RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

falke

Oct 1, 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1689 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Log without reviews
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It would be excellent to (1) be able to update, add to, and maintain the user climbing log without having to review the route (adding a "add new" ability). And (2) make the climbing log exportable to users (simple excel spreadsheet export maybe?). Thanks. The site kicks ass!

ddt

Oct 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Re: [falke] Climbing Log without reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

falke wrote:
It would be excellent to (1) be able to update, add to, and maintain the user climbing log without having to review the route (adding a "add new" ability).

Are you referring to the fact that the "overall rating" is a required field? So basically you're asking that this field should not be required? Or do you mean something different?

In reply to:
And (2) make the climbing log exportable to users (simple excel spreadsheet export maybe?). Thanks. The site kicks ass!

I agree, however this is not currently in the works. It's something we can consider down the line.

DDT

falke

Oct 5, 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Climbing Log without reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks DDT: Its not the required fields themselves, but the difficult method by which climbs are added to the climbing log which I would love to see improved. I see the edit and delete buttons on my climbing log, but most of all I wish there was a "add new" button too... which would allow me to easily add routes I've done without have to go through the review process.

A lot of reviews (I've noticed) are fake anyhow. Some people just type "asdf" or something into the required fields, because they want to add the climb to their climbing log, but not necessarily have any review to add for the climb.

TradEddie

Oct 6, 2009, 1:56 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [falke] Climbing Log without reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most people would see "Climbing Log" and "Route Review" as different things, but when we click "Record an ascent", we get to a page called "Write a review". A climbing log might consist of the date, ascent type, and perhaps a star rating, but having to add "Ascent Header" and "Ascent Notes" means that most people add trivial comments just to have something in the required fields.
Save yourselves some server space, make these optional?

TE

tradrenn

Oct 6, 2009, 3:17 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TradEddie] Climbing Log without reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

TradEddie wrote:
Save yourselves some server space, make these optional

Seconded 100%

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook