Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Reel Rock: Sacramento Pipeworks Tonight (Sat 101709 @ 8PM)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

roughster

Oct 17, 2009, 7:23 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1356 views)
Shortcut

Reel Rock: Sacramento Pipeworks Tonight (Sat 101709 @ 8PM)  (North_America: United_States: California: Sacramento_Area)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

We (CRAGS) have rented 12 Foot Screen and audio system. There will be free popcorn and pretzels, beer, water, soda, and a raffle ticket for free shwag. All for $10. You'll pay more than double that going anywhere else tonight and get less guaranteed!

The shwag from Liberty Bell, Gregory, and others up for raffle. I believe Brian is also working with Chris Mac for some Supertopo stuff and Mad rock as well. Thanks to all the company sponsors!

The films are all very good from what I have heard (I haven't seen any of them yet myself though), and the best part is proceeds are 100% to CRAGS.

As you may or may not know, CRAGS has been working with the Auburn City Council and ASRA/BofREc to get climbing access reopened to the Auburn Quarry. We will share some of the more recent news at the show tonight, but we are making progress! Once reopened Auburn will easily (and immediately) become the premiere sport climbing area in the Greater Sacramento area. With over 50 routes already established, including multipitch sport route and the potential for a lot more routes as well, there is a lot to be gained by the local climbing community by getting this placed reopened.

Your support tonight will allow us to continue our efforts to get this place reopened! But I don't want to give the wrong impression, while Auburn is our current focus, it is not the only local area we are concerned about! We have already work on the Rocklin Quarry and have plans to continue our efforts at other local crags to keep them strong and healthy.

Hopefully we will see some of the RC crowd at Pipeworks tonight!

roughster

Oct 17, 2009, 9:43 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roughster] Reel Rock: Sacramento Pipeworks Tonight (Sat 101709 @ 8PM) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

up you go!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook