Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

hugepedro

Apr 28, 2010, 6:09 PM
Post #126 of 146 (3389 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Oh wait, that's right, I was just saving weight by leaving behind an entire 60 meters (200 feet? Dingus, please do the conversion for me) of rope!

Beat that HugePedro!

GWink

Excellent form, my man. Excellent. You have my esteem. I'll save a few honeys for you.

dingus

Apr 28, 2010, 6:48 PM
Post #127 of 146 (3367 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hugepedro] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Oh wait, that's right, I was just saving weight by leaving behind an entire 60 meters (200 feet? Dingus, please do the conversion for me) of rope!

Beat that HugePedro!

GWink

Excellent form, my man. Excellent. You have my esteem. I'll save a few honeys for you.

SIXTY!

DMT

hugepedro

Apr 28, 2010, 6:52 PM
Post #128 of 146 (3365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
cracklover wrote:

Beat that HugePedro!

GWink

SIXTY!

DMT

Sixty honeys? No problem. That is a mere few out of the numbers of honeys I'm gettin.

dingus

Apr 28, 2010, 6:58 PM
Post #129 of 146 (3359 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hugepedro] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

And all of em named Rosey!

What a coincidence.

DMT

edge

Apr 28, 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #130 of 146 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
And all of em named Rosey!

What a coincidence.

DMT

Ha!

Last name?

hugepedro

Apr 28, 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #131 of 146 (3343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

She prefers to be called Tyfanni.

Partner cracklover

Apr 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
Post #132 of 146 (3324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
dingus wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
cracklover wrote:

Beat that HugePedro!

GWink

SIXTY!

DMT

Sixty honeys? No problem. That is a mere few out of the numbers of honeys I'm gettin.

Sixty honeys? Hmm... I thought he was answering my conversion conundrum - sixty feet. Although sixty feet = sixty meters doesn't make all that much sense either. Oh well.

Oh, and back on topic: "safety hitch" bwahahahaha! What a perfectly rc.com name for clipping in with a daisy.

GLaugh

hugepedro

Apr 28, 2010, 8:17 PM
Post #133 of 146 (3314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Sixty honeys? Hmm... I thought he was answering my conversion conundrum

He prolly was, but, I see no reason not to bring up all my honeys anyway. Just in case you guys forgot.

wallwombat

Apr 28, 2010, 9:18 PM
Post #134 of 146 (3306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
wallwombat wrote:
That was 45 minutes of my life that I will NEVER get back.

Unsure

Shutup, n00b!!!!11

Is this where I'm supposed to go,

noob? YOU CALLED ME A NOOB?

My scrotum has been climbing longer than you......blah, blah, blah....... I'm so experienced........blah, blah, blah....I was climbing blah, blah, blah before you were blah, blah....I used to own a pair of Scarpa Superatz....blah blah blah......I tie in at belays with my wee wee....blah, blah, blah....

....Well, I can't be bothered. Unimpressed

(This post was edited by wallwombat on Apr 28, 2010, 9:20 PM)

hugepedro

Apr 28, 2010, 9:52 PM
Post #135 of 146 (3290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wallwombat] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I might borrow that scrotum line from time to time. Hope you don't mind.

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #136 of 146 (3260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Well, if you have no means to tie into the anchor, other than the rope, then you are also carrying something that serves only a single, specialized purpose - that 4-8 feet of rope (which is way heavier than my rig).

huh? if you and I climb the same pitch, and I tie in with the rope, and you tie in with a PAS, then how is it that I'm carrying more? Cause, like, this isn't making any sense.

Or, T0

Because Pedro is so bad at making sense, I will try to explain. His point, at least I think, is that his system allows him to use twin ropes instead of bringing up a second rope for rappels, thus saving weight. However, I may be completely mistaken.

I climb with doubles.

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #137 of 146 (3258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Well, if you have no means to tie into the anchor, other than the rope, then you are also carrying something that serves only a single, specialized purpose - that 4-8 feet of rope (which is way heavier than my rig).

huh? if you and I climb the same pitch, and I tie in with the rope, and you tie in with a PAS, then how is it that I'm carrying more? Cause, like, this isn't making any sense.

Or, T0

Well we aren’t climbing the same pitches. I’m climbing longer ones than you because of the constraints of your system. I’m pwning you and gettin all the honeys.

Again, someone was mocking my degree of “weight naziness” because I carry an “extra” 3 ounces. This was a hypothetical comparison to demonstrate that my system is actually lighter on a weight per useful length of rope basis (and probably lighter overall if they are doing routes that require full length rappels and aren’t using twins or a skinnier rap cord).

Try re-reading some of the posts, and if you still don’t get it then I probably can’t help you.

Oh, I read them just fine thanks. [rolls eyes]

johnwesely

Apr 29, 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #138 of 146 (3255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

Because Pedro is so bad at making sense, I will try to explain. His point, at least I think, is that his system allows him to use twin ropes instead of bringing up a second rope for rappels, thus saving weight. However, I may be completely mistaken.

I climb with doubles.

Pedro thinks it is easier with his purcells.

(This post was edited by johnwesely on Apr 29, 2010, 11:52 AM)

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #139 of 146 (3234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

actually, I think he's saying he jugs as the second.

johnwesely

Apr 29, 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #140 of 146 (3229 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Safety Sling, Girth-hitch to tie ins or belay loop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

actually, I think he's saying he jugs as the second.

Whatever helps him get the honeys.

hugepedro

Apr 29, 2010, 3:44 PM
Post #141 of 146 (3204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

I've come to the considered opinion that you are a dumbass.

hugepedro

Apr 29, 2010, 3:50 PM
Post #142 of 146 (3199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
Whatever helps him get the honeys.

Now you're learning.

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2010, 3:52 PM
Post #143 of 146 (3196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

that's all right, you were a little slow in making the assumption mutual.

hugepedro

Apr 29, 2010, 4:01 PM
Post #144 of 146 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

Dude, how do you even have time to post? Aren't you getting behind on your rope flaking?

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2010, 4:13 PM
Post #145 of 146 (3181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

Dude, how do you even have time to post? Aren't you getting behind on your rope flaking?

I was, but then I realized I don't need it.

hugepedro

Apr 29, 2010, 4:34 PM
Post #146 of 146 (3155 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hugepedro wrote:

Or, T0

I climb with doubles.

I was, but then I realized I don't need it.

Hahaha! Sweet! It's always a good day when you realize you will have more time to post on rc.com. From here on it's post count+++++ for you!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook