting too soft dude.

dingus wrote:

Do you want more or less moderation ?
Make up your mind already dude.

dingus wrote:

I now that the hubby is fucking some 20 something this day, but.........................

dingus wrote:

Dude, you need to see your shrink, like immediately, he never was and never will be one of us. He's a shit disturber.

dingus wrote:

Lets see:

Majid posts some idiotic/unsafe info
Gets flamed
You flame the flamer

Is that how you see it ?

V.

P.S. No matter what you say he will always be the biggest moron on this site.

dingus

Aug 13, 2009, 2:25 PM
Post #17 of 17 (3877 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradrenn] Suggestion - stop the personal attacks against Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You sure type a lot for someone who doesn't care. STFU. I don't like pussies who hide behind blanket parties and beat up on the nerd guy. Never have.

DMT

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook