Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
All over Thailand in January
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

aquadood

Oct 16, 2009, 2:28 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2155 views)
Shortcut

All over Thailand in January  (Asia: Thailand: Southern_Provinces)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm planning to backpack around Thailand in January and am looking forward to getting some climbing in. I'm traveling solo and will be all over the country. How difficult is it to find people to climb with out there? If anyone would be in to showing me some routes it would be much appreciated. I'm happy to contribute to the rebolting cause also.

(This post was edited by aquadood on Oct 16, 2009, 2:30 AM)

jeffc

Nov 29, 2009, 5:07 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2079 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aquadood] All over Thailand in January [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be in Chiang Mai in the first week of Jan. 2010. I wouldn't mind having a day climbing at Crazy Horse. After that I'll be back in the south (but not Krabi though). Krabi's pretty crowded with climbers at the moment. It shouldn't be hard to join with some of the climbers there.

jacobbelsher

Nov 29, 2009, 7:01 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In chiang mai and ton sai, finding a partner is easy. in the former, throw a rock. in the latter go to the rock shop in town (chiang mai rock climbing adventures?) to find a partner on the bulletin board.
note: Ton sai is good, great even. however, DO NOT miss crazy horse at chiang mai! best crag ever! Also, have the folks at the rock shop hook you up with the homestay close to Crazy Horse! you won't regret it!

camilleguignard

Nov 29, 2009, 7:27 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hi
here is the web site of a friend living in thailand he has bolted many crag in the north east and he also know the bouldering area. Most of the pages are in french but you can watch the pictures www.bamboo-escalade.com he can speak english contact him at binoova@yahoo.com you can also join the facebook group climbing in northern thailand. Around chiang mai there is a new place called chiang dao which is great and a new area near chiang rai

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook