RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

jbro_135

Dec 2, 2009, 7:00 PM
Post #1 of 3 (367 views)
Shortcut

Jet7 sizing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, I just checked out all the online reviews I could find and didn't get a lot of useful info...

Does anyone here own Jet7s? I'm looking to get a new pair of shoes and these are on sale for a steal at mec.ca. I wear 11 street shoes and a 9 in spires (started really tight, stretched a lot), so I'm thinking a 10 would be my best bet in this shoe? The only sizes available are 8.5 or 10 so I'm hoping one of those fits...I'm ordering online so no chance to try them on first, there are no decent stores where i live.

Sorry for the newb post but I want to have a merry xmas with new shoes!

quiteatingmysteak

Dec 2, 2009, 7:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (357 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbro_135] Jet7 sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

don't try to match it up to a leather shoe, if you can, get ahold of a high volume performance shoe - like the anasazi velcro - and fit it close to that. The term 'street shoe,' do you mean in an approach shoe that fits well or a pair of clunky skater shoes meant for an 11 year old? Measure yourself with a brannic and go a half size down, maybe a full if you want to hurt a lot.

just my 2c, I've only sold shoes for 4 years : / but 5.10 seems to be the most consistant company for sizing I've come across. Thank your stars you don't buy sportivas blindly.

jbro_135

Dec 2, 2009, 7:15 PM
Post #3 of 3 (352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [quiteatingmysteak] Jet7 sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I say street shoe, I mean my shoe size for anything but climbing shoes...

I think I will go with the 10 since the spires have probably stretched a full size by now and fit well. One of my buddies climbs in anasazi verdes in a 9 I think, I'll try those to see how they fit.

Thanks for the help

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook