RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

dief

Feb 5, 2010, 3:56 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1554 views)
Shortcut

Pinnacle Peak - Scottsdale AZ
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I talked with Pinnacle Peak Park staff yesterday. They are having problems with climbers not leaving the park before closing - especially on the weekends. By management rules they have to stay until everyone is out of the park. Not only is this inconvenient for the staff it also has the potential to put a strain on the park's already tight budget. The staff are getting very frustrated with the apparent lack of cooperation by some climbers.

Pinnacle Peak is a great place to climb. Please don't mess it up because you can't seem to realize that the park closes when that big bright yellow ball in the sky hits the horizon. When in doubt get out of the park early and hit Greesewood Flats for a brew.

zeke_sf

Feb 5, 2010, 4:11 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1549 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dief] Pinnacle Peak - Scottsdale AZ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In one sense, I really don't like the artificiality of those rules, treating us like patrons at a fun park. But I know the history is one where we are in some other ways lucky to have gained that resource back from the rich d-bags whose homes encircle the reserve. Please get off the mountain so the small minds don't have the reason they may be looking for to make our world smaller.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook