Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
5 Minute Crag
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

crakel

Nov 26, 2010, 4:50 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1722 views)
Shortcut

5 Minute Crag  (North_America: United_States: California: Orange_County: 5_Minute_Crag)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Took a lap up to the base of 5 Minute Crag just to view the 2 set routes on October 31st. It was a bit of a slog to reach as the trail was not clear, but it made for a fun adventure. Be sure to bring long pants and a long sleeve shirt for the hike in as the bushes are quite high and dense. Also, be aware you will collect a few ticks while navigating your way down as they are fairly abundant.

The routes looked stiff (I am a moderate outside climber) but I subsequently spoke with Randy Vogel who said they can be top roped. Apparently there is a pipe above the routes that can be used to rap down and set up a top rope, but you will need two full length ropes to complete the setup. I live fairly close by so will have to rally a few friends to give it a try when the weather is dry for a period of time. In the meantime, I posted a few images of the area for those who, like me, were wondering what the crag looked like.
Attachments: resized-5 Minute Crag-Laguna Beach-Route.jpg (71.9 KB)
  resized-Water Tower Benches.JPG (138 KB)
  resized-Start of Hike.JPG (125 KB)
  resized-IMG_0519.JPG (110 KB)
  resized-IMG_0530.JPG (105 KB)
  resized-IMG_0532.JPG (106 KB)
  resized-IMG_0533.JPG (102 KB)
  resized-IMG_0534.JPG (90.6 KB)
  resized-IMG_0529.JPG (106 KB)
  resized-IMG_0538.JPG (38.8 KB)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me: