Forums: Community: Campground:
What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

uhoh

Jul 22, 2009, 2:43 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1089 views)
Shortcut

What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Feeling a little better today after a shit-tacular day yesterday.

I got to hang out with my aunt and her boyfriend for a bit last night before my aunt left back for Florida which was cool. I don't get to see them often enough.

Afterward I rode off and played an epic game of chess, and won. But it was close at the end.

krillen

Jul 22, 2009, 2:53 PM
Post #2 of 16 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

morning all.

I'm a couple days away from have some much needed vacation. I've been feeling rather ragged as of late, too much to do and too little "free" time to do it in.

Played some guitar with a buddy last night which was fun, but frustrating at the same time. I'm stuck right now, not improving and not really moving anywhere. It's time ot mix up the routine a bit. I bought a new book on blues riffs/tricks so hopefully I can delve into that deep enough to get the juices going again.

XXL me, it's grey and miserable outside today.

uhoh

Jul 22, 2009, 3:04 PM
Post #3 of 16 (1083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:
morning all.

I'm a couple days away from have some much needed vacation. I've been feeling rather ragged as of late, too much to do and too little "free" time to do it in.

Played some guitar with a buddy last night which was fun, but frustrating at the same time. I'm stuck right now, not improving and not really moving anywhere. It's time ot mix up the routine a bit. I bought a new book on blues riffs/tricks so hopefully I can delve into that deep enough to get the juices going again.

XXL me, it's grey and miserable outside today.

Play some jazz. Or some Dragonforce.

(This post was edited by uhoh on Jul 22, 2009, 3:07 PM)

charley

Jul 22, 2009, 3:39 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1070 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yesterday there was enoutgh rain to get the rock wet. Wife and I went to lake erie and had a leisurely day of doing nothing. It was not a great beach day as it rained on the way up and drizzled as we were there. The sun shone a bit at times. We walked in the water and mostly sat and bs'ed with a friend. It is almost noon here and they have not come to pour the basement floor. They must be leary of the weather. It is sposed to rain more this afternoon. I just walked four miles and watched the finish of the tdf. Great leg of a great race.
Have a great day.

binrat

Jul 22, 2009, 3:55 PM
Post #5 of 16 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [charley] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning everybody,
Busy day so far, not enough time for goofing off and surfing the net. got to go.

binrat

the_climber

Jul 22, 2009, 4:08 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1055 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why can't life just stop being crazy for long enought to get grounded again? Crazy

I need a vacation, but I'll settle for coffee in untill then...

uhoh

Jul 22, 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1052 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
Why can't life just stop being crazy for long enought to get grounded again? Crazy

Ditto, mate. What's crazy now?

snoangel

Jul 22, 2009, 4:19 PM
Post #8 of 16 (1048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all!

Slept in a bit today so I'm not nearly as exhausted as I have been. Took a complete nO0b friend to the climbing gym last night and she was climbing 9's by the end of the night. She's definitely a natural. Taking her outside this weekend.

Hope everyone's day gets a little sunnier.

robbovius

Jul 22, 2009, 4:19 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1048 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:
morning all.

NO. if I may, Krillen, its time for you to forget bopoks, and rote learning, and concentrate on your ear. if you sticjk with theory and accepted patterns, you will only ever play in a 'rote" style, and find yourself stymied in advancement.

what you need to do now, is listen, and mimic. listen to songs you think have kewl improv, and do your best to mimic those. listen to music outside your favorite styles, and mimic that. PLAY ALOT. mimic what soudns good to your ear. that's essentially the methiod by which I learned how to do what ever improv technique I have - mimic what sounds kewl and play alot.

play along with albums, go to jams and just sit in. seriously. the time for rote learning is long past, you have to develop your ear, and be able to hear whats going on, forget the rote scales and modes, and play what sounds good to your ear.

seriously dude, NOBODY stresses the importance of developiong your ear as an essential part of improv. its really really important, almost more important than knowing theory.

think about it. Clapton didn't know any theory. Hendrix? nope. robert johnson? none. the list of really good theory-less improv artists is long
and impressive.

I'm not claiming to be among that list or anywhere close, but you've heard me play, right? I know barely any theory, really, everything I do as improv, is by ear.

(This post was edited by robbovius on Jul 22, 2009, 4:34 PM)

granite_grrl

Jul 22, 2009, 4:21 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Packing for my trip, got all the clothes I'll need laying out on the bed.....there's a lot Unsure. I also dug through my small shoe collection to dig out something I could wear with a skirt to a wedding. I felt really weird trying on heels to see if I could walk in them well enough to bother bringing.

Lunch time now. After lunch will be the gear packing, climbing and camping. I'm hoping that getting together my food and cooking stuff won't be a big deal, but I'll have to make a run to the grocery store.

bill413

Jul 22, 2009, 4:23 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1042 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Glad things sound better than yesterday.

Turned to programming this morning - doing it OK enough, but I'm not really in the groove.

the_climber

Jul 22, 2009, 4:30 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1037 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
the_climber wrote:

Nothing specific, just general crazyness to the point where it seems no matter what I do there is never enough time to get everything done, and I'm left leaving work at the regular time only to finish my running around and dealing with the madness in time to 'start' making dinner at 9:30pm or 10pm, only to never get enough sleep and do it all over the next day. So more or less life is getting in the way of living.

erisspirit

Jul 22, 2009, 4:53 PM
Post #13 of 16 (1023 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

more work today :( but at least the week is half done. having people over for some good eating and drinking Saturday... so I'm counting down the days

Partner macherry

Jul 22, 2009, 5:00 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

christ, i feel like a trucker...too much time in the car. just about to go back to the US. but, we are going camping tomorrow in oregon, day trip to portland woo hoo

Myxomatosis

Jul 22, 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #15 of 16 (991 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] What happened to online feature length Wednesday coffee thread posting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had my first Yoga class last night (organise through the climb gym)

Now I hurt in funny places...Sly

uhoh

Jul 23, 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #16 of 16 (987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
uhoh wrote:
the_climber wrote:

Nothing specific, just general crazyness to the point where it seems no matter what I do there is never enough time to get everything done, and I'm left leaving work at the regular time only to finish my running around and dealing with the madness in time to 'start' making dinner at 9:30pm or 10pm, only to never get enough sleep and do it all over the next day. So more or less life is getting in the way of living.

Kind of like drowning or suffocating in work?

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook