Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
What's the scene like at Coopers?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

chadplusplus

Jul 15, 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2738 views)
Shortcut

What's the scene like at Coopers?  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia: Bouldering: Morgantown_Region: Coopers_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As in, are the climbs crowded? If they are crowded, are y'all friendly and accommodating?

I came back to the area from Colorado for grad school promising myself I'd return. Alas, I am still here 8 years later.

Not knowing any other climbers and loathsome of trying to meet new people, I haven't climbed but once in about 6 years. But it seems that the absence has finally worn on me enough, I may venture back to Cooper's and flail miserably with my now fat body and weak arms - provided my social anxiety does not prevent me from venturing out.

Are you all welcoming to apparent noobs? Particularly, quiet, socially awkward noobs?

I live down in Bridgeport. Any other climbers in the Clarksburg/Bridgeport area?

karmiclimber

Jul 15, 2009, 9:44 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadplusplus] What's the scene like at Coopers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been there twice, so my experience is probably largely unhelpful for you, but I'm going to share it because I am bored and no one is replying. Both times I went it was not crowed. I ran into a friendly group once. I forget exactly what time of year I went last time but it was not unpleasant...I think it may have been July or August? Highly recommend it...lots of bouldering and the approach is pain free. When are you going?

chadplusplus

Jul 16, 2009, 5:37 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karmiclimber] What's the scene like at Coopers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was thinking about going this Saturday, but it seems other responsibilities may be creeping into my schedule. If I do go Saturday, it will probably be a last minute decision.

jman

Jul 16, 2009, 5:54 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my experience with strangers there have been good. i've though never gone there on my own, without a crew of folks, but have worked problems with people I have not known. my only suggestion would be to have a crash pad if you try to boulder with an unknown group.

andersjr

Jul 16, 2009, 6:45 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be there by myself this saturday and sunday. I have done this before, and never encountered problems.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook