Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sepulker

Jan 11, 2010, 2:37 AM
Post #26 of 68 (7475 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
seatbeltpants wrote:
sepulker wrote:
OK. Sorry i don't want nasty callused up hands when i engage in sexual activity with my boyfriend.

have you checked whether he'd prefer you to have man hands when you engage in sexual activity?

clearly he wants me as feminine as possible.

He sounds rather overbearing. Does he make you clean his dishes?

how can a man who wants to help me recover from awful muscle pain and spasming (in my back due to invasive surgery) through a fun physical activity be overbearing???? He's not overbearing in the least bit and I dont want my hands to look like tree bark and since i enjoy the sport, is it really that hard to understand???? are they any women on this site? Aside from a few helpful posts it seems like rock climbers on here are a bunch of tools.

And no we have a dishwasher asshole.

johnwesely

Jan 11, 2010, 2:44 AM
Post #27 of 68 (7471 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sepulker] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
seatbeltpants wrote:
sepulker wrote:
OK. Sorry i don't want nasty callused up hands when i engage in sexual activity with my boyfriend.

have you checked whether he'd prefer you to have man hands when you engage in sexual activity?

how can a man who wants to help me recover from awful muscle pain and spasming (in my back due to invasive surgery) through a fun physical activity be overbearing???? He's not overbearing in the least bit and I dont want my hands to look like tree bark and since i enjoy the sport, is it really that hard to understand???? are they any women on this site? Aside from a few helpful posts it seems like rock climbers on here are a bunch of tools.

Lots of women climb. I have seen them do it. If you don't enjoy it enough to do it with your hands, then you don't really enjoy it. I am a tool. That is why I have no friends. However, being an elitist tool is a whole lot of fun. You should try it sometime. It might help you lighten up.

Please answer my question. Who does the dishes?

sepulker

Jan 11, 2010, 2:44 AM
Post #28 of 68 (7470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
are have been presented

Seriously? What does that even mean?

sepulker

Jan 11, 2010, 2:46 AM
Post #29 of 68 (7467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
seatbeltpants wrote:
sepulker wrote:

Lots of women climb. I have seen them do it. If you don't enjoy it enough to do it with your hands, then you don't really enjoy it. I am a tool. That is why I have no friends. However, being an elitist tool is a whole lot of fun. You should try it sometime. It might help you lighten up.

johnwesely

Jan 11, 2010, 2:48 AM
Post #30 of 68 (7460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
seatbeltpants wrote:
sepulker wrote:

Who loads it? Who takes the dishes out? I have a dishwasher too, and last time I checked, it did not load itself. However, I may be mistaken.

sepulker

Jan 11, 2010, 2:50 AM
Post #31 of 68 (7456 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sepulker wrote:
seatbeltpants wrote:
sepulker wrote:

Who loads it? Who takes the dishes out? I have a dishwasher too, and last time I checked, it did not load itself. However, I may be mistaken.

You are.

kriso9tails

Jan 11, 2010, 2:54 AM
Post #32 of 68 (7449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
In reply to:
are have been presented

Seriously? What does that even mean?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. It's a typographical error. I changed the wording and forgot to delete a word. It should read, "Even so, the answers you asked for have been presented...".

I hope that clears things up for you; I know these things can be tricky for some people.

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Jan 11, 2010, 2:58 AM)

johnwesely

Jan 11, 2010, 2:56 AM
Post #33 of 68 (7446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:

You are.

Now, I know you are a troll, but you cannot expect me to believe that your dishwasher loads itself.

What about vacuuming the floors?
What about making sandwiches?

jakedatc

Jan 11, 2010, 3:35 AM
Post #34 of 68 (7433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
OK. Sorry i don't want nasty callused up hands when i engage in sexual activity with my boyfriend. I live with him and we have a bouldering cave in our bedroom so it isnt about hanging out with him. I see him every day. He wants to help me fix my back problems and he is skilled at bouldering so why should i pay for yoga? or some other lame activity if i like climbing AND just dont want to have my hands look like a dudes. I just figured maybe someone would be helpful. if you dont know of anyway then dont waste mine and your time trying to sound cool.

Bouldering will not help your back problems, will probably make it worse.. is your boyfriend a medical professional? i doubt it because he is wrong.

your question has been answered. you cannot climb and wear gloves. You can use various post-climb balms like Badger balm, JTree salve, ClimbOn

My girlfriend has been climbing for over 10 years.. the past 5-6 with me on very sharp rock and has never had issues with me.

just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean they are wrong.

chrisJoosse

Jan 11, 2010, 3:36 AM
Post #35 of 68 (7431 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
It's probably not a good idea to try teaching her how to crack climb.

Unless she's down with the hand jammies. http://www.gearexpress.biz/...mp;Product_Code=3658
viola, no icky tape needed.

colatownkid

Jan 11, 2010, 3:50 AM
Post #36 of 68 (7425 views)
Shortcut

Adult Content
This post contains nudity or adult content. To protect the innocent we require that you register and turn off your Adult Content Filter to read it.

johnwesely

Jan 11, 2010, 3:56 AM
Post #37 of 68 (7422 views)
Shortcut

Re: [colatownkid] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (6 ratings)  
Can't Post

colatownkid wrote:
sepulker wrote:

colatownkid's wife says:

My husband and I are both climbers and (gasp!) my hands have calluses. My solution is simple: I just use my mouth instead. I don't think your boyfriend will complain. Wink

We have a winner.

Bats

Jan 11, 2010, 4:18 AM
Post #38 of 68 (7404 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my hands rough, it helps me to climb better. My palms are somewhat softer than my fingers. And I like to use Climb On cream afterward a day of climbing. And I am a girl...and guys dig a girl who can climb hard.

granite_grrl

Jan 11, 2010, 3:24 PM
Post #39 of 68 (7369 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
OK. Sorry i don't want nasty callused up hands when i engage in sexual activity with my boyfriend. I live with him and we have a bouldering cave in our bedroom so it isnt about hanging out with him. I see him every day. He wants to help me fix my back problems and he is skilled at bouldering so why should i pay for yoga? or some other lame activity if i like climbing AND just dont want to have my hands look like a dudes. I just figured maybe someone would be helpful. if you dont know of anyway then dont waste mine and your time trying to sound cool.
So you're saying that your boyfriend isn't actually a climber either.

In my last year of university I dated this guy I was totally in puppy love with. He would complain how rough my hands were sometimes. Anyway, before I graduated I broke up with him and then went on a roadtrip.

On said trip I met this guy who I shacked up with. We laughed at my old boyfriend. When we first arrived at J-Tree I ripped my hands to shreds. He said I should take a photo and send it to the ex (which I never did, the ex wasn't a bad guy, just bad for me).

I'm now married to the guy I met on that road trip. I think he loves me more for my rough hands.

granite_grrl

Jan 11, 2010, 3:35 PM
Post #40 of 68 (7357 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
sepulker wrote:

In my last year of university I dated this guy I was totally in puppy love with. He would complain how rough my hands were sometimes. Anyway, before I graduated I broke up with him and then went on a roadtrip.

On said trip I met this guy who I shacked up with. We laughed at my old boyfriend. When we first arrived at J-Tree I ripped my hands to shreds. He said I should take a photo and send it to the ex (which I never did, the ex wasn't a bad guy, just bad for me).

I'm now married to the guy I met on that road trip. I think he loves me more for my rough hands.
My story was way too sappy.

What it should have read was: Suck it up Princess!

lena_chita

Jan 11, 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #41 of 68 (7342 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
sepulker wrote:

You took the words out of my mouth.

Climber guys generally do not find a girl with climber hands (and body) repulsive. In fact, the opposite...

Sepulker-- your bf's hands are not a problem for you during sex, right? So why would your hands be a problem? or does he not touch you with HIS calused hands? Or are his hands not calused-- hece he isn't a climber himself?Crazy

A JT/Climb-On/badger balm/Burt's bee-type skin lotion after climbing keeps the hands reasonably soft and in my experience does not interfere with sexual activities in any way.

And of course you don't climb with your mouth... using it occasionally to hold the rope while clipping does not develop any lip caluses, so you are quite safe there.

sungam

Jan 11, 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #42 of 68 (7342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
pay for yoga?
wtf?Pirate
Edit to add - what GG said.

(This post was edited by sungam on Jan 11, 2010, 4:15 PM)

shockabuku

Jan 11, 2010, 4:18 PM
Post #43 of 68 (7327 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
sepulker wrote:

Bouldering will not help your back problems, will probably make it worse.. is your boyfriend a medical professional? i doubt it because he is wrong.

your question has been answered. you cannot climb and wear gloves. You can use various post-climb balms like Badger balm, JTree salve, ClimbOn

My girlfriend has been climbing for over 10 years.. the past 5-6 with me on very sharp rock and has never had issues with me.

Climbing helps my back problems.

But then, I don't have to load a dishwasher either.

Or wash the dishes.

Though I do occasionally have to wash my water bottle.

jakedatc

Jan 11, 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #44 of 68 (7306 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
sepulker wrote:

Climbing helps my back problems.

But then, I don't have to load a dishwasher either.

Or wash the dishes.

Though I do occasionally have to wash my water bottle.

depends what is wrong i suppose.. but i could see hard pulling and subsequent falling during bouldering being bad for a bad back until it is rehab'd correctly.

kriso9tails

Jan 11, 2010, 5:05 PM
Post #45 of 68 (7303 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
sepulker wrote:
pay for yoga?
wtf?Pirate

Your boyfriend in university complained about your rough hands?

Partner angry

Jan 11, 2010, 5:17 PM
Post #46 of 68 (7292 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
sungam wrote:
sepulker wrote:
pay for yoga?
wtf?Pirate

I have a very tender shaft.

Edited to add; what I meant to say was that if rough hands really bothered climbers, then climbers would never play with themselves, and I'm pretty sure that aside from me, lots of climbers play with themselves.

(This post was edited by angry on Jan 11, 2010, 5:26 PM)

boymeetsrock

Jan 11, 2010, 5:28 PM
Post #47 of 68 (7281 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Gloves to keep my hands soft and pretty [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
kriso9tails wrote:
sungam wrote:
sepulker wrote:
pay for yoga?
wtf?Pirate

I have a very tender shaft.

Edited to add; what I meant to say was that if rough hands really bothered climbers, then climbers would never play with themselves, and I'm pretty sure that aside from me, lots of climbers play with themselves.

So you admit to being Mangus' bitch?

boymeetsrock

Jan 11, 2010, 5:29 PM
Post #48 of 68 (7279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sepulker,

You could give these a try:

chrisJoosse

Jan 11, 2010, 7:44 PM
Post #49 of 68 (7223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sepulker wrote:
I just figured maybe someone would be helpful.
With respect, I suspect that the reason you're not feeling very helped is that you've shown no interest in participating in the process of looking at your assumptions and requirements. Instead, you got prickly when people followed up with questions. This makes you nearly impossible to help and lots of fun to jerk around.

It's as though you asked how to be fit and healthy, 'but without having to be sweaty or gross or have to exercise or eat vegetables'- when the question doesn't make sense, that's a fairly clear signal that the wrong question has been asked, or that in order to help, it's necessary to better understand what your requirements and assumptions really are. Until then, all that's possible is... well, this thread.

sepulker wrote:
He wants to help me fix my back problems and he is skilled at bouldering so why should i pay for yoga?
I have no doubt he wants to help, but skill at bouldering does not mean skill at physical therapy. If you want PT, you should talk to someone knowledgeable about that, and work out something appropriate for your injury. (that would also apply, btw, to any activity- yoga included).

If you're seriously open to suggestions, don't worry about your hands, they and you will be fine. Talk to a physical therapist before doing physical therapy. Climb to have fun.

qtm

Jan 11, 2010, 9:11 PM
Post #50 of 68 (7186 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's the problem. Stop using the dishwasher and do the dishes by hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzmTtusvjR4

"Softens hands while you do the dishes!"

edited to make clicky.

(This post was edited by qtm on Jan 11, 2010, 9:13 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook