Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Any Break Ins?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ACJ

Nov 24, 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2721 views)
Shortcut

Any Break Ins?  (North_America: United_States: Tennessee: Eastern: Tennessee_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have there been many break ins at the T-Wall this fall? Any tips for avoiding them other than the basic keep your car cleaned out? I also read to park at a boat landing?

Thanks.

colatownkid

Nov 24, 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ACJ] Any Break Ins? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ACJ wrote:
Have there been many break ins at the T-Wall this fall? Any tips for avoiding them other than the basic keep your car cleaned out? I also read to park at a boat landing?

Thanks.

haven't been there recently enough to speak to the break ins.

you'll park down the road a little bit from the boat ramp. the parking area is on the left where the road makes a right turn just as it is starting to go downhill. it's big enough to hold 8 or 10 cars at least and should be fairly obvious. there's a good chance there will be somebody parked/camping there. the trail up to the cliff is just across the street. i think it's about 7 miles from the intersection with Suck Creek Road.

Tipton

Nov 30, 2009, 4:01 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't heard of any break-ins in the last 2 years. Rumor has it that they caught the guy with a sting operation.

rock_fencer

Nov 30, 2009, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2610 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

was there a week ago with about 5 cars in the lot and things were smooth.

keep things out of sight and shouldn't have a problem. That being said i took all the valuables up with me to the cliff.

T

BirminghamBen

Nov 30, 2009, 4:22 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2604 views)
Shortcut

Re: [colatownkid] Any Break Ins? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

colatownkid wrote:
ACJ wrote:

Thanks.

haven't been there recently enough to speak to the break ins.

you'll park down the road a little bit from the boat ramp. the parking area is on the left where the road makes a right turn just as it is starting to go downhill. it's big enough to hold 8 or 10 cars at least and should be fairly obvious. there's a good chance there will be somebody parked/camping there. the trail up to the cliff is just across the street. i think it's about 7 miles from the intersection with Suck Creek Road.

You two are talking about different boat ramps.

ACJ - Some folks stash a loaded car at the public ramp on the TN river on the road before you get to the road that the TWall parking is on. Then, take an empty vehicle to the TWall parking.

Colatown - The "boat ramp" you are talking about, along the road to the Twall, is not the same one. Any parking along that road is subject to vandalism/theft. Better to be safe than sorry.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook