Forums: Climbing Information: Beginners:
You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

pfwein

Sep 29, 2009, 5:55 PM
Post #76 of 182 (3290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
. . .

"DO IT! JUST DO IT MAN! DON'T BE A PUSSY!"

Guy encouragement. We guys react well to such encouragement, oddly enough.

And not oddly, when you think about it, women don't always respond to the challenge of being called (or thought of as) a pussy.

"DON'T BE A PUSSY!" isn't going to provoke a guy-like response from the majority of women.

Yall think on that a spell.

Had that been a guy on the end of the rope I certainly would have been empathetic but my repsonses would have been vastly different.

I would have guy-encouraged a guy out there. Completely different response.

But having tried some guy-encouragement on my own kids I know all to well that most often it only makes a situation WORSE. . . .

DMT

I'm sure you are a cool guy in real life but I could probably do without your "guy encouragement," as could most of the guys I know.

Sure, every now and then you need to encourage people to "step up" in some form or other, but I've found the best way to do that is with calmness and positive rather than negative tactics, although the encouragement may need to get progressively firmer until desired results are achieved.

Interesting that many posters on this thread seem to have some sort of genital fixation (references to cock punching, calling people "pussies," bed wetting).

Partner camhead

Sep 29, 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #77 of 182 (3284 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pfwein] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:
dingus wrote:
. . .

And not oddly, when you think about it, women don't always respond to the challenge of being called (or thought of as) a pussy.

"DON'T BE A PUSSY!" isn't going to provoke a guy-like response from the majority of women.

Had that been a guy on the end of the rope I certainly would have been empathetic but my repsonses would have been vastly different.

But having tried some guy-encouragement on my own kids I know all to well that most often it only makes a situation WORSE. . . .

DMT

I'm sure you are a cool guy in real life but I could probably do without your "guy encouragement," as could most of the guys I know.

Sure, every now and then you need to encourage people to "step up" in some form or other, but I've found the best way to do that is with calmness and positive rather than negative tactics, although the encouragement may need to get progressively firmer until desired results are achieved.

Interesting that many posters on this thread seem to have some sort of genital fixation (references to cock punching, calling people "pussies," bed wetting).

please shoot yourself in the face. I am going to PM the admin here and have your username changed to "wet blanket."

pfwein

Sep 29, 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #78 of 182 (3277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
pfwein wrote:
dingus wrote:
. . .

DMT

please shoot yourself in the face. I am going to PM the admin here and have your username changed to "wet blanket."

Sounds like you got a bit of an Internet-tough-guy shtick going on. Trying to compensate for something in real life? Problems sexual or climbing related, or both? You don't have to respond, but good luck sorting out your problem(s).

Edvin

Sep 29, 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #79 of 182 (3275 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Sometimes I oon't know if I love or hate this site...

Fuck it, I'm definately in love Cool

(This post was edited by Edvin on Sep 29, 2009, 6:12 PM)

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 6:08 PM
Post #80 of 182 (3270 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pfwein] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:

SHUT UP AND CLIMB YA PUSSY!

DMT

Partner camhead

Sep 29, 2009, 6:09 PM
Post #81 of 182 (3265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
pfwein wrote:

SHUT UP AND CLIMB YA PUSSY, AFTER YOU'VE SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE!

DMT

fixed that for you.

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 6:17 PM
Post #82 of 182 (3259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah I'm sure pftweine is A-ok. I'm searching for the word and can't put my fingers on it. You describe it well - wet blanket. It uses (cannot determine sex of poster, pfweird huh?) It uses the wet blanket as a weapon of shame. hehe. But we HAVE NO SHAME.

What is the word I'm looking for?

DMT

ladyscarlett

Sep 29, 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #83 of 182 (3253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet, haven't seen this much fun in the beginner's wading pool for a while!

Just a few choice comments.

Personally, it's not the cock-punching that's the funny part, it's the facial expression and that funny sound he makes after the fact. Not that I'm going to be randomly cock punching anyone for the laughs (too weak...), but I DO find it chuckle worthy. That being said, I'm the partner who laughs when my buddys' package gets caught in the leg loop of his harness. I'm a girlie girl...sometimes I can't help myself!

Scrotum...it IS funny, but I'd rather be a pussy than a scrotum! At least a pussy can grow up and become a cougar. Scrotums...just lie there. Just putting out my personal preference. But the best encouragement I've had so far - "Don't be a WIMP...you're a CLIMBER, aren't you?!" Probably classified in the "guy encouragement" category. For the record, this doesn't mean I'm a guy - just different grips for different holds.

And also.

chadnsc wrote:
Dingus you're old enough to be her grandfather. . . .Crazy

Damn, and here I was thinking that he meant I was his type of CLIMBER...you've just dirtied my oh so innocent mind! What am I going to do now?!

Guess I'll go climb something...

cheers

LS

ps...Asians can be Very Deceiving when it comes to showing our age. Assume at your own risk!

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 6:36 PM
Post #84 of 182 (3245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ladyscarlett] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just remember LS... grandpaps here can CLIMB,

You know where Sonora Pass is... the invitation to climb is hereby tendered.

DMT

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 6:37 PM
Post #85 of 182 (3243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And I would never be so crass as to assume your age.

DMT

wjca

Sep 29, 2009, 6:44 PM
Post #86 of 182 (3238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
wjca wrote:
I've never had someone panic on the rock, however. The closest I've gotten to that is myself getting a bit gripped on a 5.7 second pitch traverse at Seneca. The first couple of moves off the belay are a bit dodgy and it had rained the day before. I slipped after one or two steps and after cleaning the first piece of gear. With the rope stretch I dropped 20 feet and was looking at glass-smooth rock with no features at all. I had to jumar up the rope, while hanging 100 feet off the ground. Not a fun way to the finish the climb.

Pleasant Overhangs?

That'd be the one.

chadnsc

Sep 29, 2009, 6:48 PM
Post #87 of 182 (3228 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ladyscarlett] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ladyscarlett wrote:
Damn, and here I was thinking that he meant I was his type of CLIMBER...you've just dirtied my oh so innocent mind! What am I going to do now?!

If you have to ask then you're not experienced enough for Dingus or myself to safely answer your question. Wink

Seriously, the answer we'd give would warp your mind.

chadnsc

Sep 29, 2009, 7:07 PM
Post #88 of 182 (3213 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:
Sounds like you got a bit of an Internet-tough-guy shtick going on. Trying to compensate for something in real life? Problems sexual or climbing related, or both? You don't have to respond, but good luck sorting out your problem(s).

Pfft. Unsure

Big words from a guy who cowers behind an anonymous online account. You’re one of those guys who proclaim his disdain for any type of violence only because you’re too scared to stand up for yourself in person aren’t you.

Yeah that’s what I thought . . .

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 7:08 PM
Post #89 of 182 (3213 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LS notice how he went from ME to WE really fast lol.

I am NOT a mind-warper.... lol.

DMT

chadnsc

Sep 29, 2009, 7:10 PM
Post #90 of 182 (3212 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well she did quote me and ask what she was supposed to do now . . .

I'd figured I'd throw you a bone and include you sinse you're gettin' on in years. Tongue

dingus

Sep 29, 2009, 7:18 PM
Post #91 of 182 (3204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uh... hold on a minute for a word from my sponsor...

now back to your regularly scheduled thread

Thanks kid!

DMT

notapplicable

Sep 29, 2009, 7:43 PM
Post #92 of 182 (3183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] You're leading, the 2nd of the party ahead has a panic attack... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
wjca wrote:
I've never had someone panic on the rock, however. The closest I've gotten to that is myself getting a bit gripped on a 5.7 second pitch traverse at Seneca. The first couple of moves off the belay are a bit dodgy and it had rained the day before. I slipped after one or two steps and after cleaning the first piece of gear. With the rope stretch I dropped 20 feet and was looking at glass-smooth rock with no features at all. I had to jumar up the rope, while hanging 100 feet off the ground. Not a fun way to the finish the climb.

Pleasant Overhangs?

That'd be the one.

Yeah that section is right tenuous. I'm planning on doing the seneca traverse which requires downclimbing that pitch on lead. Should be interesting.

ladyscarlett

Sep 29, 2009, 7:43 PM
Post #93 of 182 (3182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dingus, you're welcome to say out of the mind warping, but I have to say...it's fun!

As long as two out of the three of us can still enjoy warping minds, I'm in!

Chadnsc, warp on!

heh

ls

pfwein

Sep 29, 2009, 7:46 PM
Post #94 of 182 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like I hit a little close to home?

How's your climbing coming along?

I don't think anything I write would change your mind about violence, so you just keep on kicking ass with your bad self or whatever it is you do (or fantasize about).

Live your dreams, rockstar!

chadnsc

Sep 29, 2009, 7:52 PM
Post #95 of 182 (3170 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:

I don't think anything I write would change your mind about violence, so you just keep on kicking ass with your bad self or whatever it is you do (or fantasize about).

Oh my climbing's coming along just great! I was a little concerned that being shot by that would be car-jacker would slow me down a great deal but I just on-sighted my first 11a so I'm feeling pretty good Oh wait that was a factious question? Ahhh I get it.

Hmm the more we correspond the more I realize that your criticisms are actually your own insecurities manifesting themselves.

Ah, never mind wee man, you have no idea. . .

(This post was edited by chadnsc on Sep 29, 2009, 7:58 PM)

chadnsc

Sep 29, 2009, 8:00 PM
Post #96 of 182 (3159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ladyscarlett wrote:
Chadnsc, warp on!

heh

ls

You know I've only had three other women tell me to do that . . . Tongue

pfwein

Sep 29, 2009, 8:02 PM
Post #97 of 182 (3158 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
pfwein wrote:

You have no idea wee man . . .

Wrong as usual, I took the 5 seconds to click on your profile. It's how I know you pretty much suck as a climber. (And I just put "pretty much" to be polite.)

How'd you blow the onsight on the wicked 5.8 you finally redpointed?

Partner camhead

Sep 29, 2009, 8:11 PM
Post #98 of 182 (3151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
pfwein wrote:

Wrong as usual, I took the 5 seconds to click on your profile. It's how I know you pretty much suck as a climber. (And I just put "pretty much" to be polite.)

dude, making fun of chad for being fat and weke is SO last year. Try to keep up, or I'll have to make another joke about violence.

gmggg

Sep 29, 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #99 of 182 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pfwein wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
pfwein wrote:

Interesting how a little physical tomfoolery is outlandish, but you attempt a bit of light emotional violence. Have you never fallen/failed on a 5.8? If not, then you haven't climbed much.

pfwein

Sep 29, 2009, 8:20 PM
Post #100 of 182 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
pfwein wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
pfwein wrote:

dude, making fun of chad for being fat and weke is SO last year. Try to keep up, or I'll have to make another joke about violence.

How fat and weke is he? I got the impression that is like a UFC contender or Navy SEAL or something from his posts.

I'm guessing he's a mega-buffed, man-killer (I'm thinking of the antagonist in Rocky IV or something) who just isn't a very good climber?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook