Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Aug 11, 2009, 8:01 PM
Post #26 of 92 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill413] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bill413 wrote:
macherry wrote:
rockreaver wrote:
A seriously stupid profile I had. It got banned. I've been rockreaver a long time.

I thought just by changing my profile pic that nobody would remember. Somebody did. So I'm back into obscurity.

I'm not a troll though. I'm just a normal guy that had a few days of bad judgment in which he gave his user/pass here to friends. They had too much fun.

Anyway, move along folks nothing to see here. I shouldn't have touched my profile picture. Pirate

are you serious?

you just outed yourself

Ah, but which one?

or three - why assume it's down to one? maybe the 4th guy got knockedvoted off?

Partner macherry

Aug 11, 2009, 8:06 PM
Post #27 of 92 (2001 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
bill413 wrote:
macherry wrote:
rockreaver wrote:
A seriously stupid profile I had. It got banned. I've been rockreaver a long time.

I thought just by changing my profile pic that nobody would remember. Somebody did. So I'm back into obscurity.

I'm not a troll though. I'm just a normal guy that had a few days of bad judgment in which he gave his user/pass here to friends. They had too much fun.

Anyway, move along folks nothing to see here. I shouldn't have touched my profile picture. Pirate

are you serious?

you just outed yourself

Ah, but which one?

i still think it's total bull shit that 3 other people used the account, especially the "non-climbers, who would NOT be interested in discussing climbing.........see original codefrog thread

wjca

Aug 11, 2009, 8:28 PM
Post #28 of 92 (1994 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
what you don't remember this train wreck..
http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Well, I'm certainly not going to read that whole damned thing. But I will tell you that I flipped to the last page to see how the story ends and damned if there ain't a picture of a naked tit on the top of the page that DMT posted up.

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 8:30 PM
Post #29 of 92 (1992 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay so let's just figure this out. What do you want? Me to leave? Fine. If that's going to make you sleep better then say it.

The rest of this is temporary insanity. Look at my posting here as rockreaver. What part of it is any different than what others do here?

You guys want some elitist hang out where you can gang up on people and act like demi-gods?

Can people not apologize?

I don't really care. I changed a profile picture to a new picture of me weighing 30 pounds less and now you are acting like I'm Ted Bundy or something.

What do you really want? What's the outcome you are after? If this is going to make life better for you then out with it.

Wow. I was hoping that after 150 posts as a normal human being I could just be myself.

What do you really want? If you want me to leave then just say it I'll go but the drama is...

Anyway...

macherry, sometimes people sit back and think about something that happened. Sometimes they think, "I should make it right." I'm sorry you think that's BS.

So now what? I can quit? Give the login to Dingus and 4 other people... What do you people want?

Gmburns2000

Aug 11, 2009, 8:31 PM
Post #30 of 92 (1990 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
bill413 wrote:
macherry wrote:
rockreaver wrote:

are you serious?

you just outed yourself

Ah, but which one?

i still think it's total bull shit that 3 other people used the account, especially the "non-climbers, who would NOT be interested in discussing climbing.........see original codefrog thread

yeah, yeah, I'm with you.

It just wouldn't be as fun to eliminate all the games now would it? Tongue

Gmburns2000

Aug 11, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #31 of 92 (1989 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

case in point? Laugh

rockreaver wrote:
Okay so let's just figure this out. What do you want? Me to leave? Fine. If that's going to make you sleep better then say it.

The rest of this is temporary insanity. Look at my posting here as rockreaver. What part of it is any different than what others do here?

You guys want some elitist hang out where you can gang up on people and act like demi-gods?

I don't really care. I changed a profile picture to a new picture of me weighing 30 pounds less and now you are acting like I'm Ted Bundy or something.

What do you really want? What's the outcome you are after? If this is going to make life better for you then out with it.

Wow. I was hoping that after 150 posts as a normal human being I could just be myself.

What do you really want? If you want me to leave then just say it I'll go but the drama is...

Anyway...

macherry, sometimes people sit back and think about something that happened. Sometimes they think, "I should make it right." I'm sorry you think that's BS.

So now what? I can quit? Give the login to Dingus and 4 other people... What do you people want?

Partner macherry

Aug 11, 2009, 8:55 PM
Post #32 of 92 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockreaver] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:

Anyway...

so, are you going to sack up and admit it was you as codefrog and not 4 other people using your account?

and what about your account as wayfarer

(This post was edited by macherry on Aug 11, 2009, 9:02 PM)

qwert

Aug 11, 2009, 9:02 PM
Post #33 of 92 (1978 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is going to get interesting. To bad that i live in another time zone and now really need some sleep.

qwert

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 9:50 PM
Post #34 of 92 (1971 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nope that's true. I swear on all things holy that's true. 4 guys I write software and have known for 9 years. They are beer drinking trolls and vikings and I swear to GAWED they collaborated on every post. I never in my life thought I'd be back here but this is a great place and my kids are into climbing a lot.

Those 4 vikings are devious and they plotted to be me and I'm not shitting you at all. I swear. They know me well. I'm extremely verbose and I say too damned much. They made sure to be the same. I swear.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Aug 11, 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #35 of 92 (1966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockreaver] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gotta first point out the total irony of the thread title.

Second rr, how many of the posts did you read after the banz? Did you make it thru to LL?

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #36 of 92 (1961 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't read anything.

I just feel like an idiot for all of it. Totally backfired on me as it turned out to be a site I enjoy. So yeah ironic.

Partner macherry

Aug 11, 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #37 of 92 (1954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:
I haven't read anything.

I just feel like an idiot for all of it. Totally backfired on me as it turned out to be a site I enjoy. So yeah ironic.

so, you've ditched the wayfarer account?

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #38 of 92 (1952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah if it can be deleted do it. I haven't used it in forever.

bill413

Aug 11, 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #39 of 92 (1950 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:
Nope that's true. I swear on all things holy that's true. 4 guys I write software and have known for 9 years. They are beer drinking trolls and vikings and I swear to GAWED they collaborated on every post. I never in my life thought I'd be back here but this is a great place and my kids are into climbing a lot.

Those 4 vikings are devious and they plotted to be me and I'm not shitting you at all. I swear. They know me well. I'm extremely verbose and I say too damned much. They made sure to be the same. I swear.

So, you work in the IT industry and you gave your account to others?
Man, post that on your Facebook account so that your employers can declassify you.

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #40 of 92 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill413] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No it was meant to be a "go have fun" type of thing. These are 4 guys I know as well as I know anyone. I'm self-employed and I know my stuff way well.

I was a senior engineer for Micron Technology and wrote their backlog management system for memory modules and wafers. I wrote the Wildlife Management System for Idaho Fish & Game. I wrote the archived license lookup system for Idaho Fish & Game.

When it comes to source code I'm really good. I just got annoyed and on an impulse gave the account away. Then it got worse and worse. I followed it for a bit and then just kind of got really ashamed. So I tried to come back as wayfarer but somebody spotted that in no time flat and I was on the defensive so I gave up.

I registered rockreaver but I didn't post for a very long time (or I think that's right... that was the plan). Then I just tried to be very vanilla. I had real questions I wanted help with and I knew there were good people here. Some of them whom I won't mention have been cool since day one and each time I morphed I told them that I was agent X or Y or Z and they were like "okay".

I have been paid very well to catch hackers. I've programmed CISCO IOS for firewalls. I've done it all and I'm pretty good. I'm pretty burned out on life though keeping a kid alive and the debt has me really fried. All I want to do is climb. That means I hang out here and I read, and read and read and read and read.

Then I add a picture and my whole world goes right to hell. Oh well. You get what you earn and I earned what I'm getting.

Partner macherry

Aug 11, 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #41 of 92 (1943 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:
No it was meant to be a "go have fun" type of thing. These are 4 guys I know as well as I know anyone. I'm self-employed and I know my stuff way well.

I was a senior engineer for Micron Technology and wrote their backlog management system for memory modules and wafers. I wrote the Wildlife Management System for Idaho Fish & Game. I wrote the archived license lookup system for Idaho Fish & Game.

When it comes to source code I'm really good. I just got annoyed and on an impulse gave the account away. Then it got worse and worse. I followed it for a bit and then just kind of got really ashamed. So I tried to come back as wayfarer but somebody spotted that in no time flat and I was on the defensive so I gave up.

I registered rockreaver but I didn't post for a very long time (or I think that's right... that was the plan). Then I just tried to be very vanilla. I had real questions I wanted help with and I knew there were good people here. Some of them whom I won't mention have been cool since day one and each time I morphed I told them that I was agent X or Y or Z and they were like "okay".

I have been paid very well to catch hackers. I've programmed CISCO IOS for firewalls. I've done it all and I'm pretty good. I'm pretty burned out on life though keeping a kid alive and the debt has me really fried. All I want to do is climb. That means I hang out here and I read, and read and read and read and read.

Then I add a picture and my whole world goes right to hell. Oh well. You get what you earn and I earned what I'm getting.

so you set up a troll account and invite others to mess around with it? nice asshat move. its hard to keep your story straight, i thought they broke into the account.

so we should respect you and your posts?

clausti

Aug 11, 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #42 of 92 (1940 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:

funny how this sounds exactly like the 'i'm an ex-seal, fuck all you guys you don't understand me' bit.

also funny how quickly cf/wf/rr goes defensively crazytits, when the only thing that happened was that gmburns- good spot, btw- was like "huh, you look just like codefrog." the response could have been "that's weird, who is that guy?" but instead it was "my whole world goes right to hell."

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #43 of 92 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A few days ago I signed in as codefrog and was still banned but I forgot so I thought that I had finally irritated the hell out of BlondGecko and maybe he banned me. So then I signed in as Wayfarer to see if it would work and it did work. When I say work what I mean is that there were buttons to reply and stuff. For codefrog I cannot view forums at all so posting is definitely out. Wayfarer can do everything but aside from signing in I haven't used it and neither has Dingus.

In hind-sight I think that banning or deleting wayfarer is good and keeping codefrog banned is good too. There's just too much drama there. I wanted BlondGecko to unban it so I could apologize with it and that's all.

I intended to stay RockReaver forever because I was or seemed to be building a presence here that had credibility that was starting to come together.

I am still blown away that he recognized me. The pictures are so different. Man!

So at this point I'll accept whatever judgement you want to pass. But RockReaver is the real deal. I'm not hear to jack people around. Not at all.

- Delete wayfarer and codefrog though if you would like. I don't think I'll use them ever. I just like being RockReaver. An okay 5.9, wobbly 5.10 and shitty everything else climber with 3 kids and a great wife. That's all I want to be. I'm not some SEAL (that was absurd) and I'm not some military pony-boy either. Just a vanilla dude.

I think what sets me apart is that I've lost 100 pounds and managed to hold a family together after having a child nearly die a lot over 3 years, losing a job and losing a house. Nothing really special there but those are the only things I've accomplished in life. Not a lot but it's at least stuff to be happy about. When I lead my first 5.10 climb I'm going to be happy as hell. Then I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere.

See here I am *verbose* as hell. I can type really, really fast. Not that it's a bragging point.

So anyway I just want to be a normal joe. Trying to do his part and climb.

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #44 of 92 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
so you set up a troll account and invite others to mess around with it? nice asshat move. its hard to keep your story straight, i thought they broke into the account.

so we should respect you and your posts?
I never said anyone broke into anything (I don't think.) and I didn't set up Wayfarer to just give it to Dingus. I was trying but blew it and I thought... Crap. Maybe if Dingus plays around it'll lighten the mood and this will blow over. It didn't at all. So I stopped after that.

Respecting my posts. I'm not going to sit here and ask you to respect anything. I guess each of you have to decide what you want to do. But the real me (rockreaver) never once made a post that wasn't sincere. Never.

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #45 of 92 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
funny how this sounds exactly like the 'i'm an ex-seal, fuck all you guys you don't understand me' bit.

also funny how quickly cf/wf/rr goes defensively crazytits, when the only thing that happened was that gmburns- good spot, btw- was like "huh, you look just like codefrog." the response could have been "that's weird, who is that guy?" but instead it was "my whole world goes right to hell."

I thought I came across pretty honest but whatever. I'm at the point where this isn't really about me anymore. You guys know who I am.

Shouldn't I be a little frustrated? 150+ posts over a few months and being largely accepted by the norms. Then I add a profile picture and now I'm right back to where I was.

I don't know. Seems like that would get a few people kind of frustrated.

Well anyway... 3 months give or take... yeah a little frustrated.

Partner dominic7

Aug 11, 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #46 of 92 (1932 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:
You know... my first time here didn't go so well. I got really frustrated.

This time around I'm actually not getting stupid and agitated.

So if people can let someone start over then I'd like that. If not then well... I don't know.

I like to climb. The people here are great people and I messed up. I want to make a lot of excuses and say this or that but that would be kind of lame wouldn't it.

As rockreaver I'm myself. As codefrog 4 people had the ability to sign in as him and they did. I've tried to get codefrog unbanned because I think that a person should be able to say "I messed up. Sorry about that." and start over.

A few people here have known all along who rockreaver was and it hasn't really bothered them. I debated loading that picture but then I thought about more and realized that if you have to live a lie to be accepted by people then it ain't worth it.

Codefrog is still banned. I'm the only person who is/was rockreaver and I'm not giving that sign-in to anyone.

Codefrog was a guy from france, a guy from India and 2 guys from Australia. Rockreaver is just me.

I just want to climb, learn, be humble and not have to duck or hide my face.

So is that okay?

{EDIT} Your comments are a bit depressing though. I've lost 30 pounds between photos and you didn't notice. I'm not in the Navy. I'm not a SEAL. I'm not any of that military stuff either. I have some friends who are and that's about it. When I gave up the profile information the 4 guys decided to be 4 faces and it rolled from there. BLONDGECKO stopped it all and I think I took a bit of time off here. Now I'm back. {/EDIT}

It's all good!

clausti

Aug 11, 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #47 of 92 (1927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockreaver wrote:
clausti wrote:

I thought I came across pretty honest but whatever. I'm at the point where this isn't really about me anymore. You guys know who I am.

Shouldn't I be a little frustrated? 150+ posts over a few months and being largely accepted by the norms. Then I add a profile picture and now I'm right back to where I was.

I don't know. Seems like that would get a few people kind of frustrated.

Well anyway... 3 months give or take... yeah a little frustrated.

no one else would have noticed. i sure as hell would never have noticed, and i stalked codefrog enough to have seen more pictures than just the one you had up here. and even now, nobody cares. but if you keep posting walls of text in response to any old thing, people are going to be amused and keep poking you.

rockreaver

Aug 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #48 of 92 (1924 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's why I was scared as hell to even post as rockreaver. I type too fast and say too much.

I really did something stupid. My parents call it a life's lesson.

I feel pretty stupid though. I'll say that. You definitely intimidated me. Especially when you appeared in the thread where Camhead just about pulled lena through the first bolt on that one climb. I turned tail and ran. I never came back.

blondgecko

Aug 11, 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #49 of 92 (1921 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geez, man - couldn't you have picked another thread to get caught out in? I liked this one!

rockreaver

Aug 12, 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #50 of 92 (1919 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] Thousands of virologists are kicking themselves right now [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Umm yeah. Next time I'll be more careful.Crazy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook