RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

edge

Nov 4, 2010, 3:00 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1737 views)
Shortcut

Need Partner For Pinnacle Buttress, Mt Washington
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I may have posted this here or on another forum in years past, but various roadblocks, life circumstances, addictions, and general BS prevented any actual attempt being made.

The Objective: A winter conditions ascent of Pinnacle Buttress in Huntington Ravine. I would love to plan a calendar Winter ascent, but conditions at present would suffice for my twisted mind. Basically I want to climb it with ice, snow, and mixed work necessary. Full value wind and cold are not mandatory, in fact i would rather avoid them, but will take what the good mountain sees fit to dish out.

My Motivation: I have done all of the gullies and other buttresses many times, including all 8 gullies solo in 6 1/2 hours. This would basically be the last hurrah for my Mt Washington scorecard.

My Ideal Partner: Would climb like Mark Twight and look like Liv Tyler, but I will take any smelly old crag rat or rattess who is safe, competent, motivated, and willing to swap leads. Ideally you can help me with transportation from the Lakes Region of central NH to the mountain, as I am currently between licenses. Also you have to promise that you will not laugh at my gear, which may be old but has probably logged more miles than your car. My rope, however, is brand new and dry treated.

Any interest? Bueller?

Partner wormly81

Nov 5, 2010, 9:36 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1703 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Need Partner For Pinnacle Buttress, Mt Washington [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All busied up until after Thanksgiving myself but I wanted to chime in with a "GIT ON IT!". Good luck!

brokesomeribs

Nov 6, 2010, 3:21 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sent you a PM. Have car, have the time, and already have Pinnacle on this season's ticklist. Let's make it happen.

AntinJ

Nov 8, 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] Need Partner For Pinnacle Buttress, Mt Washington [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am also up for this mission if BSR can't make it!

edge

Nov 15, 2010, 4:25 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I got several responses, both here and via pm. It only seems fair that I give the first respondant first crack at it, and see where it goes from there.

At any rate, I would be stoked to get out and climb with everyone who responded, so let's keep that in mind and continue the dialogue!

Oh, and the reason for the late reply on my part: days after I posted, my wife requested that I fix a crack in the upstairs bathroom ceiling. This is a bathroom with a non-functioning tub only that we have never used in 17 years of owning the house except for the toilet and sink.

Long story short, the last week consisted of 10 hour days fixing the crack by stripping the old horsehair plaster and lathe from ceiling and walls, insulating, rewiring, replumbing, adding a 4' shower stall, laying flooring, and hanging sheetrock. Today I am waiting for sheetrock taping to dry so I can paint, add trim, lay the finished floor, reinstall the toilet and a new, relocated pedestal sink, then fire up the water supplies so that we won't have to shower in the downstairs bathroom located directly off the kitchen any more.

The "crack" in the ceiling will end up costing us about $1200 plus 1 1/2 week's labor...

losbill

Nov 15, 2010, 6:07 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1578 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Under the category of misery loves company, "glad" to see that I'm not the only one who has major project creep home repairs end up significantly impacting both climbing time and pocket book.

BTW - Jason is super solid company should you guys hook up.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook