Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Announcements:
Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Announcements

Premier Sponsor:

ddt

Jun 15, 2009, 4:39 PM
Post #1 of 10 (6130 views)
Shortcut

Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to announce the launch of some cool changes to our Gear Section:

The most obvious change is a new look. We've changed both the layout of the section and the colors. You may note:
  • The My Stuff box is no longer available on the left, but rather at the top right as a dropdown.
  • E-mail is no longer available on the main navigation bar - get to it from the My Stuff dropdown.
  • News is no longer available from the main navigation bar - get to it from the home page.
  • The colors have changed. You can play around with the color scheme and vote for your favorite by clicking the five colored boxes in the right of the main navigation bar.
As we gather your feedback we'll continue to "refresh" other sections of Rockclimbing.com over the coming weeks.
The next big change is the addition of comparative pricing information on our gear items. For a large number of items you can now compare current online prices at various leading online retailers and easily make your purchase through direct “buy now” links. Prices, items on sale, and discount coupons are updated on a daily basis so you can be sure that you’re getting the best deal. By using this functionality you will also help support Rockclimbing.com.

Note that this is work in progress. We’ve started the integration of pricing information for the core climbing products and will gradually expand to cover non-core products like clothing, hiking & camping etc.

Lastly, we've also reorganized the gear categories and added an archive for older or discontinued gear. You cannot browse the archive, but it is available through the search functionality.

So check things out and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Daniel

Carnage

Jun 15, 2009, 5:03 PM
Post #2 of 10 (6108 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

i've been saying this for a long time, but can you let us sort the gear by something other than item name? Sorty by rating or Manufacturer would be extremely useful when browsing for new gear.

ddt

Jun 15, 2009, 5:06 PM
Post #3 of 10 (6105 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Carnage] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Carnage wrote:
i've been saying this for a long time, but can you let us sort the gear by something other than item name? Sorty by rating or Manufacturer would be extremely useful when browsing for new gear.

I hear you. We're working on improving the search & sort functionality. Stay tuned.

DDT

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #4 of 10 (5920 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ddt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’m excited to announce the launch of some cool changes to our Gear Section:

The most obvious change is a new look. We've changed both the layout of the section and the colors. You may note:
  • The My Stuff box is no longer available on the left, but rather at the top right as a dropdown.
  • E-mail is no longer available on the main navigation bar - get to it from the My Stuff dropdown.
  • News is no longer available from the main navigation bar - get to it from the home page.
  • The colors have changed. You can play around with the color scheme and vote for your favorite by clicking the five colored boxes in the right of the main navigation bar.
As we gather your feedback we'll continue to "refresh" other sections of Rockclimbing.com over the coming weeks.
The next big change is the addition of comparative pricing information on our gear items. For a large number of items you can now compare current online prices at various leading online retailers and easily make your purchase through direct “buy now” links. Prices, items on sale, and discount coupons are updated on a daily basis so you can be sure that you’re getting the best deal. By using this functionality you will also help support Rockclimbing.com.

Note that this is work in progress. We’ve started the integration of pricing information for the core climbing products and will gradually expand to cover non-core products like clothing, hiking & camping etc.

Lastly, we've also reorganized the gear categories and added an archive for older or discontinued gear. You cannot browse the archive, but it is available through the search functionality.

So check things out and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Daniel

Can you make Rating / Reviews / Manufacturer / Best Price sortable with a click?

ddt

Jun 16, 2009, 1:00 PM
Post #5 of 10 (5906 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Can you make Rating / Reviews / Manufacturer / Best Price sortable with a click?

Possibly... we'll be beefing up the search and sort functions.

Partner rrrADAM

Jun 23, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #6 of 10 (5436 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish I had known this... I recently bought $989 worth of hold and T-Nuts.

I needed chips though, so I went ahead and bout the 40 pack through this feature.

ddt

Jun 24, 2009, 7:43 AM
Post #7 of 10 (5418 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
I needed chips though, so I went ahead and bout the 40 pack through this feature.

Right on! Wink

Partner rrrADAM

Jun 24, 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #8 of 10 (5403 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thing is, if you'd done this just weeks ago, or announced the ability to do this through the site, I'd have bought all my holds through it, as the suplier I bought them from is listed.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Jun 24, 2009, 12:37 PM)

ddt

Jun 24, 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #9 of 10 (5399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Introducing our new Gear section with comparative shopping! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
Thing is, if you'd done this just weeks ago, or announced the ability to do this through the site, I'd have bought all my holds through it, as the suplier I bought them from is listed.

I realize that... oh well. Unsure Thanks for your support.

Partner rrrADAM

Jun 24, 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #10 of 10 (5391 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No worries... I'm keenly aware of the costs associated with running this site, and will continue to do anything I can to help. Wink

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Jun 24, 2009, 12:59 PM)

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Announcements

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook