Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Feb 15, 2009, 4:43 PM
Post #101 of 107 (715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [subantz] New crag dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First off, major props to the original poster on scoring that dog. Aussies are awesome, and the puppy is VERY cute! On the training, herding dogs in general can be very good or very bad. They are incredibly smart, and need things to occupy their time. If you put a solid training foundation in place now, you will be able to take the dog to the crag later, and put her/him into a "down" for hours.

If you don't train enough, however, herding dogs will run amok at the crag, getting into more trouble, getting more "bored" than perhaps any other breed.

My own dog, whom I rescued from a southern Utah rancher about nine years ago, and is now pretty much my parents' dog, is NOT a crag dog. If she were human, she would be asperger's, no doubt, and it obsesive and high-energy even for the Border Collie/Aussie mix that she is. She can't stand to just sit in one place, can't stand to see me climb out of her reach, and is a major pain in the ass. She is much more in her element on, say, a 30-mile horseback ride.

Just my two cents. Her are some pics of my own dog, who is the raddest, and smartest in the whole world, objectively speaking:

sidepull

Feb 16, 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #102 of 107 (687 views)
Shortcut

Re: [asshat] New crag dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

asshat wrote:
sidepull, you sound like an idiot. How do you sport climb 12a, boulder v7 and still find time to freak about dogs whilst cranking so rad?

and your screen name is?

amy186

Feb 16, 2009, 5:46 PM
Post #103 of 107 (665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [currupt4130] New crag dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh no!! That puppy is adorable but I noticed in one of the pics he is snacking on some Rhododendron leaves!! This should be training rule #1!!! Rhododendron leaves and flowers are poisonous to dogs!!!! It can cause gastro problems like vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain or possibly worse for puppies. Keep him out of the Rhododendrons!!

bearbreeder

Sep 7, 2010, 3:51 PM
Post #107 of 107 (492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [currupt4130] New crag dog [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dogs are awesome ... when you just can't find that energy bar in yr pack ... u know youve got a food source ... lol

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook