Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rustedradio

Dec 2, 2009, 3:30 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2235 views)
Shortcut

Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go?  (North_America: United_States: Arkansas: Ozarks: Lake_Lincoln_Crags)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Big yellow bridge gone...hum

now im stuck, ima have to get some big rubber boots.Shocked

jolery

Jan 12, 2010, 6:38 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rustedradio] Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That piece of shit bridge got washed away in one of the big rains/flash floods. That bridge was so damn shitty all it would have taken is some fat redneck family and it would have broken. The anchors to the bridge were crap as well.
What's fucked up is that they moved the boulders in the creek that have been used as a creek crossing for decades when they put that bridge in. Now it's wet legs or use the city of Lincoln's new solution - a detour trail that exits the lake entrance, crosses the creek via the road bridge, and then cuts through the woods and meets back up with the trail. Or just drive across the creek if you've got the vehicle clearance.

rustedradio

Jan 14, 2010, 1:36 AM
Post #3 of 5 (2080 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jolery] Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea its some sh . Those boulders have been sitting solid and strong for years, not only that but natural...not some man made bullshitMad

johnwesely

Jan 14, 2010, 1:40 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rustedradio] Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

rustedradio wrote:
Yea its some sh . Those boulders have been sitting solid and strong for years, not only that but natural...not some man made bullshitMad

Yeah, I really hate when things are man made.

LincolnLocal

Feb 1, 2010, 5:09 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2016 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Where the Fudge in the fridge did the new bridge go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, we have put the boulders back after floods at least 4 times in the last 6 years, so much for the miracle of nature.

We built the bridge out of scrap metal (all free materials and labor) to help with parking access and keep down the number of vehicles crossing the creek and polluting the water. The city then installed footers and set the bridge. I was really surprised that the water got it and not an idiot in a 4x4 trying to steal the metal.

It worked real well until a private lake's dam gave way a few miles upstream and took it out.

If one of you smart fellows would like to donate some engineering, materials and labor to put something in place that will live through the floods let me know.

There has been a substantial amount of work put into keeping the park open to the climbing community, I hope this effort is not being taken for granted.

In the mean time there is a new trail coming from the highway across the bridge for when the water is up.

(This post was edited by LincolnLocal on Feb 1, 2010, 5:22 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook