Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 4:59 PM
Post #226 of 45342 (25950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Farm Aid pics and TR coming in a couple of days. Had great luck all around.

Shweet!

Did the weather cooperate?

Hows the family?

weather and family were good. St. Louis is a surprisngly very hip and cosmo town. A bit weird to see churches like they were Dunkin' Donuts in Boston, though (on every corner).

Will write the TR up tonight (gonna do it on Facebook). I'll copy it from there to here and post a couple of pics, too. Plus I'll provide the Flickr link for the rest of the photos.

Ahhhh the midwest. Gotta love it.

The midwest, let me tell you about the Mid West, but how about the South East?
I been to NC so many times I ought to take up residence. You can't help but to swing a stick and hit a Baptist church in the South. Then there are the other denominations.
But now the midwest. I had to fly into Tulsa and drive to Joplin MO, and some guy gets on the radio. I'm a church going kind of dude, but I'm like, ah man, do we have to pander to the southern preacher stereotype? No, not at all. It was a car salesman. Dang they're all like that from there. Crazy
Meh.

SlySly

I've notice that too. If you just "drop in" on one of those radio programs, it's often hard to tell if your learning about your everlasting salvation or being sold a three in one fruit juicer.

Used car salesman indeed.

Some more observation from Joplin MO.
Sonic Burger, so what with the hype?
Kum and Go is a chain of gas stations, WTHeck?
Wallyworld, dang there a lot of heavy, really heavy people riding those store scooters.
How come every single resturaunt in town, including KFC, is an all you can eat buffet???
It appears these last two are related.

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 5:00 PM
Post #227 of 45342 (25947 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I accidently my PTFTW, again.

notapplicable

Oct 6, 2009, 5:01 PM
Post #228 of 45342 (25944 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
I have an obscene amount of homework to do this week, I mean it's fucking sick. I already have at least 12 hours worth of stuff, and that's just one class. Catch-up SUCKS.

Well by all means keep posting. Homework often does itself if left unattended for long enough.Tongue

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 5:02 PM
Post #229 of 45342 (25941 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Looks as if my outdoor climbing season is done. Ankle is doing fine, but the partner has found a man and she wants to get a weekend in climbing with him before the weather turns cold. That was the last weekend I was going to climb outside. Frown

Oh well. Disappointed but I understand. I'm not climbing consistently anyway because I'm trying to heal. So I can understand why she'd see him as a better partner (better / consistent partner & better / more romantic undertones).

We're still in season down this way.

All you gotta do is make the 30 hour round trip.Unimpressed

That's why I'm totally looking forward to South America, cause the season continues sooner. Heh. heh. heh. Cool

Unfortunately that trip never did happen because she wasn't comfortable having a partner who solos. Didn't want the personal attachment to a dead man walking I guess.

I'll always respect her for that comeback though.

Gud Jorb with the reply.

Oops....

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 5:03 PM
Post #230 of 45342 (25938 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
churningindawake wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
churningindawake wrote:
Just sitting here checking out all of the conversation in the new threads.

This morning was a bit chaotic. Too bad magnus wasn't around for it.
A bummer indeed.

Twas a fine opportunity for wholesale ++ing

Which thread?
I haven't seen any mashing of teeth this AM.

Gmburns2000

Oct 6, 2009, 5:08 PM
Post #231 of 45342 (25935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Looks as if my outdoor climbing season is done. Ankle is doing fine, but the partner has found a man and she wants to get a weekend in climbing with him before the weather turns cold. That was the last weekend I was going to climb outside. Frown

Oh well. Disappointed but I understand. I'm not climbing consistently anyway because I'm trying to heal. So I can understand why she'd see him as a better partner (better / consistent partner & better / more romantic undertones).

That kinda blows. I think I got the boyfriend ditch recently. I planned to climb a classic tower in Sedona (The Mace) recently with this friend of a friend. I hadn't met her, but our mutual friend recommended we climb together. This girl stipulates she doesn't want to camp out with a guy she's just meeting on a trip. I totally understand. I offer to meet her before, maybe climb at a gym, but we never do. So, we're on track for a daytrip to do a cool climb. I'm packed and ready to go, and then, the night before, she calls up and says it just doesn't feel right. Oh, really? The NIGHT BEFORE it doesn't feel right? Could you have told me the week before? But, she says, we could still climb in a group or something to get to know each other. I tell her, I basically know you well enough now not to want to climb with you at all. Somebody flakes on you that hard right off the bat? Yeah, no.

I'm pretty sure she'd been tiptoeing around her boyfriend and then he found out or something and put the kibosh on everything. Besides the whole boyfriend thing - and no offense to anybody who subscribes - she's Christian, and, sorry, the last thing I'd want to do is get involved with that whole mess. I wanted to tell her, hey, this isn't about you, this isn't about you being a girl, this is about climbing a fucking climb! Get over yourself!

That totally blows. Yeah, I wouldn't climb with her either. I hope you let her know that in fair terms, as well as your friend who recommended you two climbign together.

Seriously, whats that got to do with rock climbing SPCI?
We are not rock climbingcontent. Not arguing religion or politics because that would be content. Mad

I think we were both more talking about climbing than religion. At least I was. I gathered his comment was more content based (i.e. - I didn't see it as an anti-religion rant). If that's the case then you're fixed statement above is understandable.

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 5:24 PM
Post #232 of 45342 (25929 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
I have an obscene amount of homework to do this week, I mean it's fucking sick. I already have at least 12 hours worth of stuff, and that's just one class. Catch-up SUCKS.

Well by all means keep posting. Homework often does itself if left unattended for long enough.Tongue
I plan on it.

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 5:24 PM
Post #233 of 45342 (25929 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
churningindawake wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
churningindawake wrote:
Just sitting here checking out all of the conversation in the new threads.

This morning was a bit chaotic. Too bad magnus wasn't around for it.
A bummer indeed.

Twas a fine opportunity for wholesale ++ing

Which thread?
I haven't seen any mashing of teeth this AM.
Wuz busy.
*ghasp* I was at school.

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 5:26 PM
Post #234 of 45342 (25929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

That kinda blows. I think I got the boyfriend ditch recently. I planned to climb a classic tower in Sedona (The Mace) recently with this friend of a friend. I hadn't met her, but our mutual friend recommended we climb together. This girl stipulates she doesn't want to camp out with a guy she's just meeting on a trip. I totally understand. I offer to meet her before, maybe climb at a gym, but we never do. So, we're on track for a daytrip to do a cool climb. I'm packed and ready to go, and then, the night before, she calls up and says it just doesn't feel right. Oh, really? The NIGHT BEFORE it doesn't feel right? Could you have told me the week before? But, she says, we could still climb in a group or something to get to know each other. I tell her, I basically know you well enough now not to want to climb with you at all. Somebody flakes on you that hard right off the bat? Yeah, no.

I'm pretty sure she'd been tiptoeing around her boyfriend and then he found out or something and put the kibosh on everything. Besides the whole boyfriend thing - and no offense to anybody who subscribes - she's Christian, and, sorry, the last thing I'd want to do is get involved with that whole mess. I wanted to tell her, hey, this isn't about you, this isn't about you being a girl, this is about climbing a fucking climb! Get over yourself!

That totally blows. Yeah, I wouldn't climb with her either. I hope you let her know that in fair terms, as well as your friend who recommended you two climbign together.

We are not rock climbingcontent. Not arguing religion or politics because that would be content. Mad

I think we were both more talking about climbing than religion. At least I was. I gathered his comment was more content based (i.e. - I didn't see it as an anti-religion rant). If that's the case then you're fixed statement above is understandable.

Opps, sorry I think I confussed you.
I was trying to continue along your lines about how the lady passed climbing with zeke because she was a Christian. So what has that got to do with climbing? Nothing. Or being Dem or Rep? Or black or white? Again nothing to do with climbing. I climb with someone because I want to climb.
So no I didn't see your post as anti religous or what ever. Actually more in lines with my own thoughts.

kachoong

Oct 6, 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #235 of 45342 (25928 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Man, that's teh suck! I had someone bail on me after I had taken a train into a different country (Germany into Switzerland) to go climbing. Lucky I had a friend in the area who was happy to take me out for a climb. Actually ended up being a great four days.

kachoong

Oct 6, 2009, 5:32 PM
Post #236 of 45342 (25925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

We're still in season down this way.

All you gotta do is make the 30 hour round trip.Unimpressed

Just starting the rock season down here... but that would be a 30hr trip one way!

kachoong

Oct 6, 2009, 5:34 PM
Post #237 of 45342 (25921 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I've meet all kinds in that regard.

I did 2 day trips with a craigslist partner (didn't even know she was a she until we met in person) and everything was going well so we started planning a two day trip to WV. Come to find out she didn't own a tent so offered to share my two man (already assuming that wasn't gonna fly) and much to my surprise she agreed. Didn't even bat an eye.

When I said something about having climbed with woman in the past who would have not been comfortable with that, she looked me right in the eye and said "I'm not worried about you, I've got mace".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

LMAO.

Well done.

That is pretty funny! Made me laff!

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 5:35 PM
Post #238 of 45342 (25917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Dude, that route looks sweet. I wanted to do it, but it snowed. I heard the rock gets super sketch when damp so...

kachoong

Oct 6, 2009, 5:36 PM
Post #239 of 45342 (25916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Hey cool new little avatard.
thanks, it will also be avaliable in T-shirt form pretty soon. Also quite likely in tat form on my back.
Yeah, what is that? Did you draw it? Can't see it in your pics.... maybe it hasn't been approved yet... lemmie go see.
It's a pic from where the wild things are but with a climb-ey twist.

IC

You should have put a banana hammock on him!

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 5:36 PM
Post #240 of 45342 (25913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Greatest photo evar?

Gmburns2000

Oct 6, 2009, 5:46 PM
Post #241 of 45342 (25926 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I was trying to continue along your lines about how the lady passed climbing with zeke because she was a Christian. So what has that got to do with climbing? Nothing. Or being Dem or Rep? Or black or white? Again nothing to do with climbing. I climb with someone because I want to climb.
So no I didn't see your post as anti religous or what ever. Actually more in lines with my own thoughts.

ooohhh...I see. you were following the point, not railing against it. got it. Blush

Gmburns2000

Oct 6, 2009, 5:47 PM
Post #242 of 45342 (25925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Greatest photo evar?

???

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #243 of 45342 (25923 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's Billy Mayes in front of that other infomercial dude's (vince?) mug shot, after he got beaten up by a hooker.

Billy Mayes >
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kachoong

Oct 6, 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #244 of 45342 (25922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:

Greatest photo evar?

???

What a Sham.... Wow!!! Laugh

Gmburns2000

Oct 6, 2009, 6:08 PM
Post #245 of 45342 (25916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
That's Billy Mayes in front of that other infomercial dude's (vince?) mug shot, after he got beaten up by a hooker.

Billy Mayes >
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah yeah. right, that IS a good pic.

donald949

Oct 6, 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #246 of 45342 (25914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

ooohhh...I see. you were following the point, not railing against it. got it. Blush

Yes exactly, sorry for the confusion. I see how my post caused that.
Its kind of a beef of mine. People not hanging with someone because they are a different religion, politically party, or of a different point of view. Actually, what really gets me is when people start attending a different church so they are not associated with anymore.
Sure I have freinds that moved on, so I don't see them, or think to call them. I still do considered them freinds. But some actually dislike them, just because they go to a different church. Mad Rather petty, certainly not appropriate given the doctoren we claim to follow.
All right, rant over. Wrong audience.
Lets go climbing.

Gmburns2000

Oct 6, 2009, 6:23 PM
Post #247 of 45342 (25911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Yes exactly, sorry for the confusion. I see how my post caused that.
Its kind of a beef of mine. People not hanging with someone because they are a different religion, politically party, or of a different point of view. Actually, what really gets me is when people start attending a different church so they are not associated with anymore.
Sure I have freinds that moved on, so I don't see them, or think to call them. I still do considered them freinds. But some actually dislike them, just because they go to a different church. Mad Rather petty, certainly not appropriate given the doctoren we claim to follow.
All right, rant over. Wrong audience.
Lets go climbing.

++

zeke_sf

Oct 6, 2009, 8:00 PM
Post #248 of 45342 (25903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Dude, that route looks sweet. I wanted to do it, but it snowed. I heard the rock gets super sketch when damp so...

Yeah, it looks cool. Sedona's coming into season, so it'll go down soon for sure. I have a buddy who got bouted on The Mace by a shoulder injury, so I know he'll want to get up it. There's some interesting looking routes there and a lot of new development that's not in books yet. I hear it's an acquired taste though, quite chossy in places and a little scary.

sungam

Oct 6, 2009, 8:05 PM
Post #249 of 45342 (25899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
sungam wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Yeah, it looks cool. Sedona's coming into season, so it'll go down soon for sure. I have a buddy who got bouted on The Mace by a shoulder injury, so I know he'll want to get up it. There's some interesting looking routes there and a lot of new development that's not in books yet. I hear it's an acquired taste though, quite chossy in places and a little scary.
Yeah, I heard it's kinda fisher-ey. I wanted to do Earth Angel as well.
The jump/lean over on the mace looks like a buzz.

kyleshea

Oct 6, 2009, 8:07 PM
Post #250 of 45342 (25899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

try catsup.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook