RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

nire

May 20, 2010, 7:32 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2744 views)
Shortcut

Montrail Zealots?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I haven't climbed in about 4 years due to a pinched nerve in my foot from climbing in too tight shoes (I thought I was being hardcore). I recently started climbing again using the same (too small) shoes. While I realized I do miss climbing I really need to get new (bigger) shoes since my nerve is already starting to bother me but I don't k:now if it is from climbing in general or the shoes. So, I want an inexpensive shoe to see if I can still climb painfree in bigger shoes. I saw the Montrail Zealot but I couldn't tell if they were men's or women's. Any ladies climbing in these? What do you think of the sizing (what is your streetshoe and what size are you climbing in)?
Any and all suggestions/comments welcome

granite_grrl

May 20, 2010, 9:25 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nire] Montrail Zealots? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So do you now need to keep your shoes a little looser (meaning looser than many climbers would bother wearing)? It would be best if you went to try on shoes, a good fitting shoe can be worn in a larger size without slop, but if it's not a good fit for your foot they'll be super sloppy.

Partner macherry

May 20, 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Montrail Zealots? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i think the montrail zealots are out of production. my husband climbed in them for a while, the shoes didn't last a season

carabiner96

May 20, 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nire wrote:
I haven't climbed in about 4 years due to a pinched nerve in my foot from climbing in too tight shoes (I thought I was being hardcore). I recently started climbing again using the same (too small) shoes. While I realized I do miss climbing I really need to get new (bigger) shoes since my nerve is already starting to bother me but I don't k:now if it is from climbing in general or the shoes. So, I want an inexpensive shoe to see if I can still climb painfree in bigger shoes. I saw the Montrail Zealot but I couldn't tell if they were men's or women's. Any ladies climbing in these? What do you think of the sizing (what is your streetshoe and what size are you climbing in)?
Any and all suggestions/comments welcome

I got them from SAC for a steal a while ago and wasn't impressed. Might really want leather so it has a shot at stretching to accommodate your foot shape.

nire

May 21, 2010, 6:52 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2692 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Montrail Zealots? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think I need them sloppy, just a good fit and not overly tight. I originally went with the suggestion to get climbing shoes 2 sizes smaller than street shoes...which now I can say is bad advice, but it is too late. However I still don't know if any shoe will work or if just climbing on it will be aggravation enough. So I don't want to spend a much on shoes since I don't know if I can continue to climb.

clee03m

May 23, 2010, 7:07 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What about trying shoes that are known for comfort like La Sportiva Mythos? They apparently stretch to nicely fit your feet. I know they are expensive, but I have a climbing partner who can wear them for all day climbs as well as aggressive climbs. Good luck. I really hope you can continue to climb...

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook