Forums: International: Escalada en Espanol:
¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Escalada en Espanol

Premier Sponsor:

brokesomeribs

Nov 12, 2010, 8:06 AM
Post #1 of 5 (3319 views)
Shortcut

¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Con mis disculpas, solo hablo un poco de español, así que mi pregunta debe estar en Ingles.

I could use some help with travel logistics in Mexico....

My intent is to climb Orizaba (with acclimatization hikes up Malinche and one or two others) with three friends. Unfortunately however, I'm working with a limited budget. They are all flying direct from NYC to MEX to the tune of $600 which is out of my current budget. However, I have an ace in the hole.... a free flight to Cancun in the form of a voucher from Airtran, as well as vouchers for checked baggage for free.

What are my options from getting from Cancun to Tlachachuca (and back about 12 days later)? I imagine the simplest thing to do would be to fly direct to Puebla or Veracruz and then taxi/bus to Tlachachuca. I would obviously prefer a flight for simplicity and speed, but I'm not opposed to a ~24 hour overland bus trip if one exists and is economical. I can't find any reasonable flights to Puebla or Veracruz from Cancun (but I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Mexican airlines) and I don't even know where to begin searching for buses either. Any and all assistance/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

steelgrc

Nov 16, 2010, 5:53 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3295 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] ¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

check your inbox, I sent you some info

potreroed

Nov 18, 2010, 3:45 PM
Post #3 of 5 (3275 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] ¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could bus it all the way but that would eat up a lot of your time. You might have to fly to Mexico City, taxi to the East side bus terminal then bus it from there. Vivaaerobus has cheap flights from Cancun to DF. After all that you might wish you just borrowed the 600 for a direct flight.

squierbypetzl

Nov 30, 2010, 4:29 AM
Post #4 of 5 (3191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] ¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

potreroed wrote:
Vivaaerobus has cheap flights from Cancun to DF. After all that you might wish you just borrowed the 600 for a direct flight.

This.

I wouldn't recommend the land trip. It's almost a 24hr trip from MxCty, through some less than optimal southern roads. And it usually costs as much (if not more, if u can believe it) than a flight.

Vivaerobus is out of Monterrey, has an excelent safety record, and is bare bones cheap. Downside is they have to make money somewhere, so expect your carry on to cost much more than normal. I heard they´re thinking of installing coin slots on the bathrooms, and the seats are pretty damned cramped (2:30hr flight from DF to Cancun). It's economy class redefined.

Check out Volaris too. Cheaper than AeroMexico (which is just a tad cheaper than AirFrance 4 example).

There's another, Magnicharters I think it is, that flies real cheap from Cancun (dunno if they fly to it). They use the AeroMexico fleet, but don't give you any of the luxury.

I'd look for a flight from Puebla, Veracruz, Mexico, Cuernavaca, or Toluca, in that order.

squierbypetzl

Nov 30, 2010, 6:50 AM
Post #5 of 5 (3184 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] ¿Cómo se puede viajar de Cancun a Tlachachuca? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tlachichuca ;)

Forums : International : Escalada en Espanol

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook