RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

liz0531

Sep 2, 2009, 4:57 AM
Post #1 of 5 (744 views)
Shortcut

Back in N TX
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have been a gypsy for a little while and am back in North Texas, where I don't know a soul who climbs. Looking for m/f climbing buddies. I live in Arlington and would like to climb regularly in one of the local gyms, but also think about/plan on trips for outdoor stuff. I'm a 32 year old female, been climbing for a couple of years, have had a several month hiatus and will thus need to get my hand strength back in order, but shouldn't take too long :-)

shimmer

Sep 5, 2009, 4:45 PM
Post #2 of 5 (729 views)
Shortcut

Re: [liz0531] Back in N TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hit Dyno-Rock later in the evening on Monday and Wednesday nights, most Fridays too. There's a group of regs who come in and climb.

Aardvark

Sep 15, 2009, 6:38 PM
Post #3 of 5 (704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Two groups you might want to look into:
Texas Mountaineers, outdoor trad climbing in OK and TX
Addison Rock Climbing meetup group for regularly scheduled gym get-togethers at Summit and Exposure

Try Googling either. Good Luck!

diver420

Sep 21, 2009, 5:52 AM
Post #4 of 5 (685 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The gypsy life is always fun. I climb at Exposure, the local gym in Addison at least 3 days a week. I am currently trying to set up a trip for some sport routes as well. Im also interested in trying out some of the other gyms around town. E-mail me at Tdskeen@yahoo.com if you are looking for a work out.

psecody

Oct 10, 2009, 1:40 AM
Post #5 of 5 (635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [diver420] Back in N TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Arlington too, just moved up there. I'm not really a fan of dyno rock mainly because the bouldering isn't that great. I've been going to UTA's climbing wall because its free for me ($5 for non students) its pretty small and the routes aren't that great but I'm just trying to get back into shape because I plan on participating in ABS comps this year. If you get a chance (and bouldering is your thing) check out Dallas Rocks its my absolute favorite gym that I've been to. Some of the routes they set up for the comp that was there Oct. 3 are so cool. I also go to Mineral Wells State Park quite a bit, though not as much since I've moved up to Arlington.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook