Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

climbgoon

May 26, 2010, 1:56 AM
Post #101 of 124 (3002 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rudmin] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Another thought is to Belay directly off the anchor master point which separates you from the fall. This also makes it more efficient to escape the belay and assist your partner in a emergency.Also there is numerous belay devices from a gri -gri to a bd-guide atc that will assist your belay and can be locked off to help you manage the belay . Just a thought, Barry O

meanandugly

May 26, 2010, 3:26 AM
Post #102 of 124 (2984 views)
Shortcut

Re: [NEGuiding] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Obviously you did not understand what I was saying, or you just thought you would just put your own spin on it. But thanks for your input and insults, I am sure they reflect positively on the professionalism of you company.

guangzhou

May 26, 2010, 3:35 AM
Post #103 of 124 (2971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meanandugly] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meanandugly wrote:
Obviously you did not understand what I was saying, or you just thought you would just put your own spin on it. But thanks for your input and insults, I am sure they reflect positively on the professionalism of you company.

Wow, your comment caused him to delete his post. Guess he so professional that he can't even stand by what he post.

carabiner96

May 26, 2010, 3:50 AM
Post #104 of 124 (2960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
meanandugly wrote:

Wow, your comment caused him to delete his post. Guess he so professional that he can't even stand by what he post.

Please tell me I'm correct in recalling NEGuiding as the 'business' that had that blonde chick 'guide' get fired for posting party pics on her FB account that was linked in her guide bio, then the interwebs exploded?

guangzhou

May 26, 2010, 7:20 AM
Post #105 of 124 (2936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
meanandugly wrote:

Please tell me I'm correct in recalling NEGuiding as the 'business' that had that blonde chick 'guide' get fired for posting party pics on her FB account that was linked in her guide bio, then the interwebs exploded?

Not 100% sure, but yes, I think so. A strange outfit in every sense of the word.

zeke_sf

May 26, 2010, 9:44 AM
Post #106 of 124 (2929 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
As for hanging from a clove hitch, how do you do this when cleaning a sport route.

Personal Anchor Rope.

guangzhou

May 27, 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #107 of 124 (2857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
As for hanging from a clove hitch, how do you do this when cleaning a sport route.

Personal Anchor Rope.

I don't understand. Using a word to describe something does not good.

To clear a belay station when cleaning a sport route, you need to untie from the rope. How do you hang from a clove hitch if you are not tied into the rope that is cloved.

milesenoell

May 27, 2010, 1:03 AM
Post #108 of 124 (2844 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
meanandugly wrote:

Self deleted posts are tagged as such. Looks like the mods decided to remove those posts.

majid_sabet

May 27, 2010, 1:18 AM
Post #109 of 124 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
meanandugly wrote:

interesting so what was the reason ?

acorneau

May 27, 2010, 1:26 AM
Post #110 of 124 (2827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [milesenoell] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

milesenoell wrote:
Self deleted posts are tagged as such. Looks like the mods decided to remove those posts.

Check again... they say "Post deleted by NEGuiding".

adatesman

May 27, 2010, 1:47 AM
Post #111 of 124 (2819 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by adatesman [In reply to]
Report this Post

milesenoell

May 27, 2010, 2:22 AM
Post #112 of 124 (2805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
milesenoell wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
meanandugly wrote:

Posts deleted by a mod either disappear into the ether (when deleted) or drop into the Recycle Bin (when recycled), so given that I still see a post here there (marked as having been deleted) it looks like the user opted to delete it.

Oops.

milesenoell

May 27, 2010, 2:22 AM
Post #113 of 124 (2804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

acorneau wrote:
milesenoell wrote:

Check again... they say "Post deleted by NEGuiding".

So they do. My mistake.

adatesman

May 27, 2010, 2:28 AM
Post #114 of 124 (2794 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by adatesman [In reply to]
Report this Post

suilenroc

May 27, 2010, 3:44 AM
Post #115 of 124 (2778 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

blah blah blah, none of this is worth anything... glade i quite posting on this site! its fun reading you all's b.s. keep it up. I'm out, again!

chadnsc

May 27, 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #116 of 124 (2745 views)
Shortcut

Re: [suilenroc] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

suilenroc wrote:
blah blah blah, none of this is worth anything... glade i quite posting on this site! its fun reading you all's b.s. keep it up. I'm out, again!

Your troll skills are weak youngling. Practice more you must.

zeke_sf

May 27, 2010, 1:19 PM
Post #117 of 124 (2735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Personal Anchor Rope.

To clear a belay station when cleaning a sport route, you need to untie from the rope. How do you hang from a clove hitch if you are not tied into the rope that is cloved.

I was thinking one could tie into a five foot length of rope in addition to the climbing rope, thus maintaining the sanctity of the clove.

dingus

May 27, 2010, 1:39 PM
Post #118 of 124 (2727 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Personal Anchor Rope.

I was thinking one could tie into a five foot length of rope in addition to the climbing rope, thus maintaining the sanctity of the clove.

Here's a way to do it....

climb to the anchor, clove in. Tie a 2nd clove to the other bolt of you wish. Now, take a bight of the rope leading back down to the belayer and pass it through the anchor. Once through, tie a fig 8 on a bight and use a locker to fix that bight to your belay loop.

Make sure all that looks solid, yo? Good to go? Have the belayer pull the rope up tight... if you were tidy in your task the fig 8 bight is now holding your weight.

Untie the end of the rope, from your harness, untie the cloves, and lower off mate.

Presto quicko. I prefer to use a harness sling but I reckon it would only take 2 seconds more to do without.

Notice using this method I am never untied from the rope, at any point during the climb or the lower off.

DMT

redlude97

May 27, 2010, 2:01 PM
Post #119 of 124 (2716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Personal Anchor Rope.

climb to the anchor, clove in. Tie a 2nd clove to the other bolt of you wish. Now, take a bight of the rope leading back down to the belayer and pass it through the anchor. Once through, tie a fig 8 on a bight and use a locker to fix that bight to your belay loop.

Make sure all that looks solid, yo? Good to go? Have the belayer pull the rope up tight... if you were tidy in your task the fig 8 bight is now holding your weight.

Untie the end of the rope, from your harness, untie the cloves, and lower off mate.

Presto quicko. I prefer to use a harness sling but I reckon it would only take 2 seconds more to do without.

Notice using this method I am never untied from the rope, at any point during the climb or the lower off.

DMT
This would only work if you can pass a bight through the anchor, which in my experience would be hard/impossible with some chain anchors and 10+mm ropes

dingus

May 27, 2010, 2:20 PM
Post #120 of 124 (2707 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redlude97] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

redlude97 wrote:
dingus wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Personal Anchor Rope.

DMT
This would only work if you can pass a bight through the anchor, which in my experience would be hard/impossible with some chain anchors and 10+mm ropes

Yes, it can be that way. In my (sport) experience it is easy and common, with a 10+mm rope.

The man asked for a way to do it and I provided. I do the bight through the anchor thing on greater than 50% of sport lower offs.

DMT

zeke_sf

May 27, 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #121 of 124 (2667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
redlude97 wrote:
dingus wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Personal Anchor Rope.

DMT

Yes, it can be that way. In my (sport) experience it is easy and common, with a 10+mm rope.

The man asked for a way to do it and I provided. I do the bight through the anchor thing on greater than 50% of sport lower offs.

DMT

I was just being retarded on purpose with my suggestion. I might try yours in the future, although I usually just go in static.

The best suggestion to cleaning routes is a dedicated second, but that typically involves a violation of the first rule of sport climbing.

deltav

May 28, 2010, 1:26 AM
Post #122 of 124 (2641 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rudmin] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not just tie in with the rope or use a 48" sling?

justroberto

May 28, 2010, 4:59 AM
Post #123 of 124 (2592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deltav] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

deltav wrote:
Why not just tie in with the rope or use a 48" sling?
I think my head just exploded.

dan2see

May 28, 2010, 5:24 AM
Post #124 of 124 (2581 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] Daisy chain for personal anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I presume you're talking about 2-bolt belay stations.

Well! I always clip myself to the bolt with a sling or draw, and I make sure my biner is beneath any other gear already there. Using a sling or draw, I always know I'm safe. Then, if I'm going to hang around for a while, I'll find a way to clip to the second bolt.

This method is safe and simple, and fool-proof. Fool-proof means that I'll double-check the set-up before doing anything else.

Then, when I'm ready to leave, I simply undo everything I can grab (except for my personal clip, which is on the bottom). When I'm belay, I simply undo my own anchor, and climb.

My strategy is so simple and secure that it's hard to understand why anyone would use uncertified gear, or technical knots, or some kind of tricks.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook