Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Climbing Revolution T-shirt
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All


climbingtrash


Jan 6, 2010, 4:42 PM
Post #1 of 121 (20132 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Climbing Revolution T-shirt
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I posted this design in the "best climbing shirts" thread but started my own because I'm going to have this design screen printed and I need to get an idea of what sizes/quantities I should have made up. I'll be charging $15.00 for the shirt plus shipping which will probably cost around $5.00 for the states. I'd be willing to ship elsewhere but at an increased price, obviously.



So what do you guys think?

[*update edit*]

So I got the shirts and they look good but they didn't print as well as I'd hoped. The yellow didn't turn out as bright as I wanted and some of the detail was lost. Here are some pics of the actual print...





Sizing: The shirts are a standard fit and are pre-shrunk. Here's a pic of me in a Medium. I'm 5'9" and weight 155lbs...



[*update edit-2-26-10*]

Edit to add: I've added a page on climbingtrash.com just for this shirt and orders can be placed there. I'm out of smalls for now but I've still got Medium, Large, and XL. Click on the logo below...



[*update edit-12-14-10*]

I've got more shirts in and spent a little more on a local printer. Price now is $15.00 plus S&H. Click on the link above to order.

[*update edit-1-9-14*]

Got another batch of these printed.


(This post was edited by climbingtrash on Jan 9, 2014, 10:57 AM)


Partner angry


Jan 6, 2010, 4:50 PM
Post #2 of 121 (20125 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just wish this was available when I made my Cafepress order of your other shirt. I've got a mailbox in NY that gets forwarded to me. I'll see if I can justify spending $30 on a $12 shirt.


mtnkid85


Jan 6, 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #3 of 121 (20110 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 18, 2005
Posts: 221

Re: [angry] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hell ya, Id take one of those red and yellow in Medium!

I dig it.


elliott


Jan 6, 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #4 of 121 (20080 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 28, 2009
Posts: 5

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would take 2 in different colors. Size large.


lvpyne


Jan 6, 2010, 9:31 PM
Post #5 of 121 (20046 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 7, 2005
Posts: 207

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Awesome! I would buy one in either a small or medium (depending on what sizes you decide to run).


climberslacker


Jan 6, 2010, 9:53 PM
Post #6 of 121 (20040 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 3, 2006
Posts: 94

Re: [lvpyne] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

put me downn for a medium

-CS


jnm1


Jan 6, 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #7 of 121 (20022 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2008
Posts: 25

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What an awesome design.
I'll take a medium.
Will you be doing any other colors?


agdavis


Jan 7, 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #8 of 121 (20002 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 7, 2009
Posts: 310

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
So I posted this design in the "best climbing shirts" thread but started my own because I'm going to have this design screen printed and I need to get an idea of what sizes/quantities I should have made up. I'll be charging $12.00 for the shirt plus shipping which will probably cost around $5.00 for the states. I'd be willing to ship elsewhere but at an increased price, obviously.

[image]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/climbingtrash/climbingrevolution2.jpg[/image]

So what do you guys think?

awesome. i will gladly buy one in medium.


munky


Jan 7, 2010, 4:36 AM
Post #9 of 121 (19981 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2006
Posts: 358

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nice design. Put me down for a Medium.


climbingtrash


Jan 7, 2010, 6:42 AM
Post #10 of 121 (19955 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For now I'm only going to have this screen printed in yellow on a red shirt. (keeps the cost down) I'm going to have 50 printed in S,M,L,XL and I'm thinking I should go heavier on the medium and large sizes. The shirt I'm going to use is the Gildan 5.3oz shirt. I have a few of the Gildan shirts and they have a good fit. I'm going to place the order today so I should have the shirts next week.

I also have this design up on my cafepress.com site and the one I got from them printed pretty good and you can get it on other colors. It just costs a lot more there.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and I'll keep everyone posted.


Partner happiegrrrl


Jan 7, 2010, 7:21 AM
Post #11 of 121 (19938 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2004
Posts: 4660

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You might want to post at Supertopo too. They have a guy there who does t's and he usually gets a good response when he posts his designs(though most are repro's on older climber art).

I think the Red/gold is the *right* choice since it reinforces the imagery of revolution. But I suppose black on white would work too.

I like the idea - well done. Alas I have too many climbing t's of my own....


zeke_sf


Jan 7, 2010, 7:26 AM
Post #12 of 121 (19936 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2006
Posts: 18730

Re: [happiegrrrl] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
You might want to post at Supertopo too. They have a guy there who does t's and he usually gets a good response when he posts his designs(though most are repro's on older climber art).

I think the Red/gold is the *right* choice since it reinforces the imagery of revolution. But I suppose black on white would work too.

I like the idea - well done. Alas I have too many climbing t's of my own....

White on black would be racist.

It looks like he had more colors/options when I looked at the site. Pretty rockin' shirt, I must say.


hafilax


Jan 7, 2010, 8:19 AM
Post #13 of 121 (19910 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

When I read the title I was imagining the clean climbing revolution so I imagined no hammers or pitons. Still a cool design.


gmggg


Jan 7, 2010, 9:50 AM
Post #14 of 121 (19884 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 25, 2009
Posts: 2099

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll take a medium. Gildan is ok... but you might get some better options if you search around, there are a few nice organics available now. But if price is your concern...


LappedDog


Jan 7, 2010, 1:10 PM
Post #15 of 121 (19849 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 7, 2010
Posts: 3

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I like the shirt. Why not use zazzle (www.zazzle.com)? You wouldn't need to bother yourself with hassles of production and predicting demand.

I am NOT associated with zazzle, I just find the idea of on-demand manufacturing interesting.


kovacs69


Jan 7, 2010, 1:37 PM
Post #16 of 121 (19833 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 15, 2005
Posts: 607

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I will take one in XL.

JB


Partner happiegrrrl


Jan 7, 2010, 2:31 PM
Post #17 of 121 (19810 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2004
Posts: 4660

Re: [LappedDog] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

LappedDog wrote:
I like the shirt. Why not use zazzle (www.zazzle.com)? You wouldn't need to bother yourself with hassles of production and predicting demand.

I am NOT associated with zazzle, I just find the idea of on-demand manufacturing interesting.

He already uses a print-on-demand through cafepress. I think his reasoning was that he wanted to be able to get the item out to people at a lower cost. The P-O-D places do take a huge amount of the effort off the sellers hands, but their base price is also high.

It's possible(though offhand I think not) CT will get the same markup doing it this way.... Wait til he gets to deal with closing on the orders, getting payments, getting addresses, packaging and so on.... The shirts are worth more than $12.


hafilax


Jan 7, 2010, 2:42 PM
Post #18 of 121 (19803 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [happiegrrrl] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
LappedDog wrote:
I like the shirt. Why not use zazzle (www.zazzle.com)? You wouldn't need to bother yourself with hassles of production and predicting demand.

I am NOT associated with zazzle, I just find the idea of on-demand manufacturing interesting.

He already uses a print-on-demand through cafepress. I think his reasoning was that he wanted to be able to get the item out to people at a lower cost. The P-O-D places do take a huge amount of the effort off the sellers hands, but their base price is also high.

It's possible(though offhand I think not) CT will get the same markup doing it this way.... Wait til he gets to deal with closing on the orders, getting payments, getting addresses, packaging and so on.... The shirts are worth more than $12.
I would bet that LappedDog IS associated with zazzle.


Partner happiegrrrl


Jan 7, 2010, 3:06 PM
Post #19 of 121 (19788 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2004
Posts: 4660

Re: [hafilax] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, if that's the case and he comes back on board....Zazzle is f'in cumbersome to work with setting up designs...

Nice that a person can customize the design(increase/decrease image size, move it higher/lower, add text, etc), but from the perspective of someone(like me) who is trying to set up shops with multiple graphics....yuck. What a nightmare.


climbingtrash


Jan 7, 2010, 6:11 PM
Post #20 of 121 (19748 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [angry] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I just wish this was available when I made my Cafepress order of your other shirt. I've got a mailbox in NY that gets forwarded to me. I'll see if I can justify spending $30 on a $12 shirt.

I could charge you $30 fer the shirt and then the cost of shipping would seem worth it. Cool


climbingtrash


Jan 7, 2010, 6:17 PM
Post #21 of 121 (19743 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [zeke_sf] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:
You might want to post at Supertopo too. They have a guy there who does t's and he usually gets a good response when he posts his designs(though most are repro's on older climber art).

I think the Red/gold is the *right* choice since it reinforces the imagery of revolution. But I suppose black on white would work too.

I like the idea - well done. Alas I have too many climbing t's of my own....

White on black would be racist.

It looks like he had more colors/options when I looked at the site. Pretty rockin' shirt, I must say.

Yeah, there are more color options on my cafepress site. The only reason I decided to screen print this was because with it only being a single color it keeps the cost of printing the shirt within reason.


climbingtrash


Jan 8, 2010, 5:39 AM
Post #22 of 121 (19710 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [gmggg] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:
I'll take a medium. Gildan is ok... but you might get some better options if you search around, there are a few nice organics available now. But if price is your concern...

Yeah, I know there are better shirts out there but cost was the deciding factor. Unsure


dingus


Jan 8, 2010, 5:45 AM
Post #23 of 121 (19706 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17398

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

I don't like your advertisement on the shirt. I won't pay you to be your walking billboard. Tell you what - you GIVE me the shirt and YOU pay shipping and THEN I will be your walking billboard.

K?

DMT


dbogardus


Jan 8, 2010, 6:37 AM
Post #24 of 121 (19692 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Posts: 148

Re: [dingus] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I agree. Take that website off and put me down for a medium.

...maybe for a cheaper price I'd stoop to being a tool and advertise for you.


blueeyedclimber


Jan 8, 2010, 6:43 AM
Post #25 of 121 (19689 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4602

Re: [climbingtrash] Climbing Revolution T-shirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I like the design and I like the colors, but I am hesitant to buy shirts off the internet anymore. I just don't know what size I am anymore. It used to be medium, but now I take a small in many brands. I guess since everyone is getting bigger they are just making the sizes bigger.

Josh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook