RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

chillmeister

Aug 1, 2010, 6:33 PM
Post #1 of 14 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm a 29 year old male just starting out. I used to go indoor climbing years ago, and earlier this summer I had a guide at peters kill. I'm not sure exactly what my ability level is yet. My guide said one of the routes I top roped would be rated 5.6, but it seemed pretty easy since the holds were big so who knows. I live in Schenectady, and I wouldn't mind giving someone a ride if it's not too far out of the way. I don't have all the gear for multi-pitch or trad since I've never done that, but I have the standard equipment for myself...rope, harness, ect. I work M-F so weekends would be best.

Docrenninger

Sep 23, 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #2 of 14 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chillmeister] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey just moved to syracuse looking to go climbing...get back to me we should get in contact
In reply to:

chillmeister

Sep 23, 2010, 8:09 PM
Post #3 of 14 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Docrenninger] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I’m taking a class this Sunday for setting up top rope anchors. I’m free the following weekend (oct 2-3) if you want to do something then. Can you lead trad? My highest rated climb so far was a top-roped 5.5 in the traps. It was easy. I’m sure I could follow anything 5.5 or under in the Gunks. Otherwise we could set up some top ropes at Peter’s Kill or Little Falls.
Kevin

afreeclimmber

Nov 9, 2010, 3:08 PM
Post #4 of 14 (3333 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chillmeister] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a small group of CNY climbers that get out together often. Newcomers are always welcome. Friday Nov. 12 two of us are going to Bald Mt. Temps and weather looks good, all levels are welcome to join us. We mostly climb trad with many years experience, and have mucho extra gear.

brian9

Nov 9, 2010, 7:24 PM
Post #5 of 14 (3309 views)
Shortcut

Re: [afreeclimmber] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you guys do any alpine climbing in the adk's? I would be interested in doing some high peaks this winter. Let me know your thoughts.

best,

Brian

afreeclimmber

Nov 9, 2010, 9:54 PM
Post #6 of 14 (3296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brian9] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Brian9. Yes some of us do alpine climbing also, and likewise welcome anyone who has the endurance to hang with us. Maybe going after Wallface this winter as we did it this summer.

brian9

Nov 10, 2010, 1:04 AM
Post #7 of 14 (3283 views)
Shortcut

Re: [afreeclimmber] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Olk. Sounds good. Keep us posted if your group puts anything together this winter.
Thanks.
Best,
Brian

chillmeister

Nov 10, 2010, 1:37 AM
Post #8 of 14 (3281 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish I could come, but I work on Friday. Whenever you're doing something on Saturday or Sunday let me know.

Is your group Adirondack Adventure Club? I'm curious because somebody from there contacted me almost simultaneously with your first post.

afreeclimmber

Nov 10, 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #9 of 14 (3270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No we have no official group affiliation. Just a friendly group of climbers at all levels and ages who have an email chain and put together a trip nearly once a week. FYI Saturday the 13th weather looks good too, so there may be a larger group of us meeting at Little Falls. Let me know if your interested perhaps you can meet up with us.

imhavingthemostfun

Nov 10, 2010, 2:45 PM
Post #10 of 14 (3264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Schenectady and am always looking for new partners.

I'm also looking to get out on Saturday this weekend as well, so if you'll be in Little Falls let me know. I'm willing to carpool if someone needs a ride.

I have experience and gear, ropes, etc.

Do you ice climb?

pdeaglep

Nov 10, 2010, 4:06 PM
Post #11 of 14 (3256 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imhavingthemostfun] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey my name is Paul. Just saw this thread. I live around geneseo and am looking for a partner(s) this weekend also. Were are you guys going? Gunks or little falls? I was hoping to get out and do some climbing in the Gunks any interest?

Valpine

Nov 10, 2010, 6:51 PM
Post #12 of 14 (3245 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I(we) will most likely be at Little Falls this Saturday as well. I am always interested in meeting new climbing partners. Perhaps we can meet, share TR's and possibly get on your e-mail list?

afreeclimmber

Nov 10, 2010, 7:33 PM
Post #13 of 14 (3238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pdeaglep] Looking for a climbing partner for Gunks/Adirondaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Friday my primary partner and I are going to Bald Mt, Old Forge area for some all day trad so I expect Saturday we will be at Little Falls for what looks like the season end for rock due to weather. I expect 4-6 climbers of our normal group will be there. We always are looking for more partners and share our lines always so I look forward to meeting any and all who make it. By the way my name is Andy.

stoopid

Nov 14, 2010, 2:38 PM
Post #14 of 14 (3172 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It was nice meeting Kevin Saturday, although I hardly climbed.

Good to see so many eager people!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook