RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

NandaDevi15

Aug 12, 2010, 6:28 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2486 views)
Shortcut

Hocking Hills Ice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for info on water fall ice in Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio. I know that there's no "rock" climbing permitted outside of the designated areas, but was not sure about what the rules are for ice. Found these pics and am thinking about scouting this place this coming winter. Any info about ice climbing rules would be great or if anyone has tried the water falls before.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/visuals/album/2007/hockinghills/

tank

Aug 13, 2010, 8:58 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2442 views)
Shortcut

Re: [NandaDevi15] Hocking Hills Ice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know of any listed info on ice climbing for the area. But all of those photos are of areas where you can't climb. So similar ice formations appear at the state climbing and rappelling area. A 120 pillar will form occasionally, but most of the ice formations are much smaller.

All of the state land in the area(minus the climbing and rappelling area) is a big fat no no. They are very serious about their tickets and fines. However you might be able to approach private land owner in the area.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

NandaDevi15

Aug 13, 2010, 9:52 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tank] Hocking Hills Ice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info, I figured that most of the waterfalls there would probably be out of bounds and tickets and fines are something that I would defiantly want to avoid. Thanks again for shedding some light on it, I’ll keep looking around the area for other possibilities.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook