Premier Sponsor:

CDNSI

Jun 3, 2010, 3:06 AM
Post #1 of 1 (2650 views)
Shortcut

In Memory Of Michael Nimitsil
Report this Post
Can't Post

[reply]This is tough for me to accept and I will try to express the thoughts of my heart.

Michael Nimitsil was a very good friend who moved to Argentina in 2007. He decided to train to climb the Aconcagua. Unfortunately the mountain claimed his
life. He was not an experienced mountaineer and he knew about safety, efforts are to be commended. "Good job Mike".

Before Michael died, reports were that people were on the mountain that saw him. One even saw him in a bit of distress. This is the cell phone age so that person should have called for help. Instead he walked away. On December 5,2009 Michael was found dead on or near the summit. All of his climbing gear, warm clothing, cameras and his net book were all gone.

I read an article in a popular Argentinean Newspaper on line that talked of Mike and his death. They made no mention of what the cause of death was. It seemed that focus was on the negativity, in the article I was under the impression that the authorities and the people that saw Michael there were more interested in reserving the integrity of the mountain and not Michael's life.

Michael lay on the mountain foe 16days after his death. In the article I read was conflicting to what testimonies were from people who saw Michael alive. Why should there be so much mystery surrounding the death of an American. What does the Argentinean authorities want to cover up?[/reply]

Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook