RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

bumblesbounce

Dec 3, 2002, 4:08 PM
Post #1 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Online Medical Help...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Injuries & Accidents forum is not for you to sit here and exepect to get out of seeing a doctor, paying a high doctor's bill, braced and casted all up! This is share your experinces of injuries and mistakes so others don't make the same mistake! Not for you to sit here and by like MY FINGER! MY FINGER! I think I broke my finger! Sorry to hear that but go see a doctor!

Sorry I started a new topic but I'm sick of people sitting here and asking us to be doctors when they should go see a doctor.

*No, you don't see me sitting here complaining I broke myself*

[ This Message was edited by: bumblesbounce on 2002-12-05 16:59 ]

boulderingmadman

Dec 3, 2002, 4:42 PM
Post #2 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Online Medical Help... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, bumblesbounce, i dont know about you, but i HATE paying the outrageous prices to go see a doctor when its not absolutely necessary. ive had enough injuries through the course of my 30 years to know my own body and to know when i need medical attention, but not everyone has. sometimes its nice to get a second opinion, first. and NOT have to pay for it. thats the beauty of the internet. someone can ask a question and others can answer...or not, as they see fit.

so if you dont like to see these kinds of posts, and your standard answer is "go see a doctor", thank you. we all have your opinion. now back off and let people ask their questions....to my knowledge there is no crime or "unwritten rule" regulating these types of discussions...

ps--is anyone ELSE getting super sick and tired of all these lame assholes coming on here and telling everyone else how they SHOULD be posting? what questions ARE worthy of asking?? you all need to learn how to ignore s--- you dont like...

bumblesbounce

Dec 3, 2002, 5:11 PM
Post #3 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interent answers are not always safe! There are probably very few orthopedics/EMT - Paramedic level MDs here! And I'm sure there not going to sit here and write up a diagnois for free! And if you know you're self so well than go out by yourself with your insurance card and take care of yourself! Don't think that I don't know how expensize doctors can be! I know the cost of meds for example the meds I take are $113, $87, and $96 without insurance! I have knee braces that 600 or more dollars! But I don't complain! But now that I work at Burger King (OMG, I have job!) my mommy says I have to pay for some of my medical bills if I'm going to keep screwing my knee... AND I STILL DON'T CARE! (LOL, I care about my knee, but not about the money)

boulderingmadman

Dec 3, 2002, 5:24 PM
Post #4 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you missecd the point as badly as a blind archer-- here, try again....

people that aske medical opinions over the internet are quite aware of the fact that the people providing the answers are not doctors and nurses. what they want is an opinion. has anyone had this happenm to them? has anyone felt this before? what do you think this is? and lastly, do you think i should see a doctor about this?

its not asking for anm informed medical opinion that will ultimately render needless the advice of a doctor. its asking poeple that may have had the same problems what happened for them. thats what the inte5rnet is about...the FREE exchange of ideas and opinions...

internet opinions are not always safe...youre right. but its ok for total bumble-f--- newbies to give bad advice about gear and climbing safely?? youre a little upset over the search for an opinion...no?

ps--you cry an awful lot about random things for someone who "doesnt bitch about it"...trying for martyrdom??

lostangel

Dec 3, 2002, 5:45 PM
Post #5 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bumblesbounce,
Although internet awnsers can be incorrect and unaccurate, you are recieving opinions of many people and most importantly many experienced people who have probably experience whatever that person is going through. I'm glad you have a job at Burger King and most the people here work too and you may acually be surprised at how much some of them know about medical problems with either their experience or training. I Dont see any reason why your "complaining" about it.

bumblesbounce

Dec 3, 2002, 11:39 PM
Post #6 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Must I say you people don't know who I am? I don't ask for others thoughts of what to do, that is because everyone heals at different rates and in different ways... like I find the best way to 'get back' to sports is just take it all at once not 'take it slowy' now if someone goes out and attempts what I did just because I said I did it, means I'll legally liable for my words. Which means I can be sued and forced to pay all medical bills. This forum is for say I did this wrong and I got hurt this way, so don't do it. Not, this part of my body hurts or I did this to this what should I do?

funtimes

Dec 4, 2002, 12:50 AM
Post #7 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Medicine is as much an art as it is a science, be cautious of all medical advice even from doctors, everyone makes mistakes, if the advice doesn't sound right get a second opinion, or third.

climb safe

Abel.

bumblesbounce

Dec 4, 2002, 3:01 AM
Post #8 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I back ya up funtimes... doctors ain't always right... orthopedic appoinment tommrow! So I can kill him the balls when he says surgey time! Just Kidding!

Partner missedyno

Dec 4, 2002, 3:18 AM
Post #9 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if it's serious, see a doctor. alot of common climbing pain can be healed by taking care of oneself, and resting.

any time i've gone to see my doctor (free healthcare) he's misdiagnosed anything and recommended physiotherapy (expensive).

he misdiagnosed my tennis elbow 3 times as something else. i read a few threads here with matching symptoms and took the proper measures.

doesn't hurt to ask. don't like the topics? don't read 'em.

bumblesbounce

Dec 4, 2002, 3:27 AM
Post #10 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*Fawn asks do I need to see a doctor if I gots a papercut?

LOL - Just kidding, don't mean to sound harsh but just don't be like you know LIKE THAT! LOL! Now, just to figure out how to get outta that orthopedic appointment...

spydermonkey

Dec 4, 2002, 5:37 AM
Post #11 of 11 (2728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As soon as I finish my EMT training I'll help all I can.

spyder

I like to help people. And I'll research it for yah.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook