RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

celticelement

Mar 4, 2003, 1:03 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1060 views)
Shortcut

TR Climbing, East TN, West NC, South-West VA: Need Info
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am going to be traveling down south this week. I want to be able to TR while I am down there. The routs database is not overly packed with suggested TR sites. So, I would really appreciate some help in locating some good climbs.

I will have a couple of days in the tri-cities region of TN, right between Kingsport and Johnson City. While I am in this region I would like to take my smaller brothers climbing so I would like simple sites to get to, that can provide a couple climbs from 5.3 (is there such a thing?) to 5.6 climbs for them.

I will then have another day in that same region when I will be looking for a TR day with 5.6-5.8 ish climbs.

Then I will have to head towards Greenville SC and I would like to get another day of climbing (5.6-5.8) in on the way down, in the western NC region.

Then I will have a couple more days coming out of Greenville heading back north. I will be able to loiter a bit more and would be looking for some more 5.6-5.8ers in the Ashville and/or tri-cities general area.

I have lots of family and friends down there, so I will have plenty of places to stay all around in there. I just have about zero climbing info for the region. I would likely be able to obtain guidebooks from libraries if any of those have useful TR info. I would appreciate some insider’s tips for some climb sites and/or good guidebooks, where I can get good TR info.

Thanks in advance

huntinhoundogboy

Jul 7, 2010, 2:55 PM
Post #2 of 2 (407 views)
Shortcut

Re: [celticelement] TR Climbing, East TN, West NC, South-West VA: Need Info [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey I'm located inbetween ashville and greenvile (kinda) not far from Rumbling bald and looking glass I know a few hole inthe wall areas in saluda NC and so on, I top out with my trad at 5.8 5.9- sport leads 5.9 5.10 What are the dates you be in the areas? My names Michael Purdy. i'M always lookin for safty contious climbers, if you wanna climb hit me up. ttyl
In reply to:

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook