RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

ClimbitToday

Jan 19, 2010, 2:23 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2830 views)
Shortcut

My friend has Cancer
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Recently my friend Stacy was diagnosed with breast cancer and is going to have to have a mastectomy. She is only 42 and fit and is looking for other women that have been through or are going through a similar experience.

If you know of any groups or information that might be of help for her please contact me through this forum or e-mail me at samsondog31@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Jon

kriso9tails

Jan 19, 2010, 8:28 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbitToday] My friend has Cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's an article in Rock and Ice (Issue 178) on a friend of mine (and just genuinely decent human being) who went through breast cancer not too long ago.

link to the article

Really, I have no idea what the experience is like, so I'm not the person to give reassurances or anything, but I can say that the people I know who have come out on the other side of various cancers (especially Jany) are still cranking hard and are as full of life and positive energy as they ever were. I wish all the best for Stacy, and hope that she has plenty of loved ones to help see her through.

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Jan 19, 2010, 8:50 PM)

gblauer

Jan 20, 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All the best to Stacy. She will be in my prayers.

obsessed

Jan 20, 2010, 3:22 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ClimbitToday wrote:
Recently my friend Stacy was diagnosed with breast cancer and is going to have to have a mastectomy. She is only 42 and fit and is looking for other women that have been through or are going through a similar experience.

If you know of any groups or information that might be of help for her please contact me through this forum or e-mail me at samsondog31@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon,
I will be sending Stacy an email and posting to her in the thread she started as I have first hand experience with her situation. I just wanted to let you know that the support you have already shown, by posting this for her, will help her greatly. Your continued support and encouragement will go a long way in helping her recovery. Make sure you continue to climb with her and sometimes push her when she is ready and may need that. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

mitchy

Jan 20, 2010, 6:30 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work with a couple of women that have had mastectomies a few years ago, and both are back the same as before. They are not climbers, one is an avid golfer and the other is always going fishing on her hubbies boat, catching enormous fish. Neither of them have spoken of any difficulty as a result of their surgery... Thoughts and prayers are with your friend...

obsessed

Jan 20, 2010, 6:39 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2721 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] My friend has Cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
There's an article in Rock and Ice (Issue 178) on a friend of mine (and just genuinely decent human being) who went through breast cancer not too long ago.

link to the article

Really, I have no idea what the experience is like, so I'm not the person to give reassurances or anything, but I can say that the people I know who have come out on the other side of various cancers (especially Jany) are still cranking hard and are as full of life and positive energy as they ever were. I wish all the best for Stacy, and hope that she has plenty of loved ones to help see her through.
Jany is an amazing woman and truly an inspiration.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook