Sep 11, 2002, 5:53 PM
Post #101 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

In memory of September 11th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, Chuck.

Rich? Don? Kiss and make up!

This isn't a military arguement. Besides, one argueing on the behalf of the military is doomed to a losing battle!

Lets remember and end this stupid thread. Sending the love out to you and all...

Steve

spydermonkey

Sep 11, 2002, 5:53 PM
Post #102 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lilred~ bring it on wench!
Just~ your the hypocrite, making peace then just going right back to what you were doing before.

And what is up with the religion crap. Where did that come in jbone?

Like Wild said post it some place that is appropriate.

Once again you three proved to me that some people are just jerks and total antagonists, and just out to start a fight. If thats what you want bring it on. By the way nice try at a threat there lilred. hahahahaha
Back off!!!!

Thanks again Wildtrail for keeping in mind the acctual topic of this thread and having sympathy for the subject at hand.

Thanks to all that are remembering what happened and making an effort to make this country and world a better place.

spyder

justsendingits

Sep 11, 2002, 6:02 PM
Post #103 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Spyder in da house!!!!!

climbingpride

Sep 11, 2002, 9:42 PM
Post #104 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL

Thanks Wild and dondiego. That’s what I wanted to see. Now seriously, today is Sept 11, and there have been many momorials. I had one at our High School, but what about a monument at ground Zero. Yeah Wild I do agree with you about it we should think about it in our mind, but not to just get over it. Don’t you think that that might not be enough for some. Well discuss nicely.

Pride

lilred

Sep 11, 2002, 10:34 PM
Post #105 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uh, split personalities much?

One post:
thanks wildtrail. Very nice.
Forever the memories of all who died will live on!!!!

spyder

Next post:
Lilred~ bring it on wench!

spyder

HA! Ya know, they DO have medication for that type of condition...

Spydie, just cuz a ladie like me dosen't want to go steady with you doesn't mean you should get your panties in a knot...
Settle down now there little one! Someone has to want to go to the prom with you! Really! You ARE a nice guy!
Oh, by the way, I CAN'T wait to meet you in person in a few weeks
REALLY

/* in a Shaniqua tone of voice while snapping fingers
OH ITS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTEN!!!!!

/* moons spyder

[ This Message was edited by: lilred on 2002-09-11 15:55 ]

spydermonkey

Sep 11, 2002, 10:46 PM
Post #106 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that I'm a little young for you but thanks for the offer. You caught me off guard!!!

spyder

sorry for being so mean, you just got me going.

lilred

Sep 11, 2002, 10:51 PM
Post #107 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, like I said in my last thread, I've got nothin but love for everyone here...

I was just having way too much fun with you!

i didn't mean any harm either...check out the PM to pride...he'll explain

climbingpride

Sep 12, 2002, 12:12 AM
Post #108 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yep

spydermonkey

Sep 12, 2002, 12:17 AM
Post #109 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to funny, but ok.

spyder

Partner dondiego

Sep 12, 2002, 1:12 AM
Post #110 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really love ooze. He is the greatest.

-D D-

sugarbaby

Sep 12, 2002, 1:18 AM
Post #111 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one of my best friends was killed in the south tower. he and his roommate had moved to new york 4 months earlier, and he worked on the 101st floor. i was on the phone with his roommate, at their apartment across the river when it fell. he was watching from the window. i can hear his voice just saying "oh my god, oh my god, nate, no, no, nate...."
that day sucked.
i think we need to be balanced though. hundreds of people die every day for no reason. it was a tragic day. one of the worst of my life, but because it finally happened in america it's suddenly important. i agree that it should be an unforgettable and solemn day for us all, but remember, there is a whole world of tragedy.

i love you nate, i miss you

climbingpride

Sep 12, 2002, 1:23 AM
Post #112 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*agrees*

Partner dondiego

Sep 12, 2002, 2:03 AM
Post #113 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ditto

sugarbaby

Sep 12, 2002, 2:11 AM
Post #114 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks guys, i'm still crying. but thanks for your support

justsendingits

Sep 12, 2002, 2:35 AM
Post #115 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sad,sad,sad!!:bawl,cry

eowyn1025

Sep 12, 2002, 4:12 AM
Post #116 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

God Bless America

that's all i'm gonna say

spydermonkey

Sep 12, 2002, 4:17 AM
Post #117 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Amen!!!

spyder

climbsomething

Sep 12, 2002, 5:08 AM
Post #118 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am nearly wetting myself over here watching this curious lilred-spyder drama. where did THAT come from?

But at the same time, wow, sugarbaby... there are no words some stranger like me can offer you from way over here in Arizona. You bring a "face" to the tragedy to us rc.com'ers. May you find peace.

spydermonkey

Sep 12, 2002, 7:31 PM
Post #119 of 122 (2999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very well said sugarbaby, I couldn't have put it any better. Thank you and bless you.

spyder

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THIS WHOLE EARTH!!!!

Partner oldsalt

Sep 12, 2010, 4:01 AM
Post #120 of 122 (1040 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spydermonkey] In memory of September 11th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Please see the addendum that follows my original post. I made a significant error. I have decided to leave the original text instead of leaving you wondering what the heck I am talking about...

[Original, Flawed Text]
This thread has been lying fallow for eight years, and it remains an interesting window into the time.

Today is 9/11/2010 and I want to comment on the "current" state of things. I live about 50 miles from Gainesville, FL, best known as the home of the University of Florida, until this week.

The pastor of the 50 member church who was planning to burn Qurans and Talmuds has gained the bully pulpit by talking about exercising his constitutional rights.

I love books and despise the very concept of burning them for censorship or politics, but I cannot say that an American citizen cannot burn a book.

What amazes me is that the Islamic world (which covers the entire globe) is burning American flags over this. The guy doesn't speak for many Americans, but he has the right to speak. If you don't like what he is doing, DON'T ATTEND HIS CHURCH! Hit him in the wallet by letting him get by with the proceeds from 50 members.

I am shocked by President Obama's message yesterday about not upsetting the Moslems in the war zone. The marvelous men and women who are wearing our uniforms in the zone are risking and giving their lives already. Any attacks or bombings are going to occur with or without this particular provocation.

I support President Obama, although I did not vote for him. At this point in time, I really don't care where he was born or if he eats dead babies. People who do care are spending their energy on the wrong issues. He needs to be great in these difficult times,

That said, we Americans cannot express our constitutionally guaranteed opinions without offending the people who killed thousands of innocents from all around the world, including Moslems, 9 years ago today? Mr. Obama, did you really say that burning Qurans will anger our enemies and put our troops at risk, when they already are risking their lives for our cause?

Did President Roosevelt ask Americans not to tell Hitler jokes in 1944 because it might make him mad at us? Did President Reagan ask Bob Hope not to make Cold War jokes because they might anger the Russian leadership?

Is it just me, or is something wrong here?

Thank you, troops, for protecting our freedom with your bodies and your lives. You are also protecting the right of oddballs to burn Qurans and for Presidents to try to stop them from doing so.

Just don't tell us to give up our rights in order to appease our enemies. Those who planned or participated in the hijackings and subsequent deaths are not worthy of anything except final justice.

Whew! This is an emotional thing with me, can you tell?

[End Flawed Text]

I was discussing my words in the text above with a friend. This friend served seven (7) tours in Viet Nam, and I have the highest regard for him as an American, a Veteran, and a friend. He convinced me that I did not understand the greater truths.

The following text explains my error and presents my new understanding...

Most Muslims are not terrorists. I knew this when I wrote the piece, but I was targeting the actual terrorists as I wrote. I have Muslim friends. I do not know any terrorists personally. Burning copies of the Quran no doubt offends the innocent more than those who commit atrocities in the name of the book.

Terrorists do not accept the Prophet's words where he wrote of Muslims dealing with non-Muslims. In the words of a translator, "When ye mingle your affairs together, ye shall become brothers."

My friend told me that ordinary citizens, offended by the desecration of their book of scriptures, are more likely to take actions against our troops. These are the very people that we need to remain open to working with us. The extremists will not become our friends, nor are they likely to set aside their very strong beliefs and sing Kumbaya with us.

I am offended by seeing burning American flags, and I would be offended by seeing burning Bibles, or Torahs or Talmuds for that matter. I should be offended to see burning Qurans. Books matter, words matter, and people matter.

I wish the worst levels of perdition for those who attacked our country, be it via the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, or Flight 93 over Pennsylvania. I regret writing words that offend my Muslim friends and the millions of other Muslims around the world who wish no harm to me, my family, or my country.

(This post was edited by oldsalt on Sep 12, 2010, 4:45 PM)

bill413

Sep 12, 2010, 9:15 PM
Post #121 of 122 (1024 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oldsalt] In memory of September 11th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oldsalt; a well written piece.

Unfortunately, tribal thinking, which feeds terrorism, allows for people calling for the killing of a cartoonist for a depiction that is no more vile than their depictions of outsiders.

But, yes - people are not terrorists because they are followers of Islam. They are terrorists because they are followers of living people who have no tolerance for opinions outside of their own.

I particularly liked
In reply to:
Terrorists do not accept the Prophet's words where he wrote of Muslims dealing with non-Muslims. In the words of a translator, "When ye mingle your affairs together, ye shall become brothers."
Something we should appreciate & practice.

Partner philbox

Sep 12, 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #122 of 122 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill413] In memory of September 11th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bill413 wrote:
But, yes - people are not terrorists because they are followers of Islam. They are terrorists because they are followers of living people who have no tolerance for opinions outside of their own.

That pretty much sums up the soapbox forum. Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook