alpinelynx

Dec 23, 2002, 6:30 AM
Post #1 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Cat or dog person? Introduce your pet!
Report this Post
Can't Post

duh, I'm a cat person.

Mabel (aka the SuperCat 10,000 Special Government Prototype) is cute and fluffy, and oddly, very friendly. Best part - low maintenance. She's more like a person than some people I know and is better company than most.

Who is your pet? (inanimate objects would count too (you know, like your car or your favourite cam)

thatweakguy

Dec 23, 2002, 8:02 AM
Post #2 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Cat or dog person? Introduce your pet! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dog person here, just meet my ex!!!

But really I have a 9 month old puppy called, 'Jessie', she's a Australian Kelpie and comes to work at the gym everyday, and climbing outdoors.....at the dog-friendly crags only, of course!

She's the best!

funktimonious

Dec 23, 2002, 8:47 AM
Post #3 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DOGS!

I've got a huge boxer that scares the sh** out of all mail men and visitors. His name is Oscar, and i let him atack my friend for fun. He doesn't bite, just pushed his weight around. Cutest eighty pounds of muscle ever.
Also Brandy, Enlish SPringer Spaniel. Cute ball of stinky fur.

--Peace.

pyrohalfronium-hozer
Deleted

Dec 23, 2002, 9:49 AM
Post #4 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A horse, an ent, and a rat man. I breed vermin as livestock and I'm planning on using them for a new efficient mode of transportation in the future: vermin powered wheel chairs. However, I'm not sure if this will yield the pollution free solution I'm looking for, but for those of us who can't afford solar panels and hydrogen fuel cells this is the solution we've been waiting for!

climbingcowboy

Dec 23, 2002, 11:52 AM
Post #5 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Horses-Buck my quarter/arabian, Bocephous quarter horse

Dogs-Clyde hound dog, Fred basset hound

Raccoon-Don Juan

lynnie

Dec 23, 2002, 1:27 PM
Post #6 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

funny, i have a frog named clyde. hes stuffed.

on a more serious note i like dogs. ripley, the chocolate lab.

howitzer

Dec 23, 2002, 1:44 PM
Post #7 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Loki, my beloved Siberian Husky who scares everyone walking by (looks like a wolf) and is a real sweetie that we found in the shelter. She just had her first run at dogsledding this weekend and did great!

My best friend no matter what, thats what dogs are all about

djmeat

Dec 23, 2002, 2:54 PM
Post #8 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a salt water fish tank. Everything in is to expensive and delicate to name.
So I have Fish, Galaxia coral, mushrooms, anenome, starfishes, various other echinoderms.

everything is refered to by its scientific latin name.(I won't bore you all with them)

[ This Message was edited by: djmeat on 2002-12-30 11:13 ]

mwbtle

Dec 23, 2002, 3:49 PM
Post #9 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a dog person mostly. I have a bearded collie, Kayli, who is TROUBLE, but who can't live in the apartment with me, so she's living with my parents. I have a cat too, also living with my parents because they kinda like her.

Plans are, when I finally get a place with a yard, I'm going to get a new puppy. I can't really take kayli because she's lived with my parents for so long that she'd pine and not be at all happy.

Skibabeage-- I'm also hoping to get a norwegian elkhound. No ideas for names yet, but the puppies are adorable. Weird coincidence. I thought I was like the only person who'd ever heard of them.

Partner jules

Dec 23, 2002, 3:56 PM
Post #10 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dogs and cats. I have two of one, one of the other.

I'll take pictures if I remember to.

kcrag

Dec 23, 2002, 4:42 PM
Post #11 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fecal impaction... ewwwww. Let's not go there!

Me, DOG gal. Decent sized, if not LARGE dogs only, please. Not into yappy pups.

I grew up with the most evil cat that unfortunately lived to be 23. That cat scarred me for life (not to say ALL kits are bad).

However, the bitch legend continues with my pooch, Gert. Love the husky mix to death, but she sure is a female alpha dog, which can by trying at times. No dog parks for her. Great with peeps, but she could probably rip a pup apart if they were to smell her butt the wrong way (Flake is a cool dog, though, and has proven himself worthy of Gert's attention).

-k.

wigglestick

Dec 23, 2002, 4:54 PM
Post #12 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am a dog person. My dog Sasha (pictures can be seen at http://www16.brinkster.com/crowlmc)
is the best dog in the world. Although the only trick she knows is "sit" and she doesn't even do that very well. She is my favorite road trip companion.

Speaking of Norwegian Elkhounds. My parents had a norwegian elkhound, named Nicki, when I was a little kid. We had to put her down when I was about 12 but she was probably the smartest dog in history. Before I was born my mom owned a candle shop. Everyday the dog would walk to the shop with my mom in the morning and then walk home. Then everyday at 5:00 the dog would walk back into town and sit outside the shop until my mom came out and would walk home with her. Seriously, every day at 5:00 exactly the dog would show up at the shop. It was crazy.

Another time when I was about 8 I was playing around in the woods behind my house and my foot got stuck in the snow (stupid moon boots). Well I was stuck there for about an hour and it started to get dark. My mom started looking for me and for some reason left the dog in the house. The dog must have known something was wrong because it broke through the screen door and came running to find me, then ran and found my mom who was looking for me elsewhere. And in true lassie like fashion brought my mom to my location so I could get dug out. Man I miss that dog.

wigglestick

Dec 23, 2002, 5:02 PM
Post #13 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know it sounds dumb, but you know how those moon boots are. Your foot goes deep in the snow and then the snow gets compacted around so you can't move your foot. This happened to me twice. The other time, I was in kindergarten and I decided to take a shortcut to the bus stop and got stuck 50 yards from the bus stop. Mel, the bus driver, came and lifted me out but my boot stayed in the snow so I had to go to school with only one boot. Tramuatized for life, I tell you.

And no it wasn't a shortbus

oldandintheway

Dec 23, 2002, 5:17 PM
Post #14 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Animal lover in general. Two dogs: a red Chow Chow named Bamse, and a Collie mix named Lucky. Knuckleheads, but they are always happy to see me. That or they're just using me for the kibble.

Both were rescues...Bamse from a backyard breeder that didn't have clue about animal care and Lucky was actually picked up at a rendering plant that "Services domestics". A euphemism for processing critters into pet food. The name just seemed appropriate.

alpinelynx

Dec 23, 2002, 5:29 PM
Post #15 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My folks have 2 goldens. I taught one of them to speak and growl. I was working on getting her to speak when you'd say "No!" but we got busted. I actually have another cat, Alisdair. He's in foster care at my folks' house and is more like my mom's cat at this point, the traiter. He owns the place. What I really want is a cat that will go with me places, like a dog, but still be a cat..

oldandintheway

Dec 23, 2002, 5:46 PM
Post #16 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

George, heard that one. I really wanted to name him Loki to keep the Norse thang going but my kid decided Lucky it should be.

howitzer

Dec 23, 2002, 5:53 PM
Post #17 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nice Eric! my parents let me name my first dog when I was 4 - and I named her baked beans because she had 2 brown spots over her eyes. Kids do funny things with pet names
My Loki is pronounced funny (lok-eye), but when I get more (and have my dogsled team I'm dreaming of....)
I might name them Skadi, Sunna, Freya, Odin, and Tyr
Now that I have a theme going

coach

Dec 23, 2002, 6:00 PM
Post #18 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife has two cats that are okay but at least are low maintenance, Leeluw and Pua. I am more of a dog person and have an 8 month old miniature daschund named Archie. Archie goes to work with me everyday and is spoiled rotten by all the secretaries. He terrorizes the cats while at home and Leeluw, who is 3 will tear him apart if he gets too close. Pua will play with him and they sometimes sleep together.

I prefer dogs because the always show their love for you. Cats just want you to feed them and change the litter!

Climb On

oldandintheway

Dec 23, 2002, 6:11 PM
Post #19 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know the story Coach, dogs presume they are family and cats assume you are their housekeeping staff.

rockwomyn

Dec 23, 2002, 6:30 PM
Post #20 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cats and dogs:

I have 4 cats-
Izobella, Catalina, Killian & Violetta.

Plus, 2 Dogs:
Sirius (chow/akita) (mommy) &
Sputnik (chow/akita/ger. shep) (Sirius's daughter)

I have a slightly full household and have to be tied up when visiting the petstore or when i see stray animals. i would have more if i could...especially cats because you can leave them for days and not worry.

Partner jules

Dec 23, 2002, 6:35 PM
Post #21 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

re: small dogs...

"A dog that's not bigger than my cat isn't a dog... is't what real dogs EAT."

thomasribiere

Dec 23, 2002, 7:21 PM
Post #22 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's Basalte, my black volcanic cat (well, used to be volcanic!). He's 10 yrs, lives half time with me, half time w/ my parents, is a big eater but poor hunter.

I love him!

[ Ce Message a été édité par: thomasribiere le 2002-12-23 11:24 ]

cerikpete

Dec 23, 2002, 7:22 PM
Post #23 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dog. I'm pretty alergic to most cats. Plus dogs are just plain cooler.

I have a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog), which, for those who don't know, are basically mini collies. His name is Gambler and he rocks the house.

climbingpride

Dec 23, 2002, 7:43 PM
Post #24 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm definatly a dog person.

Dogs-

*BIG, I hate small things, dogs under 30 lbs are rats to me.

*Show a direct personality, some cat lovers say cats do to and they do, i have one, but our two dogs have so much more of a personality, more then some anti-socials i know.

*you can wrestle with them, and put packs on them.

*They are there to please you, cats look, act like they are all high and mighty.

*Pillows, having a big lab or any other large bread will do.

*Clean up so many messes, they practicly pay for themselves being a living mop.

*Inteligent, though one of the dogs we have now is a little lacking in that area, he's still awsome.

Cats take care of them selves, which some like, but i think that threw your care of others, or of animals, builds your love for them.

amsam

Dec 23, 2002, 8:22 PM
Post #25 of 30 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like pretty much all animals, but dogs are my favorite, especially if they're big and friendly.

We have two dogs, but they're pretty little, my uncle calls them "drop kick dogs" and I'd have to agree with that.

They are both fox terriers, a mother (Scarlet), and her son(Henk).

Scarlet is fat, slow, and is always either begging for food, or sleeping. And I swear she's skitzophrenic-I don't know how to spell that.

Henk is still a puppy, and he loves to play and run around the house. The only way to calm him down is to hold him on his back in your lap.

Since both dogs are so short, they tend to get stuck in the snow in winter, so my dad actually has to shovel our deck, and a portion of our back yard so they can be outside.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook