RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

billcoe_

Oct 4, 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1379 views)
Shortcut

Either the skunk leaves or I do!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yesterday when I got back from climbing, I popped into this site and had one of the most annoying experiences ever. A detergent ad with a skunk on the label popped on top of the site, blotting out all the forums on the spot it was hovering, and then proceeded to move around my screen. I tried to click out to go to Cascadeclimbers.com and Supertopo, but exhausted and wanting noting to do but quietly surf then hit the bed, I was forced to wait some time for the skunk slowly do a full swirl around my viewing space so I wouldn't and couldn't miss it. Eventually I saw a small close button which when I clicked it, forced the skunk ad to retire to the right hand side of the main forum page. I was then, and only then, able to use my mouse to leave the site.

If this starts happening regularly I will not be a user of this site. Either the skunk (and that kind of schlock advertisement) goes or I do.

Don't start pointing guns at our heads and forcing us to watch various schlock ads or soon you won't have anyone to watch them.

ha ha - still a classic magazine cover.

climbs4fun

Oct 4, 2009, 4:43 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1377 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Either the skunk leaves or I do! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
Yesterday when I got back from climbing, I popped into this site and had one of the most annoying experiences ever. A detergent ad with a skunk on the label popped on top of the site, blotting out all the forums on the spot it was hovering, and then proceeded to move around my screen. I tried to click out to go to Cascadeclimbers.com and Supertopo, but exhausted and wanting noting to do but quietly surf then hit the bed, I was forced to wait some time for the skunk slowly do a full swirl around my viewing space so I wouldn't and couldn't miss it. Eventually I saw a small close button which when I clicked it, forced the skunk ad to retire to the right hand side of the main forum page. I was then, and only then, able to use my mouse to leave the site.

If this starts happening regularly I will not be a user of this site. Either the skunk (and that kind of schlock advertisement) goes or I do.

Don't start pointing guns at our heads and forcing us to watch various schlock ads or soon you won't have anyone to watch them.

ha ha - still a classic magazine cover.

Agreed, these kinds of over the top in your face kind of ads are really NOT welcome.

psmarais

Oct 5, 2009, 7:46 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1357 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Either the skunk leaves or I do! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there,

If this happens again, please take a screen shot and sent it to us. We have absolutely zero tolerance for pop-up ads, and would like to keep them off the site.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook