Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:26 PM
Post #5051 of 105309 (9238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
I need some opinions. My son has decided he wants to go to college in Kelowna BC. The course is offered here in Ontario but he wants to live in BC because of the downhill biking.
I understand his reason for going and I have always encouraged him to have a passion and follow it.
The cost will be a lot more and we had planned on paying for his first year. He won't be able to come home at all and I don't know how focused he would be on school with all those hills around to ride.
We all know what its like to want to follow your dream and move closer to a location that is better to live your passion. But is 18 too young to do that. And on the parents pocketbook?
Why do so many parents feel they have to pay for their kids education. I got some money from RESP (registered education savings plan for the non Canadians) and paid for the rest of university myself.

If you do insist on paying for most of university you could try this plan that I guy I worked with did for his kids: He'd pay 100% of school after their first year, which the kids had to pay for, but only if the kids passed all their courses and did okay in them.
Sounds reasonable but we are not sure if we were paying the whole shot anyway, just the first year. I mean if it was a matter of him not being able to fund the rest of the years and not be able to do of course we would find a way to keep him in it. but I would have him pay it back.
One year is more than reasonable.

Is he going to trade school? Electrician?

I electively dropped out of college in my third year - before they kicked me out - because all I was doing was riding my skateboard and smoking copious amounts of dope. I worked as a commercial electrician for a year busting my fucking ass. It then dawned on me that this manual labor things is a lot of fucking work so I went back to school and tried the whole going to class thing. Finished up with straight A's. Working as an electrician will be good for him.
heh.. you think working as an electrician is hard?

No wonder you keep climbing teh easy rootz.

Yes, I think working as an electrician is a lot harder than sitting in a class, getting a degree, and then getting paid a shit-ton of money to sit in a leather high-back chair in an air-conditioned office. If you think otherwise, you're doing it rong.
being an electrician is fucking easy. unroll some wire. drill a few holez. You must ahve been the dumb kid who all they would let do is pull wire.

You're obviously a fucking moron, so I'll forgive you for having to explain this. On a construction site it's the dumb ones that have to do more manual labor. I can see now why you're giving me a hard time for not working as hard as you do. Perhaps with the exception of a bosses kid or the retarded guy the moved the broom, there are no free passes on a job site. Well, maybe in Canada, but down here if you're too dumb to do your job you dig a ditch or use a jackhammer. If you're too dumb for that they kick your ass off the site.

You also obviously don't know shit about commercial electrical work. There can be hundreds of yards of ditches for conduits, holes for junction boxes, tearing up foundation, etc. There's also calculating loads and distributions, and an ever-evolving litany of standards that you get inspected to. No, it's not as manual intensive as the troglodyte on the ground floor moving concrete, nor is it as intellectually intensive as developing an artificial heart, but it draws from both sides of the fence. You sounds just like all the other douchebags on the site bitching at us because we weren't knee deep in shit getting paid a fraction of what we made. Don't blame me because you had/have a shitty job.

nerve touched?

Meh, just a little drunk.

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:28 PM
Post #5052 of 105309 (9237 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
I think I have some raging tendinitis in my elbow.

knot gud. I stopped jim bouldering four a while when I had that, and taped my upper forearm. If you tape two tight, you'll get crazy pumped crazy fast, though.
Stopping bouldering in the basement wouldn't be that big a deal, but I think that drytooling might be worse than bouldering for yer elbows.

This is possibly kerrect. Chossy boulders in there a lot, right? Drytooling can get you into some crazy positions, however when bouldering you can push too much.

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:29 PM
Post #5053 of 105309 (9234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Climbing at Cathedral tommorow for the first time in a while.

Yay.

jeluz!
Y?
Yore going to the creek

Would you two just fuck already.

This could be difficult with the hole Midwest to hump over!

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:29 PM
Post #5054 of 105309 (9232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
I need some opinions. My son has decided he wants to go to college in Kelowna BC. The course is offered here in Ontario but he wants to live in BC because of the downhill biking.
I understand his reason for going and I have always encouraged him to have a passion and follow it.
The cost will be a lot more and we had planned on paying for his first year. He won't be able to come home at all and I don't know how focused he would be on school with all those hills around to ride.
We all know what its like to want to follow your dream and move closer to a location that is better to live your passion. But is 18 too young to do that. And on the parents pocketbook?
Why do so many parents feel they have to pay for their kids education. I got some money from RESP (registered education savings plan for the non Canadians) and paid for the rest of university myself.

If you do insist on paying for most of university you could try this plan that I guy I worked with did for his kids: He'd pay 100% of school after their first year, which the kids had to pay for, but only if the kids passed all their courses and did okay in them.
Sounds reasonable but we are not sure if we were paying the whole shot anyway, just the first year. I mean if it was a matter of him not being able to fund the rest of the years and not be able to do of course we would find a way to keep him in it. but I would have him pay it back.

I electively dropped out of college in my third year - before they kicked me out - because all I was doing was riding my skateboard and smoking copious amounts of dope. I worked as a commercial electrician for a year busting my fucking ass. It then dawned on me that this manual labor things is a lot of fucking work so I went back to school and tried the whole going to class thing. Finished up with straight A's. Working as an electrician will be good for him.
So they let you back in and you only had to finish the last year?

Yeah pretty much. That's what school is for, fucking up and learning from it.

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:30 PM
Post #5055 of 105309 (9232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
It would appear that I am unable to establish a franchise here. I did not invest soundly in the previous page.

I find it hard to tell these dayz, with my settings....

dr_feelgood

Nov 13, 2009, 4:31 PM
Post #5056 of 105309 (9230 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
I think I'm getting fucking sick again.

Our cohort has been passing around the various flus from four different schools since Sept. Frown

worst immune system evar....

Let's break this down, shall we?

-30hrs /week in a elementary school, surrounded by 18 seven year-old walking petri dishes....check

-Outdoor temps that are up/down/up/down/up/down...check

-Surrounded by sick interns when not surrounded by sick children...check

-interactions with students knowingly exposed to the swine flu (don't ask)...check

-Repeat all of the above for three months....check

-Average of 4-5 hrs sleep per night and a lot of stress...check.

I'm actually one of the relatively healthy ones, believe it or not.

No, I don't want a cookie.

pffff.. you don't think i've worked in college and high school settings with sick people, young and old. using equipment used by dozens of people per day. Tending to folks who are sweating, bleeding and/or puking.

medical professionals way more exposed than education. Medical folks tend to be smarter in the ways of prevention.

wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. Eat correctly, sleep right.

temperature changes?? Last year i rode my bike and climbed in weather varying from 90F down to 35F. failllllll

i've made it almost 30 years with only ear infections other than minor head colds. missed less than 5 days of work/school since graduating high school.

this post means you will now get MRSA.
You know, I've had it and it didn't really do anything to me other than force me into a private room away from the other patients.

I was treated, but I often wonder if I passed anything along to Nathan with the time he spent with me in the hospital.

MRSA often lives benignly on people's skin, especially if they have been hospitalized. Chances are, a) you still have it, and b) sharing is caring.

Arrogant_Bastard

Post #5057 of 105309 (9257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
It would appear that I am unable to establish a franchise here. I did not invest soundly in the previous page.
Maybe you should start trying a little harder.

I believe I was busy making breakfast when the previous page was established.

I believe I'm still in bed and it's almost lunch your time.

After waking up to two dogs piled on me, I have moved to the couch, but still firmly established in the pajamas.

get a jorb you bum!!

Seems yore travelz have weakened yore GU ability, yore crawling through this.

kachoong

Post #5058 of 105309 (9252 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Climbing at Cathedral tommorow for the first time in a while.

Yay.

jeluz!
Y?
Yore going to the creek

Would you two just fuck already.

Long distance intercourse FTW?

An early 16th century Spanish conquistador wrote reports of an Indian tribe he encountered in the Caribbean in which the men had penises that were up to 12 feet long. They would keep them wrapped around their waists, and then whip them out (literally), to have sex with women from across the village square or whatever.

Otherwise known as chorizo!

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #5059 of 105309 (9249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
I need to poop!

Still need to poop?

Impacted stoolz?

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #5060 of 105309 (9246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:

He would still have to go to school to be an electrician here. He cooks at a pub part time and I am sure that is enough for him to know he needs to go to school and not end up doing that for the rest of his life

somebody's got to cook mah dinner.

heh

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:34 PM
Post #5061 of 105309 (9246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
snupe wrote:
clausti wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
clausti wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
kachoong wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
I will do this vewy, vewy, slowly... the syphalitic Koala iz not fast.

I smellz what you did there!

Koalas are notoriously slow.

I am notoriously good at procrastinating.

need motivation?

Staring at boobs in no way helps me complete my homework.
I think it has a converse effect.

Go to the library to get something done

[image]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/5/633824183108571965-librarians.jpg[/image]

Woo!

He's clearly studying the wrong field!

hate to be the one to break it to you, but science looks a lot more like....

[img]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4290[/img]
Clausti needs a hug?

BTW, I think the terms is "flipping off," not "flicking off"....

yeah, well, you're from new england or something. they talk funny up there, yes?

and the pic is actually from a couple years ago. i do look really sad in it.

a couple years ago? have you been at osu that long?

franchiser repost.

Well done, but let's not leave out the Librarian. She's smokin.

Yore just too loyal!

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:36 PM
Post #5062 of 105309 (9257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
And how awkward will it be to bring other boyz home now?

And it's winter, a bit too cold to be fuxzing in the bak of teh car.

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:36 PM
Post #5063 of 105309 (9257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Much ironing

Heh!! Laugh

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #5064 of 105309 (9255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
I just about sold an old harness to a chick in our office. She wants to buy a sex swing. we found some youtube videos of sex swings and realized a climbing harness wasn't going to fit the bill as nicely.

I almost had a sale.

Did you declare that it's a try-before-buy deal?

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #5065 of 105309 (9252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
The grocery store had avocados for $.88 a piece.
I will be making guacamole tonite.

That's still some expensive guacamole.

Shhhhh, let him think $.88 is a good price for an avocado.

Hell I pay more that that - $1.39 +/- It doesn't matter when one wants the guac.

Woo! SoCak!

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:38 PM
Post #5066 of 105309 (9252 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airscape] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

airscape wrote:

Fuck me! I reached 500 posts and it only took me 9 years to do it *woot*

Yoo must be old!

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:38 PM
Post #5067 of 105309 (9250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
The grocery store had avocados for $.88 a piece.
I will be making guacamole tonite.

That's still some expensive guacamole.

Shhhhh, let him think $.88 is a good price for an avocado.

Hell I pay more that that - $1.39 +/- It doesn't matter when one wants the guac.

If it makes you guys feel better I'm sure there are commodities here that cost a lot more than in the mid-west... like, I dunno, Crisco.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:40 PM
Post #5068 of 105309 (9249 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:

nope, even with the connections my dad had for him he didn't want to go that route. He wants to take mechanical engineering, college level.

Good for him. Is he naturally cocky (arrogant, pompous)? Or does he come from the grease monkey side of ME?

IE = pretty boy, hipster
EE = unwashed
CE = Construction boy
AggE = farmer

ME = arrogant bastard

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:43 PM
Post #5069 of 105309 (9245 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn, you guys were posting machines! Did you not even stop at 11... on the 11th? Shocked

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:43 PM
Post #5070 of 105309 (9242 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Fuck!! 1000 noo posts?!?!? ^^^^^^^^^^^I'm knot reading all that!

Fuk off, get to work slacker.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:45 PM
Post #5071 of 105309 (9240 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo! See Eye Sucks FTW!

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 13, 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #5072 of 105309 (9238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
snupe wrote:
clausti wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
clausti wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
kachoong wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
I will do this vewy, vewy, slowly... the syphalitic Koala iz not fast.

I smellz what you did there!

Koalas are notoriously slow.

I am notoriously good at procrastinating.

need motivation?

Staring at boobs in no way helps me complete my homework.
I think it has a converse effect.

Go to the library to get something done

Woo!

He's clearly studying the wrong field!

hate to be the one to break it to you, but science looks a lot more like....

[img]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4290[/img]
Clausti needs a hug?

BTW, I think the terms is "flipping off," not "flicking off"....

yeah, well, you're from new england or something. they talk funny up there, yes?

and the pic is actually from a couple years ago. i do look really sad in it.

a couple years ago? have you been at osu that long?

franchiser repost.

Well done, but let's not leave out the Librarian. She's smokin.

Yore just too loyal!

Ewe did it again. Stop doing that.

dr_feelgood

Nov 13, 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #5073 of 105309 (9210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Woo! See Eye Sucks FTW!

VLR?

kachoong

Nov 13, 2009, 4:49 PM
Post #5074 of 105309 (9220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Fuck!! 1000 noo posts?!?!? ^^^^^^^^^^^I'm knot reading all that!

Fuk off, get to work slacker.

Knot at work... gotz a fucked ankle!

snoopy138

Nov 13, 2009, 4:50 PM
Post #5075 of 105309 (9218 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:

nope, even with the connections my dad had for him he didn't want to go that route. He wants to take mechanical engineering, college level.

next thing you know he'll be designing heart valves and postwhoring on teh internetz.

First page Previous page 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook