Forums: Climbing Information: Access Issues & Closures:
The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

adelicious

Nov 1, 2010, 2:24 PM
Post #1 of 27 (10987 views)
Shortcut

The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The SCC needs your vote! We are trying to win $250,000 from the Pepsi Refresh Project and we need your support. Please go to the link below and sign up. You can vote 1/day for the entire month of NOVEMBER and the winners will be announced Dec 1st!!

Please help us purchase/preserve climbing areas!! Thanks! Wink

http://www.refresheverything.com/seclimbers

sausalito

Nov 1, 2010, 2:46 PM
Post #2 of 27 (10973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adelicious] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Its insane to look at some of the other things that are currently leading this issue and how they are going to spend their money. The prevent Baby hip dysplasia one allocated $25,000 for upgrade in their website! Seriously?

This competition is rigged. I think if Pepsi was actually choosing then the SCC would have a good shot. Since the idiotic general public is choosing something like this (http://www.refresheverything.com/preventcoloncancerwithcolonics) will win.

sausalito

Nov 1, 2010, 3:00 PM
Post #3 of 27 (10964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adelicious] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

adelicious wrote:
The SCC needs your vote! We are trying to win $250,000 from the Pepsi Refresh Project and we need your support. Please go to the link below and sign up. You can vote 1/day for the entire month of NOVEMBER and the winners will be announced Dec 1st!!

Please help us purchase/preserve climbing areas!! Thanks! Wink

I just looked at the top 100.... People need to seriously start voting for the SCC!!!!! So many idealistic bad ideas in there. THe ones that are using a large portion of money to hire a full time staff should be auto-disqualified. You cannot hire a full time staff under the assumption that you will some how again secure funding in the future without pepsi.

Also the no kill animal shelters are dumb. Its not cool to keep a dog locked up in a cage for years on end. Its really fucking brutal actually. I would actually vote for an animal shelter that advertised they would give a dog 30 great days of ball chasing, swimming and much love... if nobody wanted the dogs after that 30 days they would be humanely put down. Its gut wrenching but dogs breed way faster than we can find good homes for them.

I am bumping this again, with my pseudo rant, because I think the SCC is clearly one of the better projects in this competition... and I actually took the time to look around. I wasn't going to vote for the SCC simply because I was told to vote for them.

If you frequent a gym or climbing shop print a link out and put it up in the gym/shop.

adelicious

Nov 1, 2010, 3:06 PM
Post #4 of 27 (10957 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sausalito] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for your support! Some of the causes are not worth voting for - that is for sure! If any of you are climbers (and I am sure you are if you're on this site) check it out for yourself and if you think it's a good cause, please vote for us! We need all the help we can get! Many thanks!

bouldrinsoill

Nov 1, 2010, 7:00 PM
Post #5 of 27 (10920 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From the SCC facebook page quoting the Q&A on the Pepsi site

In reply to:
I have noticed my ideas have not moved in ranking. Is the leader board working properly?

Yes, the leader board updates every 30 minutes. All ideas are updated ba...sed on the number of votes received. During the first two days of each month the leader board does not show much movement as votes are being accumulated. For this short timeframe, "ranking" is based on the timestamp of a submission. After the 3rd day if a user's idea does not receive any votes their ranking continues to be based on the timestamp of submission trailing all ideas that have received votes.

So keep voting! 194 is an arbitrary number for now. Imagine TWO MORE CRAGS. Get psyched - tell your friends - sign up for the email reminder.

Phillip

adelicious

Nov 1, 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #6 of 27 (10911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bouldrinsoill] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes - I posted that. We won't really know where we stand for the first little while until we start moving based on votes. Hopefully by the third day as they mention we will know where we stand! Let's get a good start!

montgomerywick

Nov 1, 2010, 9:30 PM
Post #7 of 27 (10879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ditto on PLEASE VOTE and spread the word!!!

granite_grrl

Nov 2, 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #8 of 27 (10825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Figure every bit counts. Signed up and started voting yesterday.

leedaclimber

Nov 2, 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #9 of 27 (10813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

adelicious wrote:
vote 1/day for the

Guys, don't forget to vote again today- we can win this thing, but we all have to keep voting and spreading the word.

mikeydiamonds

Nov 3, 2010, 2:22 PM
Post #10 of 27 (10775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not a climber. I was doing a search on the leader board issue for Pepsi Refresh and this page came up in google. Glad to know there's others in the running wondering what's going on with the rankings. Thanks for the help.

I am a founder of Rivergades, an initiative to remove trash and debris from the Intracoastal Waterway and it's tributaries. Maybe some of you can spend one of those precious votes on our cause: http://refresheverything.com/rivergades.

We're in the 50k category so not in competition with SCC. I just gave you a vote, SCC. Good Luck!

adelicious

Nov 3, 2010, 2:53 PM
Post #11 of 27 (10764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mikeydiamonds] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll vote for your cause (since we get 10) and see if I can get people helping you out since you're not running against us and are in another category! Please do the same for us if you can - we'd really appreciate it!

Hope Pepsi updates the leader boards soon - we are all in suspense!

mikeydiamonds

Nov 3, 2010, 3:20 PM
Post #12 of 27 (10755 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the support, I've already voted for you and I'll spread the word. I imagine it's hard to get the $250k but I love that you're thinking big and trying to preserve pristine land for others to enjoy your sport. Good Luck!

csproul

Nov 5, 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #13 of 27 (10685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mikeydiamonds] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Up from a 130th ranking yesterday to 30th today...let's keep on voting!

irregularpanda

Nov 7, 2010, 7:23 PM
Post #14 of 27 (10635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

csproul wrote:
Up from a 130th ranking yesterday to 30th today...let's keep on voting!

You guys need to learn how to bump a thread so it's always on the front page! Also, mods....sticky this?

ncrockclimber

Nov 7, 2010, 8:29 PM
Post #15 of 27 (10622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sausalito] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sausalito wrote:
... Also the no kill animal shelters are dumb. Its not cool to keep a dog locked up in a cage for years on end. Its really fucking brutal actually. I would actually vote for an animal shelter that advertised they would give a dog 30 great days of ball chasing, swimming and much love...

Although I appreciate that your issues with no-kill shelters come from a concern for the dogs quality of life, I think that you are misinformed.

ALL of the no-kill shelters that I have been involved with go to great lengths to insure that the dogs in their care are not "locked in a cage for years on end." My experience has been that these shelters provide a very humane environment for the animals, and that "much love" is a huge part of their program. Although I am sure that their are exceptions out there, I believe that most no-kill shelters do a great job and are far from "dumb."

That being said, I am a huge fan of what the SCC does. They got my vote. I like your idea about letting people at gyms and local shops know about this issue. I will be letting the team at Inner Peaks in Charlotte know about this when I stop by later this week.

irregularpanda

Nov 8, 2010, 6:41 AM
Post #16 of 27 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Vote, fools!

irregularpanda

Nov 8, 2010, 5:52 PM
Post #17 of 27 (10573 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Vote Every Day!

irregularpanda

Nov 9, 2010, 3:08 AM
Post #18 of 27 (10544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bump for social justice.

irregularpanda

Nov 9, 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #19 of 27 (10496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump because you guys need to RAISE SOME MONEY!

irregularpanda

Nov 9, 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #20 of 27 (10480 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. UNLESS YOU VOTE!

irregularpanda

Nov 11, 2010, 9:19 PM
Post #21 of 27 (10415 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

People don't know how to bump.

userdude

Nov 12, 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #22 of 27 (10375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My mom in law works in a hospital and has the entire staff voting daily. I've spammed friends and relatives I haven't talked to in years. It's so easy folks. Please take a minute every day to vote.

irregularpanda

Nov 13, 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #23 of 27 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Re: [userdude] The Southeastern Climber's Coalition Needs your help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn Straight.

irregularpanda

Nov 14, 2010, 6:45 PM
Post #24 of 27 (10285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bump

granite_grrl

Nov 17, 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #25 of 27 (10226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

22th place.

If we could hit it hard for the last half of the month we might gain enough ground.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook