Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
What, Pray Tell, is the logic behind the "Next" arrow in Photos?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner camhead

Aug 23, 2009, 1:36 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1120 views)
Shortcut

What, Pray Tell, is the logic behind the "Next" arrow in Photos?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As far as I can tell, it moves you to the next photo in the picture's "category," but beyond that, I am not sure what the logic is.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the "next" arrow go to another photo by that user (as in facebook photos), or alternately, to the next photo of the actual route (as on mountainproject)?

I understand that the latter suggestion may not work all the time, since not all photos are linked to routes, but I do not think that the current system really makes that much sense. I don't think that browsers of photos on here would be just looking for random "bouldering" or "trad" pics all that often.

ddt

Aug 24, 2009, 8:54 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] What, Pray Tell, is the logic behind the "Next" arrow in Photos? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yes, I understand and agree. The current system of going to the previous or next (newer or older) photo in the category has its limitations. This would make sense for someone browsing the category, but not otherwise, for example when looking at photos of an area, of by a particular user. Unfortunately it will take quite a bit of work to enhance the current functionality and it's not something we're planning on doing in the immediate future.

DDT

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook