RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

teleturn

Jun 4, 2010, 3:31 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2081 views)
Shortcut

Edmonton Climb Partnrer
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi
I'm Looking to get into climbing. I work ahift work so I have tons of time off. Looking to find people to climb with. I am BRAND new so looking for experience or someone to learn with.

summerprophet

Jun 4, 2010, 5:34 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [teleturn] Edmonton Climb Partnrer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there,

Your best bet would be to post a note on the board at MEC (either in the store or online) or try to hook up with climbers at a climbing gym there.

uni_jim

Jun 4, 2010, 5:51 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2056 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summerprophet] Edmonton Climb Partnrer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, man. Shoot me a PM and I can try to hook you up with some partners who are all safe and very talented climbers.

clews

Jun 4, 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [teleturn] Edmonton Climb Partnrer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if i would bother posting on the MEC board... I don't think that would be too effective.

Posting here probably isn't your best bet either. There's a few edmonton guys who post here but not too many.

Best idea is to start going to a gym and hopefully meet some people there who will take you out. Unfortunately the University wall is closed for the next month or so but VIRG or Climb Edmonton will do for now. At least you can take some belay courses there and learn a bit before you go outdoors with people you don't know.

It might be hard to find someone to take you out and teach you the ropes this summer... Pretty short season here and we havn't been getting great weather so when it's nice I certainly wouldn't want to waste a day taking a n00b out. Also there isn't much of a gym scene during the summer and might be hard to get to know people. Once the snow starts to fly you'll see a lot more outdoor climbers in the gyms and you'll eventually get to know enough people over the winter that you'll be good to go once the snow melts.

Good luck finding a climbing partner!

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook